Which top SF prospect would you draft??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you were drafting at the 5 spot and were deciding on a small forward which would you choose??
Mario Herzonja
18%
 18%  [ 17 ]
Justise Winslow
72%
 72%  [ 67 ]
Krispy Porkzingas
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Stanley Johnson
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 92

lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

Mario Hezonja = Klay Thompson on steroids plus more upside and play making abilities.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

My vote goest to Winslow. I like how he projects as a defender, and I do see some all star potential. Second would be Herr Zonja, and don't really care for the rest.
lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:

If we draft Winslow we'll have the Texas triangle playing for LA. Randle from Dallas, Clarkson from San Antonio, Winslow from Houston.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Mario Herzonja is gonna be a bust in the nba. The only other alternative is he goes to the spurs, or s system that fits his skill set and makes him look better. There's very few systems he'll excel in though. People haven't even seen him play and going off of people's opinions and highlights of him playing against lower level of competition - that's a shame.

People love overrating the unknown and gullible individuals fall for the bait.

LOWER LEVEL COMPETITION?!?!

euroleague is the 2nd best basketball in the world, and Barcelona can easily take games off NBA teams. NCAA is the lower level of competition relative to the league Hezonja is playing in buddy.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

Winslow

But Hezonja is very intriguing and in my top 5 preferences.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Winslow is going to be the best player out of this draft regardless of position .... So yea
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Mario Herzonja is gonna be a bust in the nba. The only other alternative is he goes to the spurs, or s system that fits his skill set and makes him look better. There's very few systems he'll excel in though. People haven't even seen him play and going off of people's opinions and highlights of him playing against lower level of competition - that's a shame.

People love overrating the unknown and gullible individuals fall for the bait.

LOWER LEVEL COMPETITION?!?!

euroleague is the 2nd best basketball in the world, and Barcelona can easily take games off NBA teams. NCAA is the lower level of competition relative to the league Hezonja is playing in buddy.

The Spurs made a living from drafting European players. Why?

Different disciplines and culture.

Better to Best competition before the NBA level.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:45 am    Post subject:

Winslow's got a great motor and has the potential to be great on both ends of the floor.

How many players are there in the league who are able to do the eurostep? Off the top of my head, I can only name a few.

- Ginobili
- Wade
- Harden

That's pretty good company to be in. The eurostep requires a ton of footwork and skill to pull off.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject:

Winslow for his unquestioned motor. Hezonja is definitely a better offensive player but Winslow has a solid skill-set base and has monster defender potential. He comes from an upstanding program so you tend to believe he will work to get better at his offense.

I looked at the top 10 picks from the last 10 drafts and the only international players who have made any noise are Valanciunas and Rubio. I'm not saying we should never draft international players, just that we can't afford to miss with this particular pick.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject:

Winslow to me has the attitude and body to go with the skills. I agree with the top end Kwahi Leonard potential. While the euro dude may be good his skill set does not fit in with what we have already (Clarkson and Randle).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject:

I don't think we can go wrong with Winslow either. He's in my group of 6 guys I like.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject:

Winslow for me. He has talent, size, defense, skillset, high basketball IQ for his age and great attitude to be all star in this league his ceiling is Kwahi Lenonard. I think at worst he will be good player solid 3rd or 2nd option.

Last edited by Nightwalker on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject:

winslo!! to me he is a terrence williams with his mind right.

This guy slashing ability is crazy, plus hes a good shooter and defender.

PG.clarkson
SG.kobe
SF.winslow
PF.randle
C.hibbert
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject:

Hezonja could be good in the pros. I just think when you factor in offense, defense, and rebounding he isn't as complete of a player as Winslow.

We kept our wins low all year so we'd have a shot at Winslow.
Sharpshooters with quick releases aren't as rare as people think. So sorry Hezonja. I'd pass.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
Winslow for me. He has talent, size, defense, skillset, high basketball IQ for his age and great attitude to be all star in this league his ceiling is Kwahi Lenonard. I think at worst he will be good player solid 3rd or 2nd option.

I don't see him as a 2nd option scorer type. But the good thing about him is that it doesn't matter. He'll still put up 17 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks kind of numbers without demanding shots.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:

I don't see him as a 2nd option scorer type. But the good thing about him is that it doesn't matter. He'll still put up 17 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks kind of numbers without demanding shots.

Although I see him being the best player out of the draft I agree about the 2nd scorer but with one caveat. He is not afraid of the big moments at all. He will take the shots in the 4th if he has them and that's what I love about him and Russell out of this draft. Neither player will shrink in the moment.
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

Winslow to me is a smaller version of kawai in terms of physical skills and motor. His upside is to be that kind of guy with more guard skills and less of type skills. I mean Kasai as an archetype, not specifically that I think he will get to that level. But he can handle, pass, shoot from squared up spots, attack off the dribble on a late or lazy rotation, and defend. And motor motor motor.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:

Defensively I think Winslow can be a bigger Tony Allen. He's got quick feet + long enough arms to be the best SG defender in the league. against SFs he'd be undesized in a similar fashion that Tony Allen is undersized vs SGs , and he makes it work. ( Otto Porter is locking down Demar Derozen becuase of his near 7'2 wingspan , Winslow's wingspan is 6'10 ). Kawhi is the DPOY becuase of his 7'3 wingspan
I wouldn't be surprised if Winslows a lockdown defender vs SFs too tho. Motor, quick feet and instincts off the charts.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Defensively I think Winslow can be a bigger Tony Allen. He's got quick feet + long enough arms to be the best SG defender in the league. against SFs he'd be undesized in a similar fashion that Tony Allen is undersized vs SGs , and he makes it work. ( Otto Porter is locking down Demar Derozen becuase of his near 7'2 wingspan , Winslow's wingspan is 6'10 ). Kawhi is the DPOY becuase of his 7'3 wingspan
I wouldn't be surprised if Winslows a lockdown defender vs SFs too tho. Motor, quick feet and instincts off the charts.

It's so funny you say Tony Allen; I was watching the Memphis game the other day, and I tell you the way Memphis used Allen was so similar to the way Duke used Winslow in that championship game against Wisconsin.

They used him as a free safety per se; Winslow was helping trap, defending in one on one situations, take charges, deflecting passes, and it reminded me of Tony Allen. Offensively, Allen has no jump shot, though; I think Winslow has more upside in that regard and could at least be adequate in all areas on the offensive side of the floor.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

I like everything about Winslow, no question I would take him.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Tony Allen might be the most underrated player in the NBA. Guys like that (that take getting scored upon personally) are so rare in the league, it is that area of the game the Lakers need to improve on.

Kawhi Leonard's ability to consistently defend multiple positions without fouling while being physcially strong and skilled enough to rebound and finish at the rim is two way, winning basketball.

To me, it is Winslow who clearly has the chance to bring those same type of skills and attitude to the NBA. He is a smart, winning player who won't hurt his team, it is just a question of what team he goes to and if the fit it right....but I think he has a chance to be a very good NBA player.

Last edited by LakerLanny on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

Leonard has bigger hands and wingspan but Winslow is stronger and faster.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

I hope kahwai is on our next Olympic team. Could be the most important defender with the Brow.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject:

Damn, I love Winslow, but if Henzoja could have a fantastic workout, go through interviews well, and he checks out mentally, I would have him as the first wing off my draft list...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

It's so funny you say Tony Allen; I was watching the Memphis game the other day, and I tell you the way Memphis used Allen was so similar to the way Duke used Winslow in that championship game against Wisconsin.

They used him as a free safety per se; Winslow was helping trap, defending in one on one situations, take charges, deflecting passes, and it reminded me of Tony Allen. Offensively, Allen has no jump shot, though; I think Winslow has more upside in that regard and could at least be adequate in all areas on the offensive side of the floor.

Ha yea we're on the same page. Winslows recklessness and motor is what reminds me of Tony. But the Free Saftey element is something so valuable and special too, Kobe was the best Free Saftey defender of his generation when he was young. Special.
Offensively Winslow actually has a lot of upside. But it's just as likely that hes a 15ppg guy, that's his floor - motor, quickness, some ball handling ability, and his euro step will get him there alone. It's hard to assume what a 19year old kid who's shown offesnive talent will be , don't wana put a cap on him.
He's got physical tools to be a mismatch at either position.

Oh, he'll probly lock down PGs too. Not ruling that out since we've seen Klay Thompson do it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: