Which top SF prospect would you draft??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you were drafting at the 5 spot and were deciding on a small forward which would you choose??
Mario Herzonja
18%
 18%  [ 17 ]
Justise Winslow
72%
 72%  [ 67 ]
Krispy Porkzingas
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Stanley Johnson
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 92

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject:

Winslow is the best player right now. I don't think it's close.
Stanley will be the best player (based on PER) eventually.
Hezonja will be a marksman like prime Peja/Turkoglu
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject:

Justise Winslow seems the more complete player at the moment, and probably played like one of college's better decision-makers at the position in a while. Played with a maturity that I liked a great deal. His perimeter jumper is OK-to-good.

Stanley Johnson seems the more intriguing player physically, but his inconsistency gave me some pause so as to prefer JW to SJ for the Lakers.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject:

Winslow.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

Winslow: immediate impact, already NBA level defender. However I think his ceiling is lower than Hezonja.

Hezonja: NBA level athleticism/shooting, but will need time to acclimate. I think he has a higher ceiling than Winslow.

Truthfully can't go wrong with both. But depends on what the team needs.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Winslow: immediate impact, already NBA level defender. However I think his ceiling is lower than Hezonja.

Hezonja: NBA level athleticism/shooting, but will need time to acclimate. I think he has a higher ceiling than Winslow.

Winslow is a lot better than Hezonja in my books.. Hezonja has the hops and an insane shooting touch, but there's not enough information on him to give me a good feel as to how he'd translate. He has the physical tools, but I just don't know if he has the "it." Winslow, OTOH, I am pretty certain has it.

So Winslow's floor is way way above Hezonja's, while imo, his ceiling is only marginally higher.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Winslow is a lot better than Hezonja in my books.. Hezonja has the hops and an insane shooting touch, but there's not enough information on him to give me a good feel as to how he'd translate. He has the physical tools, but I just don't know if he has the "it." Winslow, OTOH, I am pretty certain has it.

So Winslow's floor is way way above Hezonja's, while imo, his ceiling is only marginally higher.

I'm a big Winslow fan (have him in my "conservative 2015 free agency/draft plan"). I just can't say for certain b/c unlike Winslow, Hezonja:

1. had a coach/team that apparently have been trying to tank his status to ensure he doesn't leave the team;

2. doesn't have the exposure that Winslow had via the regular/NCAA tourney season.

I think Hezonja's shooting is far more advanced than Winslow, though Winslow wins on motor/defense/physicality.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject:

Winslow is the safer pick than Hezonja. At the moment I have Winslow higher on my draft board.

If we miss out on both Justin Anderson is a nice consolation prize
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

I would honestly be ecstatic if we could get a 15ppg 3&D SF out of this draft. I don't need a franchise player, I just want a real Trevor Ariza 2.0. Someone who can guard the best 2/3 on the opposite side for the next decade.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Hizonja. This would be a ballsy Jerry West type draft pick. He is a crazy athletic version of Kyle Korner that scores in more of a variety of ways.

Sorry, I have plenty of typos in my posts, but this really made me laugh

He does like that corner shot though. I can see that catching on here unfortunately along with Steve Black lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
22 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Hizonja. This would be a ballsy Jerry West type draft pick. He is a crazy athletic version of Kyle Korner that scores in more of a variety of ways.

Sorry, I have plenty of typos in my posts, but this really made me laugh

He does like that corner shot though. I can see that catching on here unfortunately along with Steve Black lol

Lol the steve black meme was great
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject:

We should sign Steve Black as our back up PG and Rondo as our starting PG. We would have a solid bench:

PF-Kelly
PG-Clarkson
SG-Brown
C-Black
PG-Black
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject:

Winslow without hesitation.

I am still hoping that it is not an option though. My fantasy draft continues to be Towns with the top pick and Justin Anderson with the 27th.

There is a drop off in talent, but Anderson is going to be a good Pro SF IMO. Very solid defender, high BB IQ and good 3pt efficiency. More the 3 and D type SF then the ballhandler and mid range player that Winslow is. Anderson is arguably the better defender though.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Winslow without hesitation.

I am still hoping that it is not an option though. My fantasy draft continues to be Towns with the top pick and Justin Anderson with the 27th.

There is a drop off in talent, but Anderson is going to be a good Pro SF IMO. Very solid defender, high BB IQ and good 3pt efficiency. More the 3 and D type SF then the ballhandler and mid range player that Winslow is. Anderson is arguably the better defender though.
yeah defense and three pt shooting is what we need a t sf, not ball handling and mid range shooting.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: