Matt Barnes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Matt Barnes

Reliving the outrage of the Lakers letting Matt Barnes walk rather than pay him 1 million dollars.

Dude is flat out tenacious on defense and has ice in his veins, shooting clutch 3's in the playoffs. 20 points tonight in the second round.

Championships are built in the front office and failing to keep Barnes for 1 Mil is just another sign of the ineptitude of the Lakers front office.

The sooner we get real front office, the sooner we will have a team again.

Sincerely,

Ebanks, Caracter, Guidelock, Morris and a bunch of other D-league Lakers.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Horrible thread. Barnes sucked so much for us. All of the sudden he has a couple of good games and you're really gonna be blaming the FO? Ridiculous. Lock this one up.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Horrible thread. Barnes sucked so much for us. All of the sudden he has a couple of good games and you're really gonna be blaming the FO? Ridiculous. Lock this one up.

Just ask yourself this. Matt Barnes or Wes Johnson?
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Matt.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Not really the point. To blame the FO for not signing a guy who sucked so much for us is just stupid.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

Nope. Many of us said this at the time and have repeated it since then.

Facts matter.

So do Front Offices.

The men who brought us Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, Kobe, Shaq, Horry, etc. have been replaced by people who bring us crap.

If you can't see the downfall right before your eyes, if you don't recognize the strategic errors, you should buy the Brooklyn Bridge from Jimmy Buss. Then have the short bus drive you across it.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Barnes had about 5 bad games in a row in the first round. Then he stepped up in game 7 and game 1. I think he is too inconsistent and is someone that you want coming off the bench. If he is your best SF then that's a problem.

Ariza is clearly a better player.

Barnes also had 3 missed free throws late in the 4th quarter of game 2 that kept the Clippers from going up 2-0 in the series against the Spurs.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Nope. Many of us said this at the time and have repeated it since then.

Facts matter.

So do Front Offices.

The men who brought us Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, Kobe, Shaq, Horry, etc. have been replaced by people who bring us crap.

If you can't see the downfall right before your eyes, if you don't recognize the strategic errors, you should buy the Brooklyn Bridge from Jimmy Buss. Then have the short bus drive you across it.

Sure the FO has not made great decisions lately and I'm not defending them for that. You completely made your mind up here on my agenda. I just think you faulting the FO for not signing (bleep) Matt Barnes, again (bleep) Matt Barnes, is just stupid. Do you even remember how bad he played for us? Sure now that you see him coming up big in the playoffs it's easy for you to blame them. Just a really dumb statement and thread from you.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Not really the point. To blame the FO for not signing a guy who sucked so much for us is just stupid.

Wes Johnson has sucked for us and yet we resigned him.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Pelinka client.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject:

So he has ice water in his veins and is clutch now all of a sudden? So I guess 2 games completely dismisses the rest of his 12 year career.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:04 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Wes Johnson is a young guy with upside, where Matt Barnes was a 32 year old with a bad attitude who had disappeared in the playoffs each season here and was feuding with the head coach.

2010-2011: 3.6 points (39.5% fg, 16.7% 3p, 57.1% ft), 2.8 rebounds, 0.5 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.2 blocks in 13.1 minutes
2011-2012: 3.5 points (27.1% fg, 16.1% 3p, 50% ft), 3.3 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 0.9 steals, 0.5 blocks in 16.8 minutes
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Barnes had about 5 bad games in a row in the first round. Then he stepped up in game 7 and game 1. I think he is too inconsistent and is someone that you want coming off the bench. If he is your best SF then that's a problem.

Barnes also had 3 missed free throws late in the 4th quarter of game 2 that kept the Clippers from going up 2-0 in the series against the Spurs.

I'm a big Trevor fan and wish we had kept him instead of signing Ron. However, I have to disagree with this. He's better, but I don't think it's by as much as one would think. Trevor's shooting 40/35 3pt and Barnes 44/36. Isn't Trevor making like 8 mil this season?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Wes Johnson is a young guy with upside, where Matt Barnes was a 32 year old with a bad attitude who had disappeared in the playoffs each season here and was feuding with the head coach.

2010-2011: 3.6 points (39.5% fg, 16.7% 3p, 57.1% ft), 2.8 rebounds, 0.5 assists, 0.7 steals, 0.2 blocks in 13.1 minutes
2011-2012: 3.5 points (27.1% fg, 16.1% 3p, 50% ft), 3.3 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 0.9 steals, 0.5 blocks in 16.8 minutes

You're right about Barnes, but you're wrong about Wes. He has shown 0 improvement during his 5 yr career. Even still I'd take Barnes over him.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject:

What kind of thread is this? Crying over a role player that left the team THREE years ago? Seriously?

LET IT GO!

I mean what exactly are you trying to establish with this? That the FO made...a mistake!? No kidding! This is the same FO that chose to resign Nick Young for 4 years for pretty much no reason other than bringing in TMZ money.

We get it. They have made a lot of stupid mistakes, and now...HOPEFULLY, they will correct their past mistakes with more correct decisions this offseason. Like the draft, and free agency.

The Lakers have made (or not made) much worst decisions than letting a guy with a bad attitude that sucked with us go. How he is suddenly the "trigger" to people's realizations that the FO made stupid mistakes and outraging over it is beyond me.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
What kind of thread is this? Crying over a role player that left the team THREE years ago? Seriously?

LET IT GO!

I mean what exactly are you trying to establish with this? That the FO made...a mistake!? No kidding! This is the same FO that chose to resign Nick Young for 4 years for pretty much no reason other than bringing in TMZ money.

We get it. They have made a lot of stupid mistakes, and now...HOPEFULLY, they will correct their past mistakes with more correct decisions this offseason. Like the draft, and free agency.

The Lakers have made (or not made) much worst decisions than letting a guy with a bad attitude that sucked with us go. How he is suddenly the "trigger" to people's realizations that the FO made stupid mistakes and outraging over it is beyond me.

Lol, well I didn't start the thread. Just bored and wanted to do something.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Megaton wrote:

LET IT GO!

Lol, well I didn't start the thread. Just bored and wanted to do something.

I wasn't directing my post towards just you.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
has ice in his veins, shooting clutch 3's in the playoffs

lol

You obviously don't remember how barnes played for us in the playoffs
lakerhead
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:01 am    Post subject:

iirc he didn't want to come back under mike brown.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject:

No thank you
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:56 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I'm a big Trevor fan and wish we had kept him instead of signing Ron. However, I have to disagree with this. He's better, but I don't think it's by as much as one would think. Trevor's shooting 40/35 3pt and Barnes 44/36. Isn't Trevor making like 8 mil this season?

Interesting. You're right. I looked at several stats and the difference doesn't look as great as I thought.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject:

I think the real reason why Matt didn't pan out for us is because of coaching. We had no consistency with coaches. Jim biggest failure is not talent or acquisitions it's coaching and he's to (bleep) thick to admit that
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject:

Matt Barnes is good when nearly everyone around him is better.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject:

first round all american
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Matt Barnes

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Reliving the outrage of the Lakers letting Matt Barnes walk rather than pay him 1 million dollars.

Dude is flat out tenacious on defense and has ice in his veins, shooting clutch 3's in the playoffs. 20 points tonight in the second round.

Championships are built in the front office and failing to keep Barnes for 1 Mil is just another sign of the ineptitude of the Lakers front office.

The sooner we get real front office, the sooner we will have a team again.

Sincerely,

Ebanks, Caracter, Guidelock, Morris and a bunch of other D-league Lakers.

Giving an injured old man the highest contract isn't a sign of ineptitude? When you have that, everything else basically doesn't matter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: