Clippers owner Steve Ballmer turns Laker locker room into private lounge
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Clippers owner Steve Ballmer turns Laker locker room into private lounge

He just purchased the Clippers and I'm already tired of this clown! I am tired of the Clippers whole act from the covering of the banners to now this. If you don't like living in the Lakers shadow, get the hell out of Staples Center or better yet... GET THE HELL OUTTA LOS ANGELES!!!!

http://www.lakersnation.com/clippers-owner-steve-ballmer-turns-lakers-locker-room-into-private-lounge/2015/04/20/
Prophet8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject:

To their defense. The Banner thing was all Doc. Matter of fact it was pre-Ballmer (whatever his name is). BUT, yeah I get it they have the little brother complex. They have to go extra hard to shake being in the shadows. The ultimate, is rebuilding this team and actually getting into the playoffs and playing these clowns. That's where the real will be!!!
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

I don't mind at all. The only reason they can do this is because we're terrible. It should be used as motivation by our FO.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

Who cares? It's not like the Lakers are using the locker room.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we can send Vitti in to give Ballmer some free treatment.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Trust me it'll all be over soon enough... Starting with their playoff exit. I've said for a while now that they're just one of those teams hoggin' up playoff spots with no real chance at a ring. Call it playoff purgatory.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to get a team together and not grip about the Clips...I
give a crap about the Clips...
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Not clear in the article but i am assuming the Lakers gave the Billionaire idiot permission to do so. Why I have no clue.

Clippers are a classless organization having their moment in the sun. Going to be interesting to see how things turn out when the Clips lose some players, lose some sparkle and Ballmer gets bored with his new toy.

Funny how bush league they still are. From Griffins antics to Pauls flops and Barnes acting like a tough guy. It cracjked me up that Rivers had his starters in last night with a minute to go and a 16pt lead. Even though the Spurs had pulled their starters a couple minutes before.

Reminded me of how they did the same thing up by 30 against the Lakers. Starters still in and launching 3's for effect. Guess it is tough to overcome four decades of being the court jester of the league.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Not clear in the article but i am assuming the Lakers gave the Billionaire idiot permission to do so. Why I have no clue.

Clippers are a classless organization having their moment in the sun. Going to be interesting to see how things turn out when the Clips lose some players, lose some sparkle and Ballmer gets bored with his new toy.

Funny how bush league they still are. From Griffins antics to Pauls flops and Barnes acting like a tough guy. It cracjked me up that Rivers had his starters in last night with a minute to go and a 16pt lead. Even though the Spurs had pulled their starters a couple minutes before.

Reminded me of how they did the same thing up by 30 against the Lakers. Starters still in and launching 3's for effect. Guess it is tough to overcome four decades of being the court jester of the league.

Not a fan of the Clippers by any means, but I can't imagine that they will go away any time soon. The main reason free agents never wanted to go there was because of Donald Sterling and his cheap ways. They now have the richest owner in the league and presumably have at least Doc Rivers and Blake Griffin for a long time. They may not win a championship as they currently are, but they should still be a pretty serious free agent draw for a long time.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers have good ownership now. They are doing well.

I can't hate on them.

Frankly, the overdone hate makes people sound butt hurt or jealous.

Let them have their fun. In the long term, I'd like it if both LA teams were good. With the Lakers better of course.
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
I don't mind at all. The only reason they can do this is because we're terrible. It should be used as motivation by our FO.

I feel the same way. I really hope this is used as motivation. These scrubs were the laughing stock of the NBA for years. Now they are trying to pick a fight with big brother let's see how our FO respond.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Awaits the leaked pics to taunt the laker nation.
These of course will mysteriously be leaked
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Hang some laundry first then we can consider getting more than bemused.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Whatever. (bleep) him and his waste of 2 billion dollars. He's got roughly 3 games left in there anyway.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Will the Lakers be using it in the next few months? No problem with it. They pay rent at Staples just like the Lakers do. I could see if the Lakers owned Staples.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Who cares? Staples Center isn't the Lakers' property.

They're tenants there just like us.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Just call me ***
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject:

LOL I swear some of y'all act like the Lakers own Staple Center. Their owner is so filthy rich that he could buy the arena if he wanted to.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Hope he enjoys his lounge for the next 5 or 6 games. It's all he's getting this offseason
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Hope he enjoys his lounge for the next 5 or 6 games. It's all he's getting this offseason

Doubt it. They looked like a real mismatch for the Spurs in Game 1. If they win that series they could very make it to the WCF and they matchup pretty well with the Warriors.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Doubt it. They looked like a real mismatch for the Spurs in Game 1. If they win that series they could very make it to the WCF and they matchup pretty well with the Warriors.

Well, they won't win this series.

Spurs are a bunch of old school mofos. Pop won't let the same mistakes happen on game 2.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject:

It's funny, I couldn't find an article on this in the online sports section of the LA Times, so I did a search using "Steve Ballmer Lakers Locker room", and while I did find several stories on the subject, virtually everyone of them cited the tweet from Bolch as their source.

And anyone who reads the LA Times sports section knows this guy has a giant pro-Clippers/anti-Lakers bias in everything he writes.

I'll wait for someone from the Lakers to verify the tweet and explain why it is so before I'm going to worry too much about it.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
danzag wrote:

What? Have you seen them play the Warriors? It's comical how much the warriors dick around and still end up winning. For crying out loud, the two games against the Pelicans, they have done nothing but fire up ridiculous shots... It's like when you're playing hard against your big brother and he's pulling turn around fade away threes. You get the lead and start talking trash... So then he stops dicking around.. Takes the ball to the post and moves you around like a rag doll.

Warriors have been ridiculously stupid against the Clippers this year... Yet they still manage to whip their ass... It's comical to think that they have a remote chance of doing anything.. If the clippers meet the Warriors.. I'm calling sweep... And I'm calling 20 point win sweep.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Next time we outlast the Clippers in the playoffs, we should turn their locker room into a fan bathroom.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Who cares? Staples Center isn't the Lakers' property.

They're tenants there just like us.

Agreed. Who cares?

Why pissed off at Clippers. I would be pissed off at our FO because we are again not in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: