Despite Success Clippers Continue to Play Second Fiddle to Lakers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Despite Success Clippers Continue to Play Second Fiddle to Lakers

http://www.forbes.com/sites/howardcole/2015/04/17/despite-success-clippers-continue-to-play-second-fiddle-to-lakers/

saw this on Forbes.... didn't see it here
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

yes.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject:

LA is a LAkers town, always
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

the KKKlippers have to win a plethora of championships before they can be relevant in LA
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Who cares?

They're playing right now and we aren't.

I swear this fan base is obsessed with the Clippers.

There seems to be a thread everyday about how they're still second fiddle.

Yeah LA is a Lakers town, but what does that matter? Right now we're one of the worst teams in the NBA and they just took down the defending champs.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject:

They are relentless
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

Yeah LA is a Lakers town, but what does that matter? Right now we're one of the worst teams in the NBA and they just took down the defending champs.

Them being 2nd fiddle in LA will always matter, in fact it's the reason you will always see it on a "laker" forum; whether they are in the playoffs or not - whether they are the better team or not.

If you personally don't care, don't respond to it, but you are always gonna see it on a laker forum. I personally hate the fact the clippers are in LA, but that's some thing I have to deal with until, perhaps a moving deal is made. The clippers being 2nd fiddle threads is some thing you're gonna have to deal with on a laker forum, until, perhaps a moving deal is made.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

Them being 2nd fiddle in LA will always matter, in fact it's the reason you will always see it on a "laker" forum; whether they are in the playoffs or not - whether they are the better team or not.

If you personally don't care, don't respond to it, but you are always gonna see it on a laker forum. I personally hate the fact the clippers are in LA, but that's some thing I have to deal with until, perhaps a moving deal is made. The clippers being 2nd fiddle threads is some thing you're gonna have to deal with on a laker forum, until, perhaps a moving deal is made.

I don't see either team moving. They are both doing very well here $ wise.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject:

They need to leave staples center.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

Actually that's not true. When the Clippers sucked and the Lakers were winning I rarely saw threads about the Clippers. It was only when Paul was traded and they started making the playoffs, and when the Lakers stopped winning titles that I saw the constant complaining about them.

People didn't seem to mind nearly as much about the Clippers being 2nd fiddle when they were losing and the Lakers were winning.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

It's really sad how most of our fanbase feel threatened by these Clippers. I have never seen this type of behaviour, it really doesn't reflect well on the rest of us.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

Actually that's not true. When the Clippers sucked and the Lakers were winning I rarely saw threads about the Clippers. It was only when Paul was traded and they started making the playoffs, and when the Lakers stopped winning titles that I saw the constant complaining about them.

People didn't seem to mind nearly as much about the Clippers being 2nd fiddle when they were losing and the Lakers were winning.

They were 2nd fiddle in that instance, in LA and the nba, which there were no reason for different sites and blogspots to report about them; for laker forums to copy and paste. Though there were discussion about them. You saw them once in a while, That's my point. If different sites and blogspots were to post about them more frequently as now, you would have seen those threads more; but fact of the matter, on a laker forum, you are always gonna see ridiculing clippers threads because they are insultingly connected with the Lakers being they are in the same city, play in the same arena, and as you brought up, the Chris Paul situation.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

It's really sad how most of our fanbase feel threatened by these Clippers. I have never seen this type of behaviour, it really doesn't reflect well on the rest of us.

Speaking with a lot of lakers fanbase, none of them are threatened by the clippers. Same thing I feel about fans on this site. A lot of the fans just genuinely hate seeing the clippers in LA.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

Speaking with a lot of lakers fanbase, none of them are threatened by the clippers. Same thing I feel about fans on this site. A lot of the fans just genuinely hate seeing the clippers in LA.

That doesn't make sense. I have never personally met a Laker fan who says "you know what, I hate that the Clippers are in LA" except for a few people on this board. Nobody cares. Hell, they have been in LA longer than some posters here have been alive.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

That's obviously bullcrap. No one cared they were here when we were winning. Was there even a single thread about them? Now that they are winning and we stink, most of this fanbase bashes them and mock them every time they get. If that isn't feeling envious or threatened then I don't know what is. Oh and because people tell you they don't feel threatened it doesn't mean they're telling the truth.
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

I'm an oldie on this forum... Ancient by forum standards.. and I can say this fanbase honestly could care less about the Clippers. For the majority of their existence they weren't even acknowledged.
Branthrax
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Two years of history doesn't erase 50.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject:

is it me or does steve ballmer annoy the crap out of you. jumping around staples like he won game 7 of the NBA finals...

covering up laker banners
tying clipper balloons on laker statues
printing "we are LA" shirts to try to solidify there presence
using our locker room as an owners lounge....

the clippers didn't build a team they were gifted a team... they didn't start from scratch they won the lottery with what they have on the floor. a part of me feels that they just don't deserve to win.
mttbk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject:

I heard the Clippers already hung their "1st round victory" banner.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
is it me or does steve ballmer annoy the crap out of you. jumping around staples like he won game 7 of the NBA finals...

covering up laker banners
tying clipper balloons on laker statues
printing "we are LA" shirts to try to solidify there presence
using our locker room as an owners lounge....

the clippers didn't build a team they were gifted a team... they didn't start from scratch they won the lottery with what they have on the floor. a part of me feels that they just don't deserve to win.

this is my biggest issue with this currently clipper team. I disliked the other clipper teams b/c i didn't like the idea of another nba team in LA. They are nothing compared to the Lakers but that doesn't mean i have have to be okay with them being here.

This particular team is hated to deeply for the reasons i quoted. Not to mention they have doc rivers as their coach and they just have this nasty boston celtic feel to them. I don't respect any aspect of how that team was put together and i wish they lose.

Any by the way, it was easy to ignore them when they sucked, but now they are talkin' like they are "LA's team" and that doesn't sit well with me.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

That doesn't make sense. I have never personally met a Laker fan who says "you know what, I hate that the Clippers are in LA" except for a few people on this board. Nobody cares. Hell, they have been in LA longer than some posters here have been alive.

it's a fact, don't know how it doesn't make sense to you? don't know how the notion of laker fans hating the fact that the clippers are in la is so far fetched for you. I have heard it speaking with a lot of laker fans in southern cal. in fact you will hear fans on espnla, on forums, and in real life say the same thing.

I don't get your last point: if a younger person says it, mostlikely that's because they are influenced by someone older saying it.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

That's obviously bullcrap. No one cared they were here when we were winning. Was there even a single thread about them? Now that they are winning and we stink, most of this fanbase bashes them and mock them every time they get. If that isn't feeling envious or threatened then I don't know what is. Oh and because people tell you they don't feel threatened it doesn't mean they're telling the truth.

people still cared they were in LA when we were winning, people just paid less attention to the noise because we were winning.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I notice that the good teams get talked about more on this forum. I see a lot more threads about the Spurs and the Lebron team for example then I ever see about a team like Sacramento or Minnesota. It makes the Clippers look more relevant when I see so many threads about them.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

They were 2nd fiddle in that instance, in LA and the nba, which there were no reason for different sites and blogspots to report about them; for laker forums to copy and paste. Though there were discussion about them. You saw them once in a while, That's my point. If different sites and blogspots were to post about them more frequently as now, you would have seen those threads more; but fact of the matter, on a laker forum, you are always gonna see ridiculing clippers threads because they are insultingly connected with the Lakers being they are in the same city, play in the same arena, and as you brought up, the Chris Paul situation.

I don't agree with your point. The Clippers were so irrelevant before 2011 that I wasn't seeing discussions about them. People were too interested in the real LA team to care. Now our team sucks, the Clippers are good and the constant hate makes Laker fans look jealous IMO.

The Chris Paul thing was ridiculous obviously, but I don't blame him or the Clippers for that.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Who cares?

Most people don't like the current Clippers because we feel they are the result of the NBA's talent redistribution system at the expense of the Lakers. They screwed over the Lakers future and in the process aided the Clippers by gifting them CP3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: