View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
It's a good devil's advocate argument, I just don't know anybody who is heading to Taco Bell because of the ad. Their goal clearly was to get people to try and permanently switch from Egg McMuffin's to Breakfast Crunchwraps, and it'll take more than getting some forum recognition to do that.

Actually, that isn't true. It's not a direct response ad.

The ultimate goal is to get people to switch, but the ad isn't designed to make the switch to happen immediately. The ad appears to be geared more towards an awareness and consideration play which typically result in delayed, though more sustained, sales.

Damn I regretted my anecdotal reference as soon as I wrote it. You and Jodeke are right to criticize that, but you also know what I meant. I mean, this isn't 1984, people have some choice. They'll choose the crunchwrap over time if it's consistently good, not because they believe they are "defecting" from an Egg McMuffin.

You're also right that all ads are good if they draw attention, but I wasn't disputing that in the OP. Just the idea that being a "breakfast defector" is ridiculous to think about

And nobody commented on my better post! They'd have more luck redefining the word "breakfast" than saying Taco Bell is now the "breakfast" place.

I wasn't a fan of the ad personally but I'm not a fan of Taco Bell either. I was just pointing out that people wouldn't run out to get Taco Bell right away because the ad doesn't appear to be designed that way.

Personally, even as a fast food lover, I think Taco Bell is gross, not to be surpassed by even Burger King.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: "And I am a breakfast defector"

Don Draper wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
This has got to be one of the worst ad campaigns ever.

Alright Don Draper, how would you sell Taco Bell for breakfast?

Ponder that one while you down your Old Fashioneds.

"It ain't rocket science. It ain't physics. It's crunchwraps."

Peyton Manning stares at the camera and takes a big bite.

"Taco Bell. (bleep) breakfast. *ding*"

Alright, Don. Here's the pitch, Draper style:

The happiest man I ever met was sitting on the patio of a small restaurant overlooking the sea in Chile. You could hear the surf, smell the salt air. And he was having breakfast.

But he wasn't just having breakfast, he was savoring every bite, breathing in the salt air.

We treat breakfast with disrespect.

This meal isn't just a breakfast, it's the start of a new day where the possibilities are endless.

We aren't just feeding our stomaches. We are giving food to our souls.

What's your soul need? A gray room, gray skies, a conveyor belt of gray breakfast sandwiches?

Or does it need flavor? Life? Music? Sex?

I don't want to defect from breakfast. I want to jump in up to my neck, breathe it in deeply. I want life to be alive. I want it to sing... to dance... to crunch.

It's not called a breakfast sandwich. It's called a CrunchWrap.

Savor Your Life.

Don't disrespect breakfast anymore.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject:

defector
noun
Synonyms and Antonyms of DEFECTOR

a person who abandons a cause or organization usually without right <the defector demanded political asylum in exchange for information about his nation's spying operations>

I think most know where DD was coming from but this is LG where being a contrarian is food for debate, (no pun intended) par for the course.

DD is saying the word defector is a poor choice of words. He's not talking about the commercial or it's effect.

This has got to be one of the worst ad campaigns ever IMO, after reading some of his responses is aimed at defector

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: "And I am a breakfast defector"

DancingBarry wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
This has got to be one of the worst ad campaigns ever.

Alright Don Draper, how would you sell Taco Bell for breakfast?

Ponder that one while you down your Old Fashioneds.

"It ain't rocket science. It ain't physics. It's crunchwraps."

Peyton Manning stares at the camera and takes a big bite.

"Taco Bell. (bleep) breakfast. *ding*"

Alright, Don. Here's the pitch, Draper style:

The happiest man I ever met was sitting on the patio of a small restaurant overlooking the sea in Chile. You could hear the surf, smell the salt air. And he was having breakfast.

But he wasn't just having breakfast, he was savoring every bite, breathing in the salt air.

We treat breakfast with disrespect.

This meal isn't just a breakfast, it's the start of a new day where the possibilities are endless.

We aren't just feeding our stomaches. We are giving food to our souls.

What's your soul need? A gray room, gray skies, a conveyor belt of gray breakfast sandwiches?

Or does it need flavor? Life? Music? Sex?

I don't want to defect from breakfast. I want to jump in up to my neck, breathe it in deeply. I want life to be alive. I want it to sing... to dance... to crunch.

It's not called a breakfast sandwich. It's called a CrunchWrap.

Savor Your Life.

Don't disrespect breakfast anymore.

Neo-Don would then burst into tears after that performance
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Personally, even as a fast food lover, I think Taco Bell is gross, not to be surpassed by even Burger King.

Man, Burger King. At least Carls tries to make their burgers look something like the pictures. BK is just two soggy buns and some slushie mix of sauce/"vegetable"/and meat packed between. And it's usually flat as a Frisbee.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

I actually got food poisoning at a BK on Manchester in Inglewood near La Brea.

Haven't had a good burger since they closed the original Fat Burger on Western Ave. and 35th St in Los Angeles, across the street from Charlie Neal's pool hall. Made fresh with real ground round, while you waited in line. After 2:00am on a weekend you'd have to sometime wait for 30 minutes. You could really have it your way, with or without onions, condiments of your choice, well, medium or rare.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: