Randle ranking among 25&Under Group
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:
22 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Obviously Julius hasn't played yet, but if he stays healthy I think he'll end up being second on the list behind Davis.

Same. With potential to be number one if he winds up as an elite defender too.

So he's gong to be the best player in the NBA? Because AD is going to be that in the very near future.

I think he has that potential.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
I'd rank him 2nd. I've seen what he can do. This was in the preseason against the Warriors and Draymond Green was guarding him, made a great play. Speights is a good defender and he bounced off Randle. He's going to be a problem in the league, too quick and powerful.

Of course you would.

I stopped reading at "preseason".

Then don't get hyped on any college players..

You won't hear me call anyone who hasn't played a full nba season game a top 2 player at any position.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
I'd rank him 2nd. I've seen what he can do. This was in the preseason against the Warriors and Draymond Green was guarding him, made a great play. Speights is a good defender and he bounced off Randle. He's going to be a problem in the league, too quick and powerful.

Of course you would.

Exactly. In fact, some of the same posters in here mocking us for having high projections on Randle ARE THE SAME ONES telling us we should get Mudiay because of what he did playing against GROWN MEN in China

But that's none of my business.....

I've never called Mudiay a top 2 point guard in the league. Even though he's finished the same amount of regular season games as Randle.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Of course you would.

Exactly. In fact, some of the same posters in here mocking us for having high projections on Randle ARE THE SAME ONES telling us we should get Mudiay because of what he did playing against GROWN MEN in China

I've never called Mudiay a top 2 point guard in the league. Even though he's finished the same amount of regular season games as Randle.

Yeah in China.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

I want Randle to succeed. That's why I hate the unreasonable expectations. People around here expect him to be like Blake Griffin his "rookie year" (after getting injured his first season). Those are not fair expectations.
Staying healthy should be Randle's priority. And the franchise should bring him along slowly. That's why Mitch said in exit interviews Randle may not play in summer league, despite being healthy enough to do so.

Last edited by kikanga on Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Of course you would.

Yeah in China.

They've both completed 0 NBA regular season games.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I want Randle to succeed. That's why I hate the unreasonable expectations. People around here expect him to be like Blake Griffin his "rookie year" (after getting injured his first season). Those are not fair expectations.
Staying healthy should be Randle's priority. And the franchise should bring him along slowly. That's why Mitch said in exit interviews Randle may not play in summer league, despite being healthy enough to do so.

#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Of course you would.

Yeah in China.

They've both completed 0 NBA regular season games.

So you have a problem with people being excited about Randle and yet you think some kid who's played against much weaker competition in China is gonna be a star point guard? That doesn't make any sense at all.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:

So you have a problem with people being excited about Randle and yet you think some kid who's played against much weaker competition in China is gonna be a star point guard? That doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't have a problem with people being excited about Randle, and I never said Mudiay would be top 2 in his position...especially his rookie year. I've heard 18/10 averages expected out of Randle next year. Expecting that his rookie season is setting him up to fail. And I'd hate for him to get hurt again because we heap to much responsibility on him on the court right away.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Unreasonable expectations means that if Randle does not meet expectations people will be angry or disappointed with him. That's flat out not true, if Randle doesn't meet expectations of the people who hype him up then they will adjust. It's not the end of the world if he does not meet expectations. You guys really need to not take things so seriously.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Unreasonable expectations means that if Randle does not meet expectations people will be angry or disappointed with him. That's flat out not true, if Randle doesn't meet expectations of the people who hype him up then they will adjust. It's not the end of the world if he does not meet expectations. You guys really need to not take things so seriously.

We've had 3 coaches in 5 years, and fans want a new coach. People threw Kobe under the bus for his bad shooting this season. Pau was ran out of town and is now having success in Chicago. Lakerland has a long history of high expectations and heavy criticism when said expectations aren't met.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kikanga wrote:

We've had 3 coaches in 5 years, and fans want a new coach. People threw Kobe under the bus for his bad shooting this season. Pau was ran out of town and is now having success in Chicago. Lakerland has a long history of high expectations and heavy criticism when said expectations aren't met.

Randle is a rookie though, I think people know how to give a rookie room to grow. People are just having fun with projecting what Randle can be, I don't think anyone who is hyping him up is rigid in their thinking of Randle.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Randle is a rookie though, I think people know how to give a rookie room to grow. People are just having fun with projecting what Randle can be, I don't think anyone who is hyping him up is rigid in their thinking of Randle.

Exactly. Having high expectations for a rookie with tons of potential isn't setting them up to fail. It speaks more to what we think of his ability.

If I had any personal contact with Julius I'd be preaching that to his face. He probably has higher expectations for himself. Which is a good thing. You should always shoot for the best IMO. So the high expectations don't bother me when the potential is there.

You didn't see me hyping up Caracter and Ebanks when they were here....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Exactly. Having high expectations for a rookie with tons of potential isn't setting them up to fail. It speaks more to what we think of his ability.

If I had any personal contact with Julius I'd be preaching that to his face. He probably has higher expectations for himself. Which is a good thing. You should always shoot for the best IMO. So the high expectations don't bother me when the potential is there.

You didn't see me hyping up Caracter and Ebanks when they were here....

I genuinely hope Randle meets the expectations of the fan base. And I also hope people don't overlook the fact that returning from his injury and having a healthy season next year is an accomplishment in itself.
And if fans treat Randle the same way they treated Kobe after returning from a season-ending injury, I'll be disappointed.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject:

I'd have JC ahead of Randle today, simply because the kid proved he can play in the NBA. I can't discuss "potential" because Embiiid could have a world of potential but but he'll also need to prove his worth...

I'd rank Randle when he's done something, maybe at the end of next season..to much hype Vs. to little substance right now...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
I'd have JC ahead of Randle today, simply because the kid proved he can play in the NBA. I can't discuss "potential" because Embiiid could have a world of potential but but he'll also need to prove his worth...

I'd rank Randle when he's done something, maybe at the end of next season..to much hype Vs. to little substance right now...

These rankings don't mean much either way. Not a soul on here was expecting the level of play we saw out of Clarkson and look how he performed.

That's why its so dumb when people get upset if posters our high on our own players
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject:

We might as well project where he'll be on the all time top 10 list while we're at it. Also lets do who he'll replace on nbas Mount Rushmore.

I'm thinking 2nd greatest all time behind mj, if he becomes an elite defender of course. Probably will take out wilt or russell on Mount Rushmore because I think randle will be a better rebounder than both based on his physicality he showed on that play against draymond Greene.

Honestly these projections are unfair to randle who hasn't even had a chance to show what he can do yet. Let's watch him play for 82 games before we start making some of these wild predictions.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
We might as well project where he'll be on the all time top 10 list while we're at it. Also lets do who he'll replace on nbas Mount Rushmore.

I'm thinking 2nd greatest all time behind mj, if he becomes an elite defender of course. Probably will take out wilt or russell on Mount Rushmore because I think randle will be a better rebounder than both based on his physicality he showed on that play against draymond Greene.

Honestly these projections are unfair to randle who hasn't even had a chance to show what he can do yet. Let's watch him play for 82 games before we start making some of these wild predictions.

LOL yes, let's not post about anything we don't know 100% for sure then. In fact, LG should only be for discussing past events.

No projections whatsoever. Thinking Randle has a ton of potential is unfair to him

Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:

Why don't we never project anything on any player ever? How about that? These exaggerations are more ridiculous than anything anyone is saying about Randle. No one is going to meet Randle in irl and tell him that he has to be better than so and so player so I don't know how its not fair. People need to just let others have their fun and stop caring so about what others do in when being a fan.

Last edited by Rivershow on Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

So Wiggins didn't make the list? That sounds fair...
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

LOL yes, let's not post about anything we don't know 100% for sure then. In fact, LG should only be for discussing past events.

No projections whatsoever. Thinking Randle has a ton of potential is unfair to him

Seriously, do they know how ridiculous they sound? They are treating Randle like he is some baby.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

power forwards my good sir
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:

Seriously, do they know how ridiculous they sound? They are treating Randle like he is some baby.

I don't get it either bro. Honestly *sigh*
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

power forwards my good sir

ah, my bad
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

Why don't we never project anything on any player ever? How about that? These exaggerations are more ridiculous than anything anyone is saying about Randle. No one is going to meet Randle in irl and tell him that he has to be better than so and so player so I don't know how its not fair. People need to just let others have their fun and stop caring so about what others do in when being a fan.

I am just amused about what "the projections" are based on: Randle had a mediocre summer league; a mediocre preseason; and played one game where he shot 1-3 from the field, 0-2 from the line, 0 rebounds, 0 assists. Seems the projections are based on a few highlight clips. That's coo; maybe he'll pan out. And certainly the Lakers are stoking the flames, but they don't really have anything else to promote the team right now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: