Rockets fire social media guy for emoji horse joke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Just another case of modern day overreaction and eOutrage.

Bad joke, sure, but nothing more.

But a bad joke can be unsportsmanlike. I feel people thought it was classless coming from the franchise directly. A fan can do this, but not the team. And it embarrassed the franchise after an extremely rare playoff series win.

Sure, and sometimes a bad joke is just ... a bad joke and nothing more than that.

I certainly don't think he deserved to lose his job over it.

Probably not. Unless there were other things going on behind the scenes or he had been disciplined in the past. If not, then he should just have tweeted his apology and faced a reprimand.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject:

Here's another one that people are framing as domestic violence. It's actually a spoof of a healthcare ad.

http://deadspin.com/the-cavaliers-should-have-thought-a-little-harder-about-1702794897
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Just another case of modern day overreaction and eOutrage.

Bad joke, sure, but nothing more.

But a bad joke can be unsportsmanlike. I feel people thought it was classless coming from the franchise directly. A fan can do this, but not the team. And it embarrassed the franchise after an extremely rare playoff series win.

Sure, and sometimes a bad joke is just ... a bad joke and nothing more than that.

I certainly don't think he deserved to lose his job over it.

Probably not. Unless there were other things going on behind the scenes or he had been disciplined in the past. If not, then he should just have tweeted his apology and faced a reprimand.

Perhaps. I think, however, if an individual has paid even one iota of attention, they would see a world of "eOutrage" and "modern day overreaction." I would further expect that someone in an employment position responsible for the Franchises' social network presence be even more aware of that. And even though two posters here have not heard the sexual assault connotation of the phrase, others have; considering the age of the employee, I would be truly shocked if he was not even a little conscious of that.

And then to still make the tweet? I'd fire him just for being an idiot. If he had made it on his private handle, the Rockets found out, and he got fired, I would be more sympathetic. But to make it on the official Rockets handle...sorry, but I don't think a company should keep idiots in certain positions. Besides, what a fungible position: all you need is someone who can summon 140 character thoughts.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Here's another one that people are framing as domestic violence. It's actually a spoof of a healthcare ad.

http://deadspin.com/the-cavaliers-should-have-thought-a-little-harder-about-1702794897

The only thing offensive there is show freaking horrible that video was. Everyone in the Cavs promo department should be fired and banned from every making a video again.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

The only thing offensive there is show freaking horrible that video was. Everyone in the Cavs promo department should be fired and banned from every making a video again.

I thought the acting was next-level stuff.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I'm no expert on what rapists say to their victims, but I'm pretty sure that "it'll all be over soon" when placed next to a horse with a gun next to his head means that the Mavs were about to be put down, not sexually assaulted.

That was some cold-blooded (bleep) right there!

I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't gotten around to The Wire yet, despite the fact that pretty much every person whose opinion I respect loved it.

No matter what people tell you, no matter how many clips you see, no matter how great it is hailed, you simply won't believe how great it actually was. It's like going to Manhattan for the first time when you thought you grew up in a great city because you grew up in LA.

Indeed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: