Which top SF prospect would you draft??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you were drafting at the 5 spot and were deciding on a small forward which would you choose??
Mario Herzonja
18%
 18%  [ 17 ]
Justise Winslow
72%
 72%  [ 67 ]
Krispy Porkzingas
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Stanley Johnson
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 92

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

Tony Allen was never the shooter Winslow is.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Dude I only compared him to Tony defensively.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Exactly. Offensively, like I said, Winslow has more upside in that regard and has shown flashes that he could be adequate on offense in ALL areas.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Exactly. Offensively, like I said, Winslow has more upside in that regard and has shown flashes that he could be adequate on offense in ALL areas.

Yup. Good chance that he could improve from adequate to above average or great in some of those categories. Why not? He's 19
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Yup. Good chance that he could improve from adequate to above average or great in some of those categories. Why not? He's 19

On another note, I read a post awhile back, that you had posted about Oubre? It seemed pretty high on him. I like Oubre a lot. Probably a lot more than everybody else...I think he has the tools to be a very good NBA player.

It's one of those things to me where I think his skill set is more tailored to the NBA than in college. I think whatever team drafts him, develops him, has a good piece moving forward. If that wasn't you, disregard this post. LOL!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

On another note, I read a post awhile back, that you had posted about Oubre? It seemed pretty high on him. I like Oubre a lot. Probably a lot more than everybody else...I think he has the tools to be a very good NBA player.

It's one of those things to me where I think his skill set is more tailored to the NBA than in college. I think whatever team drafts him, develops him, has a good piece moving forward. If that wasn't you, disregard this post. LOL!

Ya that was me! He uses his 7'2 wingspan as impressively as it gets on defense. He has a skill for tracing the ball, great instincts staying in front of his man too. his defense may be the most underrated skill in this draft..
Offensively he's got a pure stroke, quick release. I can see him being Ariza easily. More potential offensively than just being a catch n shoot guy too
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Ya that was me! He uses his 7'2 wingspan as impressively as it gets on defense. He has a skill for tracing the ball, great instincts staying in front of his man too. his defense may be the most underrated skill in this draft..
Offensively he's got a pure stroke, quick release. I can see him being Ariza easily. More potential offensively than just being a catch n shoot guy too
I agree. A wing span like that is just something that you can't teach. Look how good Leonard has been because of it, it helped him become defensive player of the year at age 23! He looked like Michael Jordan last night against the Clippers. The thing about Oubre though is that he is already a better offensive player then Leonard at this stage, particularly three point shooting. Leonards huge hands are helpful too, we will have go see what the draft measurements are on these guys.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

You gotta go Winslow or go get Justin Anderson or Rondae Hollis Jefferson with 27 but we must address that position because in FA the only guys worth going after are max RFA. I do not want Wes back
davidlakerman
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject:

Winslow will never be a star, or even a elite defender. Sorry but to me, it's Stanley Johnson. The dude is a 18 year old Mature thinking Monster. His Body at 18 makes Lebron at 25 look like Manute Bol's. He is a winner as well. I really think teams who are dismissing Johnson are missing the boat. If he fall anywhere near the 8th or 9th spot...some team is gonna get a HUGE Steal.
lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

J. Winslow will be Wesley Johnson 2.0. Ya'll heard it here first.

I revised my Top 5

1. Towns
2. Okafor
3. Russell
4. Hezonja
5. Mudiay
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

How is Winslow like Wesley Johnson? His ball-handling is already infinitely better. He is already an elite defender. His shot is better. That comparison is laughable.
davidlakerman
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
How is Winslow like Wesley Johnson? His ball-handling is already infinitely better. He is already an elite defender. His shot is better. That comparison is laughable.

I agree sir. I mean I may favor Stanley Johnson over Winslow. But Winslow is NOTHING like Wes Johnson. First of all like you said, Wes was a lanky Athlete, but was barely 205lbs, and that was at a aged 23 years old when he was drafted. Winslow is 18/19, and 229lbs. He is more like Kawhi Leonard then Wes Johnson, only more athletic then Kawhi is. But not as Long as Kawhi was. But Wes Johnson ???...Please!!
lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Wesley was highly regarded in college for all the attributes you mentioned above about Winlsow and was considered one of the best wings in that draft. To me Winslow is a tweener.
davidlakerman
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject:

lakerglory wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Wesley was highly regarded in college for all the attributes you mentioned above about Winlsow and was considered one of the best wings in that draft. To me Winslow is a tweener.

No sir, at 6ft, 7 and 205lbs dripping wet, and at 23 years of age when he was drafted...Wes Johnson was a tweener. At just turned 19, and at 230lbs and MORE Athletic and Explosive then a 205lb Johnson is...Winslow is anything BUT a Tweener.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject:

lakerglory wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

No he wasn't. Players like Johnson get drafted because they are athletic and haven't been exposed yet. He never had the IQ that Winslow has already shown. He was the leader of that championship team and has shown a high IQ on both the offensive and defensive end. Wesley Johnson never had any of the skills that Winslow has shown.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

davidlakerman wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I agree sir. I mean I may favor Stanley Johnson over Winslow. But Winslow is NOTHING like Wes Johnson. First of all like you said, Wes was a lanky Athlete, but was barely 205lbs, and that was at a aged 23 years old when he was drafted. Winslow is 18/19, and 229lbs. He is more like Kawhi Leonard then Wes Johnson, only more athletic then Kawhi is. But not as Long as Kawhi was. But Wes Johnson ???...Please!!

I'm not a big fan of Stanley Johnson but he won't be a bust either like Wes Johnson. At they very least he is a great defender with a jumpshot.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Wes Johnson was a bust because he doesn't make the right plays/decisions, not because he was a "tweener".
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Winslow at 4th, Super Mario at 5th.

Roon wrote:
Wes Johnson was a bust because he doesn't make the right plays/decisions, not because he was a "tweener".

Wesley Johnson is a bust because he was drafted as a 'franchise player' and not as a '3 and D role player' as he should have been.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Mitch does fel lefties have an advantage.
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Winslow without a doubt!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

davidlakerman wrote:
Winslow will never be a star, or even a elite defender. Sorry but to me, it's Stanley Johnson. The dude is a 18 year old Mature thinking Monster. His Body at 18 makes Lebron at 25 look like Manute Bol's. He is a winner as well. I really think teams who are dismissing Johnson are missing the boat. If he fall anywhere near the 8th or 9th spot...some team is gonna get a HUGE Steal.

A good body doesn't mean success (see kwame brown).

To be a star wing, you need to be at least offensively competent. Of the 3 sf, johnson is the worst shooter, ball handler, shot creator, finisher and least athletic. His offensive game doesn't look as smooth in comparison as well.

He can work on shooting, but the ball handling and finishing really limit his potential. I can see a tony-allen like career, which isn't bad but a role player/starter at best.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject:

what is winslow and mario wingspan
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Rather take Russell and find a way to move up I to Hollis Jefferson range with the Houston pick. Maybe 27 + 34 is enough to move into his draft range
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

I think Winslow-Randle-Clarkson moving forward would be awesome. Sign a young SG or C like Danny Green and DeAndre Jordan.

Clarkson
Green
Winslow
Randle
Jordan

This team going forward is ideal IMO
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I agree. A wing span like that is just something that you can't teach. Look how good Leonard has been because of it, it helped him become defensive player of the year at age 23! He looked like Michael Jordan last night against the Clippers. The thing about Oubre though is that he is already a better offensive player then Leonard at this stage, particularly three point shooting. Leonards huge hands are helpful too, we will have go see what the draft measurements are on these guys.

Yup, really like his game. I didn't see much of Kawhi in college, but you could probly label Oubre as the better offesnive player at the same age, IF Oubre would have gotten more oppurtunity/touches offesnively. Right now he's viewed soley as a shooter on O. I can't say he'll grow offensively like Kawhi, who has thrived in the Spurs system, and developed a mid range game that Oubre doesn't have.
Defensively Oub was the most impressive pick pocket of the top 3 college wings in this draft. I really do think he has a good chance to be a better Ariza. He's 8th on my board

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: