Inside the NBA's Ernie Johnson gives his Emmy to Stuart Scott's family

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Inside the NBA's Ernie Johnson gives his Emmy to Stuart Scott's family

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/inside-the-nbas-ernie-johnson-gives-his-emmy-to-stuart-scotts-family/

Quote:
Inside the NBA’s Ernie Johnson gives his Emmy to Stuart Scott’s family

Ernie Johnson is the best.

The best host of a sports show on television. You try to keep the conversation flowing with Charles Barkley around. That’s why he won a Sports Emmy on Wednesday night, as the host of a must-watch NBA show.

He’s also one of the best human beings you’ll ever meet — a cancer survivor who has adopted four children with his wife.

That’s why he gave his Emmy to the family of Stuart Scott, the ESPN anchor who died of cancer this year. It was vintage Johnson, classy and handled in the perfect way.

This ended up stealing the show.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Pure Class!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

I actually enjoy Ernie's contributions on that NBA show, it is tough to keep things on track with screwballs like Shaq and Barkley around. Nice classy move by a classy person.
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

Respect to Ernie!
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject:

to Ernie.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Class Act. Hosts the best basketball show on TV. They just get it.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Ernie is pure class.

I remember the nights when it looked like he had a graipfruit attached to his neck while going through treatment. Not only is he by all accounts I've ever read a gentleman's gentleman, he's tough as hell. I recall reading an article wherein they described that they basically had to drag him off the set while he was undergoing treatment. I don't know him, obviously, but the League, and anyone that cares about it, and I do not believe this to be hyperbole, will acutely miss him when he isn't around anymore. I've never read anyone (and I'm not talking about idiots at Spurstalk or other similar abysses of horribleness) ever speak an ill word about him.

Often, it's the little things that matter, and EJ is a big little thing. When he's done, I'll miss him as much as I'll miss Hubie Brown stating words to the effect that "that was a great timeout to call right there." That never gets old to me.

Perhaps I'm simply being selfish, and I'm sure that there will be others that eventually semi-fill their shoes, but the game just won't be the same when they're (as well as a few others) depart.

They're both just another reason to love what is simply a kids' game, which I admittedly, and irrationally, love.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: