Which top SF prospect would you draft??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you were drafting at the 5 spot and were deciding on a small forward which would you choose??
Mario Herzonja
18%
 18%  [ 17 ]
Justise Winslow
72%
 72%  [ 67 ]
Krispy Porkzingas
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Stanley Johnson
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 92

Lak3rz4L1f3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I picked Winslow, but am glad that we don't have to pick any particular position.

same here
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject:

davidlakerman wrote:
Winslow will never be a star, or even a elite defender. Sorry but to me, it's Stanley Johnson. The dude is a 18 year old Mature thinking Monster. His Body at 18 makes Lebron at 25 look like Manute Bol's. He is a winner as well. I really think teams who are dismissing Johnson are missing the boat. If he fall anywhere near the 8th or 9th spot...some team is gonna get a HUGE Steal.

Johnson is a winner but Winslow is not? So I guess duke didn't just win the championship or anything. No big deal
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
I think Winslow-Randle-Clarkson moving forward would be awesome. Sign a young SG or C like Danny Green and DeAndre Jordan.

Clarkson
Green
Winslow
Randle
Jordan

This team going forward is ideal IMO

We won't have enough cap space to sign both Green and Jordan, but I agree that this team going forward would be promising, and fits my ideal of accumulating enough assets to convince the big star free agents in '17 to come.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject:

If we get a top 2 pick i woud def trade randle for 3-7 pick if WCS is available.

PG.clarkson
SG.green
SF.kobe
PF.okafor
C.WCS

when kobe comes off next year we would have space for two stars
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
If we get a top 2 pick i woud def trade randle for 3-7 pick if WCS is available.

PG.clarkson
SG.green
SF.kobe
PF.okafor
C.WCS

when kobe comes off next year we would have space for two stars

I would keep Randle and pair him with either Towns or Okafor in this scenario and then thank my lucky stars that we had that kind of young frontcourt foundation for years to come!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
davidlakerman wrote:
Winslow will never be a star, or even a elite defender. Sorry but to me, it's Stanley Johnson. The dude is a 18 year old Mature thinking Monster. His Body at 18 makes Lebron at 25 look like Manute Bol's. He is a winner as well. I really think teams who are dismissing Johnson are missing the boat. If he fall anywhere near the 8th or 9th spot...some team is gonna get a HUGE Steal.

Johnson is a winner but Winslow is not? So I guess duke didn't just win the championship or anything. No big deal

He's the same guy that thinks Clarkson is a scrub.

Just smile and wave.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject:

https://vine.co/v/eWnUTjvhHgJ Hezonja coast to coast . Not bad
44-25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
evetssteve10 wrote:
davidlakerman wrote:

He's the same guy that thinks Clarkson is a scrub.

Just smile and wave.

+1
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

Johnson vs Winslow is interesting. They're both potentially elite defenders, but leave a lot to be desired on the offensive end. I'd have to give the slight edge to Johnson since I think he's going to be able to effectively defend the 2-4. The kid has such a strong lower body and quick feet.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
Johnson vs Winslow is interesting. They're both potentially elite defenders, but leave a lot to be desired on the offensive end. I'd have to give the slight edge to Johnson since I think he's going to be able to effectively defend the 2-4. The kid has such a strong lower body and quick feet.

And Winslow with his quicker feet will be able to defend 1-3.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

That's true, Winslow is certainly better suited to defend NBA level guards. I think both of these kids will be great though and have just as much potential as the guys slotted at going in the top 3.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

Winslow has shown better ball-handling than Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, and Paul George had shown early in their careers. He's not an elite ball-handler but the skillset is there.
lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject:

Can't wait for the draft combine and private workouts. That's where we'll get a clear picture of who we're most likely to draft. The biggest holes to fill are C and SF.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

If he dribbles that high in traffic in the NBA he'll get stripped quicker than you can say "TSA".
andrewc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

If he dribbles that high in traffic in the NBA he'll get stripped quicker than you can say "TSA".

also believe he just traveled right there...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Purp 32 wrote:

That's true, Winslow is certainly better suited to defend NBA level guards. I think both of these kids will be great though and have just as much potential as the guys slotted at going in the top 3.

I think Johnson has far more bust potential. I think that Winslow simply has a knack for knowing how to put the ball in the basket at a young age, so I have far less doubt about him on the offensive end.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Winslow has shown better ball-handling than Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, and Paul George had shown early in their careers. He's not an elite ball-handler but the skillset is there.

Exactly. Not only is Winslow an elite defender in college with a high motor but he was a consistent 3pt threat with good ball handling. I see Winslow becoming a left handed Jimmy Butler.
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

I like Stanley, still think his game will translate the best out of all the SFs in the draft. He plays with a controlled pace. He's not frantic. His jumper is there and it's improving. The one major flaw I see in Stanley are his small hands; which results in him struggling at the rim. That's one of the knocks I had on Randle before the Lakers drafted him. I'm not saying small hands renders someone useless, but it does make it harder to get accustomed to the size and length of the NBA.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject:

Hezonja is by far most talented. Most people just haven't seen enough of him.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

repandpresent wrote:
I like Stanley, still think his game will translate the best out of all the SFs in the draft. He plays with a controlled pace. He's not frantic. His jumper is there and it's improving. The one major flaw I see in Stanley are his small hands; which results in him struggling at the rim. That's one of the knocks I had on Randle before the Lakers drafted him. I'm not saying small hands renders someone useless, but it does make it harder to get accustomed to the size and length of the NBA.

Randle scored exceptionally well in the painted area in terms of FG%, especially at the rim.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject:

I was sold on Winslow midway through the season. When Okafor went out and missed a game or two, Winslow put the team on his back and carried them to wins. It reminded me so much of Randle at Kentucky when WCS went down with injury. That is the attitude I want to see on a rebuilt Laker team.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Winslow has become my favorite guy in the draft. I take Russell or towns ahead of him based on star player ceiling, but I just feel Winslow is going to be one of those guys contenders have or covet.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Hizonja. This would be a ballsy Jerry West type draft pick. He is a crazy athletic version of Kyle Korner that scores in more of a variety of ways.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Hizonja. This would be a ballsy Jerry West type draft pick. He is a crazy athletic version of Kyle Korner that scores in more of a variety of ways.

Sorry, I have plenty of typos in my posts, but this really made me laugh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject:

Another SF I'd like to draft is Justin Anderson. There's a possibility he'll be there with the #27
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: