How Good is Jordan Clarkson vs. Andrew Wiggins (shooting stats)?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: How Good is Jordan Clarkson vs. Andrew Wiggins (shooting stats)?

Randomly checking basketball reference, and this is what I found:

Jordan Clarkson

FG% by Distance
0-3' 66.5%
3'-10' 32.4%
10'-16' 47.6%
16'-21' 38.6%
3point 31.5%

FGA by Distance
0-3' 28.5%
3'-10' 18.1%
10'-16' 10.6%
16'-21' 22.1%
3point 20.3%

USG 23%
TO 12.6%

Andrew Wiggins

FG% by Distance
0-3' 66.5%
3'-10' 34.7%
10'-16' 38%
16'-21' 30.5%
3point 31%

FGA by Distance
0-3' 30.7%
3'-10' 19.3%
10'-16' 16.2%
16'-21' 22.5%
3point 11.1%

22.6% USG
11.7% TO

Just found these these statistics very interesting

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson for ROY
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Watching Wiggins this season I wasn't really impressed. Everyone and including me thought he had the potential defensively to be outstanding and a lock down guy and eventually his offense would come around. However this year he was pretty awful defensively. Offensively he has no jump shot.

I still think he has a high, high ceiling and higher than Clarkson's, but I don't think there's any question Clarkson was the more impressive rookie.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject:

There are two sides of the floor, however. Wiggins is already a very good defender. Clarkson isn't a bad defender, per se, but Wiggins is definitely ahead of him.

Offensively though, I agree that Clarkson was as good or better than Wiggins. Those stats Mike put up are for the whole season... if you compare the two as starters, Clarkson is even better. It's one of the reasons Clarkson's PER is that much better than Wiggins.

I think Wiggins wins the ROY more on what he will be, not what he is now. Clarkson, Payton and Mirotic are just as worthy as Wiggins IMO.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Wiggins is good no doubt, but he won't dominate since he's mainly a post player with no handles. He might be a better overall player than Melo (close on offense, and better on defense).

Last edited by misterrunon on Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Thing I noticed about Clarkson is that he takes 80% of his shots in zones where he is average to above average vs the league (and there are a lot of them), and even where he is average (around the rim), average is still very high efficiency.

He's alredy a plus shooter from 3 up top, plus from the elbow areas down on pullups, and average at the rim area. That's a pick and roll nightmare who will only get better.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Thing I noticed about Clarkson is that he takes 80% of his shots in zones where he is average to above average vs the league (and there are a lot of them), and even where he is average (around the rim), average is still very high efficiency.

He's alredy a plus shooter from 3 up top, plus from the elbow areas down on pullups, and average at the rim area. That's a pick and roll nightmare who will only get better.

Is he really an average finisher? Seems crafty to me.. I thought that was one of his strengths, at least looking from last year's summer league.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

And wait until he has a worthy big to work with on the P&R! Imagine him and DeAndre Jordan -- drool. I know it's a long shot, but between how DJ compliments Randle and how he would work with Clarkson, he's at the top of my FA wish list.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson has a better feel to the game offensively. Wiggins still can't consistently create his own shot. He's a better defender and dunker, but Clarkson isn't bad defensively. I think Clarkson has been better overall this year and has had more impact on games. Most of Minny games have been blowouts. Clarkson has kept this Lakers team competitive against the best teams.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
24 wrote:

And wait until he has a worthy big to work with on the P&R! Imagine him and DeAndre Jordan -- drool. I know it's a long shot, but between how DJ compliments Randle and how he would work with Clarkson, he's at the top of my FA wish list.

Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
tony smith wrote:
24 wrote:

Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?

In the words of Stewie:
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
24 wrote:

Is he really an average finisher? Seems crafty to me.. I thought that was one of his strengths, at least looking from last year's summer league.

By average, I mean his FG% in the lane is around the league average (around 55%). He's not at the elite level finishing (over 60%) of some of the great penetrating guards.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject:

I think Clarkson can crack the top 3 for ROY votes, but he's behind Wiggins and Mirotic. His run as a starter came too late in the season.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject:

I think it is hard to make these two comparable because one played all year.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject:

I remember Wiggins had a question mark about his finishing ability over length prior to the draft as well.

However, Wiggins and Clarkson are WELL over 65% within 3', elite.

Just call me ***
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Clarkson has a better feel to the game offensively. Wiggins still can't consistently create his own shot. He's a better defender and dunker, but Clarkson isn't bad defensively. I think Clarkson has been better overall this year and has had more impact on games. Most of Minny games have been blowouts. Clarkson has kept this Lakers team competitive against the best teams.

Isn't bad defensively? What the hell were you watching this season. Clarkson had trouble guarding his own shadow. He is ranked 80/84 in DRPM for point guards.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Isn't bad defensively? What the hell were you watching this season. Clarkson had trouble guarding his own shadow. He is ranked 80/84 in DRPM for point guards.

Every Laker is ranked low on defensive rating.. because the individual is ranked based on the team's performance. I'm not saying that he's a good defender though.

E.G.: Wiggins is rated 69th best defender at the small forward position.. even though people say he's good. Why? Because Minnesota sucks at defense. JC is ranked at 80th among PGs, btw.

Last edited by misterrunon on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

You realize how misleading that stat is right?

The whole team is god awful defensively. And defensive system in place is dreadful. No player looks good defensively here.
Just call me ***
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

The whole team is god awful defensively. And defensive system in place is dreadful. No player looks good defensively here.

You realize you have over 2000 posts in only two months right?

Go outside.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Just call me *** wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Go outside.

Dat personal attack doe. Do You need a hug friend? Bring it in You are not alone, and I will always love you
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Just call me *** wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Go outside.

Nice retort.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject:

He's gone outside.

DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
He's gone outside.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
He's gone outside.

Outside is a scary place to be fair.

I only go out because my job demands it.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject:

Clarkson is really good at the rim.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: