Would you trade the 4th pick for Chris Paul?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade the 4th pick for Chris Paul?
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 18 ]
No
58%
 58%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 43

OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Chris Paul was never the answer. We are lucky the league didn't allow the Paul trade.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Look up clutch playoff performers and you don't see Paul's name anywhere.

I disagree. He played great against Stephen Curry in game 7. He scored 34 points against the Spurs today in a must win game. He beat Memphis with a game winning shot in game 2 in 2013. He led his team to victory in game 7 at Memphis in a game nobody thought the Clippers would win. Put a Kobe next to him and he would have more clutch moments.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Chris Paul was never the answer. We are lucky the league didn't allow the Paul trade.

With Paul as a Laker, Howard would have been more likely to stay. That's more appealing than playing with a washed up Nash.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Would you trade the 4th pick for Chris Paul?

12 wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Assuming the clippers lose to Spurs and Lakers keep the pick at #4 would you trade it to the clips to get Paul and pair him with Kobe for a year or two? I would!

No offense, but if LG had a blocking mechanism where you could no longer be bothered by posts from particular posters (and I wish they had this), I would block you for wasting my time with this

You're cold as ice.

That was some Kobe type cold bloodedness

Nah, Kobe could talk the talk AND walk the walk. AV can just sit in his lonely empty room and type
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject:

After all this time people still don't understand how good Chris Paul is.
uncompromising
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Look up clutch playoff performers and you don't see Paul's name anywhere.

I disagree. He played great against Stephen Curry in game 7. He scored 34 points against the Spurs today in a must win game. He beat Memphis with a game winning shot in game 2 in 2013. He led his team to victory in game 7 at Memphis in a game nobody thought the Clippers would win. Put a Kobe next to him and he would have more clutch moments.

How on God's green earth do you figure Chris Paul would have more clutch moments with Kobe next to him? For one, in every single clutch situation, Kobe has the ball in his hands, which depletes CP3's "clutch" moments.

2ndly, Kobe will be 37 next year. Not sure how you think just those two and the rest of our current roster, and even a free agent is going to suddenly be some type of contender or over achiever. Clippers have won playoff series before and CP3 has absolutely shined. He's played in the west his entire career and his teammates haven't been as good as the Lakers/Heat/Spurs/Mavs that have won titles since he came into the league, plain and simple.

As for this narrative that he isn't "clutch"... There's data that shows him to be a better clutch player than Kobe, who you cite as someone who is going to magically ingrain this clutchness into him. What is CP3 going to do, learn by watching him jack up horrible shots all game for a season or 2? Is that going to suddenly give CP3 the "killer instinct" that Kobe has? I guess I don't want them playing alongside each other, I've had enough of that on the Lakers for one lifetime. This narritive, and the one that says he isn't a great player is awful.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject:

uncompromising wrote:

How on God's green earth do you figure Chris Paul would have more clutch moments with Kobe next to him? For one, in every single clutch situation, Kobe has the ball in his hands, which depletes CP3's "clutch" moments.

That is not true. Haven't you ever heard of Derek Fisher and Robert Horry? Those guys had MORE clutch moments because they played with Kobe, not less. Even Ron Artest, who only won 1 championship with Kobe, looked clutch when he played with Bryant.

Quote:
2ndly, Kobe will be 37 next year. Not sure how you think just those two and the rest of our current roster, and even a free agent is going to suddenly be some type of contender or over achiever. Clippers have won playoff series before and CP3 has absolutely shined. He's played in the west his entire career and his teammates haven't been as good as the Lakers/Heat/Spurs/Mavs that have won titles since he came into the league, plain and simple.

I was thinking of a younger Kobe when I made my comments. Paul was traded to the Lakers in 2012, and not in 2015.

Quote:
As for this narrative that he isn't "clutch"... There's data that shows him to be a better clutch player than Kobe, who you cite as someone who is going to magically ingrain this clutchness into him.

I said no such thing. I've always thought Paul was clutch. I just think Paul would have won more playoff games with Kobe, which means he would have played in more playoff games. As a result, he would have had more opportunities to showcase his skills in big games. Look at how much of a difference playing with Kobe made for Gasol. He went from a guy who was 0-12 in the playoffs to a 2 time champion. Or look at Tony Parker, who I think never wins a Finals MVP without help from Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Greg Popovich.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Paul with another mental meltdown/tantrum costing the Clips the game. He isn't a leader and we are lucky we didn't get him.
lilmomo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject:

Chris Paul with Blake Griffin and a talented Clippers team haven't made it out of the 2nd round since he's gotten there and looks like they are about to go out the 1st round against the Spurs. Now that's not all Paul's fault, but I don't see the logic in pairing a soon to be 30 year old Chris Paul with a 37 old Kobe and some rookies; unless we have some guarantee that that will somehow attract a Kevin Durant or Anthony Davis, giving up the pick for CP3 (even if the Clippers would agree to it) won't take the Lakers anywhere but to first round exits. Then you have an aging CP3, a retired Kobe, Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson and some late round draft pick, which puts us back in the same boat we are in now.

No, if he was the key to putting us ahead like before when we tried to get him, then yea go for it, but as of now, I think that ship has sailed.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject:

I would, because I'm a fan of the team and I'm not the GM. I would trade for him in a second, largely because his presence would lead me to consider watching the team play live again and immediately too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: