would you trade #1 pick for gobert?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

1# overall for gobert?
yea
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
no
90%
 90%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 30

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Middleton at $11m is a no brainer, but I'm not ready yet to call him "elite." But certainly I think there will be a robust market and the Bucks will likely have to match a deal close to near max for him.

not elite as in Westbrook/Anthony Davis elite. But elite for a 3&D role player? He certainly is

His competition is guys like Batum, Danny Green, Demarre Carroll, etc. I'd take him over all of them

Sure. I just don't like using terms like "elite" unless we're talking about the Kobes, Lebrons, Jordans, etc. of the world.

I think he's a top 15% 3 and D guy who is improving.

Since he's a RFA, a team will throw a near max or max offer to see what the Bucks do. In any case, Middleton is getting paid.

semantics

and yup it will take $15.5m to have a chance to get him. Which I'd try if we draft a C or miss out on deandre

Semantics? Come on now. Elite means the cream of the crop. He's not there yet.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Middleton at $11m is a no brainer, but I'm not ready yet to call him "elite." But certainly I think there will be a robust market and the Bucks will likely have to match a deal close to near max for him.

not elite as in Westbrook/Anthony Davis elite. But elite for a 3&D role player? He certainly is

His competition is guys like Batum, Danny Green, Demarre Carroll, etc. I'd take him over all of them

Sure. I just don't like using terms like "elite" unless we're talking about the Kobes, Lebrons, Jordans, etc. of the world.

I think he's a top 15% 3 and D guy who is improving.

Since he's a RFA, a team will throw a near max or max offer to see what the Bucks do. In any case, Middleton is getting paid.

semantics

and yup it will take $15.5m to have a chance to get him. Which I'd try if we draft a C or miss out on deandre

Semantics? Come on now. Elite means the cream of the crop. He's not there yet.

So if call someone an elite rebounder that means they're an elite player?

I called him an elite 3&D guy. He is. That doesn't mean he is an elite player overall.

*sigh* yinomes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Eh, I think the term "elite" gets watered down. Not sure I call him an "elite" 3 and D just yet. Playoffs showed he isn't "elite" yet. He may get there but it does him a disservice to label him "elite."
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:

sure
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject:

it's perfectly fine for a player to be elite in one facet of the game and not elite in others. That's all. There's no disservice being done lol
:Worthy Mamba Magic:
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Absolutely not. How about drafting the guys that are coming out of College and passing on Rudy. I dont doubt his skill but nope. I also find it amazing that all these 2nd and 3rd tier players are getting looked at as Max guys and big money free agents. I like Middleton but the price needs to be right.

Illiterate's could read the literature in my scriptures...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: