Randle ranking among 25&Under Group
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
We might as well project where he'll be on the all time top 10 list while we're at it. Also lets do who he'll replace on nbas Mount Rushmore.

I'm thinking 2nd greatest all time behind mj, if he becomes an elite defender of course. Probably will take out wilt or russell on Mount Rushmore because I think randle will be a better rebounder than both based on his physicality he showed on that play against draymond Greene.

Honestly these projections are unfair to randle who hasn't even had a chance to show what he can do yet. Let's watch him play for 82 games before we start making some of these wild predictions.

Why don't we never project anything on any player ever? How about that? These exaggerations are more ridiculous than anything anyone is saying about Randle. No one is going to meet Randle in irl and tell him that he has to be better than so and so player so I don't know how its not fair. People need to just let others have their fun and stop caring so about what others do in when being a fan.

I am just amused about what "the projections" are based on: Randle had a mediocre summer league; a mediocre preseason; and played one game where he shot 1-3 from the field, 0-2 from the line, 0 rebounds, 0 assists. Seems the projections are based on a few highlight clips. That's coo; maybe he'll pan out. And certainly the Lakers are stoking the flames, but they don't really have anything else to promote the team right now.

If you have a problem with projections because you don't see it, that's fine. But some people try to act like everyone should feel the same. Everyone has their own opinion on how they rate players, I don't like the idea that just because you feel a certain way that others should too. Not saying you specifically but some are obnoxious with that attitude.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
We might as well project where he'll be on the all time top 10 list while we're at it. Also lets do who he'll replace on nbas Mount Rushmore.

I'm thinking 2nd greatest all time behind mj, if he becomes an elite defender of course. Probably will take out wilt or russell on Mount Rushmore because I think randle will be a better rebounder than both based on his physicality he showed on that play against draymond Greene.

Honestly these projections are unfair to randle who hasn't even had a chance to show what he can do yet. Let's watch him play for 82 games before we start making some of these wild predictions.

Why don't we never project anything on any player ever? How about that? These exaggerations are more ridiculous than anything anyone is saying about Randle. No one is going to meet Randle in irl and tell him that he has to be better than so and so player so I don't know how its not fair. People need to just let others have their fun and stop caring so about what others do in when being a fan.

I am just amused about what "the projections" are based on: Randle had a mediocre summer league; a mediocre preseason; and played one game where he shot 1-3 from the field, 0-2 from the line, 0 rebounds, 0 assists. Seems the projections are based on a few highlight clips. That's coo; maybe he'll pan out. And certainly the Lakers are stoking the flames, but they don't really have anything else to promote the team right now.

Simple.

The projections are based on his skillset, athleticism, size, and mentality.

You have a guy who is 6'9" with strength who can handle the ball, shoot from the perimeter, make the correct pass, and has the mentality/work ethic to get better. All at 20 years old. Those types of players don't come around often.

And it's not like he hasn't accomplished anything. He got Kentucky into the championship game last year as their premier player and he was a freshman.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:

Simple.

The projections are based on his skillset, athleticism, size, and mentality.

You have a guy who is 6'9" with strength who can handle the ball, shoot from the perimeter, make the correct pass, and has the mentality/work ethic to get better. All at 20 years old. Those types of players don't come around often.

And it's not like he hasn't accomplished anything. He got Kentucky into the championship game last year as their premier player and he was a freshman.

Yup, he's got some intriguing skills, but also a bunch of question marks. But I get a lot of people are in no mood to think about question marks.

I'd agree with some of the things you say about Randle's skills; but I think some of the areas you think he's strong, he's actually pretty weak. But, heck, this horse has been beaten so much he's during into dust, so no reason to go into it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Yup, he's got some intriguing skills, but also a bunch of question marks. But I get a lot of people are in no mood to think about question marks.

I'd agree with some of the things you say about Randle's skills; but I think some of the areas you think he's strong, he's actually pretty weak. But, heck, this horse has been beaten so much he's during into dust, so no reason to go into it.

Why not? That's the fun of the forum!

The only thing myself and others object to is the snarky, dismissive, and sarcastic attitude of some posters. But we shouldn't let that ruin the discussion.

I'll toss out some of things I think Randle needs to work on.

Screen Setting
Decisiveness with his shot selection
Off ball cutting
Defensive rotations
Boxing out
Letting the game come to him (ie learn to slow down like Clarkson did)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
activeverb wrote:

The only thing myself and others object to is the snarky, dismissive, and sarcastic attitude of some posters. But we shouldn't let that ruin the discussion.

Screen Setting
Off ball cutting
Defensive rotations
Boxing out

I think his jump shot needs work.
He has a tendency to turn his head and lose his man on defense.
Still not good using his right hand.

Now he has a lot of good skills, as you note. But at a minimum I think he's going to need a long adjustment period because NBA level players are going to figure his weaknesses out fast. He may pan out or he may be one of those guys who was able to overpower college players, but met his match at the higher talent level. I could see him going either way.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
22 wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Screen Setting
Off ball cutting
Defensive rotations
Boxing out

I think his jump shot needs work.
He has a tendency to turn his head and lose his man on defense.
Still not good using his right hand.

Now he has a lot of good skills, as you note. But at a minimum I think he's going to need a long adjustment period because NBA level players are going to figure his weaknesses out fast. He may pan out or he may be one of those guys who was able to overpower college players, but met his match at the higher talent level. I could see him going either way.

Agreed on those points.

I'm satisfied with his jumper development. I think he just needs more reps and confidence which he was starting to build before the injury.

He does need to use his right more finishing around the basket. Not a major concern of mine at the moment.

The last point I think he has already shown promise. We've seen him bounce Reggie Evans and Draymond Green at 19 years old. I think he'll overpower lots of NBA players as well. Plus he also has the handle to get around them or shake them without exclusively relying on bully ball
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Can we really evaluate Randle in this type of category when he's played 1 nba game?
I'd give the kid a season.

He could be top 5 in this type of list by the end of next season.
Or he could be a lot lower.

We won't know until a year from now.
VALakerFan80
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

To be honest I'm shocked Randle is on the board.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: