Young Black Man Posts Positive Police Video - (Viral)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Young Black Man Posts Positive Police Video - (Viral)

A Young Black Man in the 16-26 year old demographic posts positive video re Cops that goes Viral:

Viral Video
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject:

In before the inevitable, "(Bleep) the police!" post.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Well he sure changed my mind. His anecdotal experience surely cancelled out the influx of police brutality videos showing up on an almost daily basis. I mean I have no reason to doubt him. His skin color gives him credibility and speaks for everyone else of the same skin tone.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
Well he sure changed my mind. His anecdotal experience surely cancelled out the influx of police brutality videos showing up on an almost daily basis. I mean I have no reason to doubt him. His skin color gives him credibility and speaks for everyone else of the same skin tone.

I see what you did there.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:

I am curious where in that young man's video did he claim to speak for anyone except himself? You either missed his point or I missed yours. Please show me the error of my ways.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
(Bleep) the police!

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject:

This is just one example of a non racially-motivated traffic stop. What about the hundreds of thousands of racially charged traffic stops that happen every day that go undocumented because people expect that of the police?
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:10 am    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
This is just one example of a non racially-motivated traffic stop. What about the hundreds of thousands of racially charged traffic stops that happen every day that go undocumented because people expect that of the police?

100,000+ a day? Wow! That's a powerful statistic.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject:

Just another example of if you act respectful and do what the cop tells you to do there won't be an issue 99.9% of the time.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:

What about the hundreds of thousands of non-racially motivated stops that happen every day.

The reality is, these incidences we hear about are the exception, not the rule. Even still, it is occurring far too often.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject:

Of course we shouldn't assume that just because a black person was harmed by a white cop (or cops) that means it was unjustified. It should be judged on a case-by-case basis, not by circumstantial superficial attributes of the individuals involved. And yes, not all cops want to (bleep) with you, sure, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a systemic problem with police brutality and corruption in general, and with a likelihood that it's more commonly perpetrated towards racial minorities. I don't think what his video points out is a bad thing to point out, it's good to remember that generalizations don't mean every individual (although that should be obvious,) but saying "not every individual" doesn't mean you shouldn't take certain precautions as a rule with the police.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject:

I mostly try to stay out of these discussions around here because this forum heavily leans left and goes overboard with the cop bashing. But I just wanted to give kudos to that young man. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with him, he made his points clearly and in a non-confrontational way. That's how you make progress. Good for him.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:

I am curious where in that young man's video did he claim to speak for anyone except himself? You either missed his point or I missed yours. Please show me the error of my ways.

He doesn't need to explicitly say it. A black man making a video saying "hey, I had a good experience with a cop" kind of implies it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: