Matt Barnes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject:

Ridiculous thread. Barnes has been one of the worst starting SF's in the league the last two seasons.

Clips are winning because Blake Griffin is healthy and Chris Paul has been sensational.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject:

What Barnes always gives is hustle and toughness, something every team needs. Not only that he is a decent shooter, 34% from 3 and 45% from 2 for his career.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Horrible thread. Barnes sucked so much for us. All of the sudden he has a couple of good games and you're really gonna be blaming the FO? Ridiculous. Lock this one up.

Just ask yourself this. Matt Barnes or Wes Johnson?

Wes. He sucks more and has done an immeasurable amount of work for the tank. And for that I commend him
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject:

And who gives a (bleep). It's freaking Matt Barnes. Not like we didn't re-sign LeBron or something... People these days just want to pile blame on the FO for no reason
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Ridiculous thread. Barnes has been one of the worst starting SF's in the league the last two seasons.

Clips are winning because Blake Griffin is healthy and Chris Paul has been sensational.

CP3 has won nothing in his career and has been paid superstar money, Barnes on the other hand has played for chump change, yet he always gives hustle and effort and is one of the main reasons the clips have advanced. Barnes is a bargain and has had a good career playing roles that most payers won't.

Don't ya think that CP3 and Blake should be leading the way for the Clips?
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Horrible thread. Barnes sucked so much for us. All of the sudden he has a couple of good games and you're really gonna be blaming the FO? Ridiculous. Lock this one up.

Why are you defending this FO? They are the biggest idiots on the planet. Matt Barnes has always given 110% every time he got on the floor. Just because we had horrible coaches and mismatched players you're going to blame it on Matt. Come on man. Until Jim Buss either steps down and or the Lakers sell the team there will not be any rings. EVER! Most people here are living this fake dream about the lottery, and top notch free agents coming here. It's not going to happen nobody and I mean nobody is going to play for some dude who has no credibility and no idea of what he's doing. Come back in 5 years and look at this thread again and you'll see that what I'm telling you is true. The Lakers are the old Clippers and the Clippers have turned the corner to be the old Lakers. And believe me this hurts as a 45 year Laker fan because I realize what's happening and there's nothing that's going to change anything until the FO is restructured.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Why are you defending this FO? They are the biggest idiots on the planet. Matt Barnes has always given 110% every time he got on the floor. Just because we had horrible coaches and mismatched players you're going to blame it on Matt. Come on man. Until Jim Buss either steps down and or the Lakers sell the team there will not be any rings. EVER! Most people here are living this fake dream about the lottery, and top notch free agents coming here. It's not going to happen nobody and I mean nobody is going to play for some dude who has no credibility and no idea of what he's doing. Come back in 5 years and look at this thread again and you'll see that what I'm telling you is true. The Lakers are the old Clippers and the Clippers have turned the corner to be the old Lakers. And believe me this hurts as a 45 year Laker fan because I realize what's happening and there's nothing that's going to change anything until the FO is restructured.

So loyal.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
And who gives a (bleep). It's freaking Matt Barnes. Not like we didn't re-sign LeBron or something... People these days just want to pile blame on the FO for no reason

Please explain why the FO should not be blamed for the current Lakers predicament, it certainly is not Barnes.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

Please explain why the FO should not be blamed for the current Lakers predicament, it certainly is not Barnes.

I don't blame the FO (and this is coming from someone who didn't like the $24M extension from day 1).

I blame father time.
Lakerfan#37
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject:

matt is a good player, unfortunately he was injured alot when he was with us. The coaches didnt help either. He's ok now because hes been fairly healthy and has been with the team a few years now. Teams that have played together a few years develop a familiarity with each other that helps them eventually in playoff situations. I hope the fo develops our young guys instead of trading for a more established older player.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

I won't come back to this thread in 5 years. It's (bleep) Matt Barnes!

What a sloppy mess of a post. You really think I'm defending the FO for all their bad decisions? I'm just not faulting them for not signing a scrub who magically puts together two good games in the playoffs.

Please read my posts before you make the assumption that I'm defending this FO for all their mistakes.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
AY2043 wrote:

We won 2 championships, then lost in the PO's. We broke up that team, and then went out and got Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and Steve Nash within the same year. Then basketball reasons happened, Nash broke his leg, Doc Buss died, Kobe tore his Achilles, and Dwight left (mind you, all of this was done under a CBA specifically designed to stop the Lakers). Notice anything? None of those are exactly the FO's fault, unless you want to blame Jerry for not sticking around longer...

Then, we suck the next year, as expected after having all those things happen. But what comes out of it? Clarkson and Randle. Then we suck again last year (again, unreasonable to expect all the damage to be reversed). And now we have 3 nice draft picks, including one top 5 to help out the re-build.

Now, 2 short years after that (bleep) storm of terrible things, we find ourselves in pretty damn good position to re-build with (potentially) 3 blue chip prospects and a crap ton of cap space. I'd say th FO is doing just fine.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

I'll give you the coaching hires tho. The last 3 coaching hires have been flat out stupid. And most people could see it from a mile away
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject:

matt barnes is trash and plays dirty. some people like that, i guess. I don't like him and never was happy that we brought him in the first place.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject:

The funniest part about this thread is Matt Barnes didn't come back because of Mike Brown, not the FO. He has stated it himself lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
What Barnes always gives is hustle and toughness, something every team needs. Not only that he is a decent shooter, 34% from 3 and 45% from 2 for his career.

Agree

Barnes can be one of the pieces that is the difference between advancing and not advancing.

There are certain role players which are simply valuable to a team's success.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
I'll give you the coaching hires tho. The last 3 coaching hires have been flat out stupid. And most people could see it from a mile away

Brown was not smart.

MDA is a pretty coach if he has the right players. He is going to get another job so he cannot be that bad. He was the wrong coach for the players on this team at that time. The hiring of MDA was not smart.

Scott is still a work in progress. He has a great relationship with Kobe which helps the team. Unfortunately he really does not have the players.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Matt Barnes

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Reliving the outrage of the Lakers letting Matt Barnes walk rather than pay him 1 million dollars.

Dude is flat out tenacious on defense and has ice in his veins, shooting clutch 3's in the playoffs. 20 points tonight in the second round.

Championships are built in the front office and failing to keep Barnes for 1 Mil is just another sign of the ineptitude of the Lakers front office.

The sooner we get real front office, the sooner we will have a team again.

Sincerely,

Ebanks, Caracter, Guidelock, Morris and a bunch of other D-league Lakers.

Let's be honest. This isn't really about Barnes at all. It's about starting yet another tired thread to take opportunity to bash the Lakers front office.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Just ask yourself this. Matt Barnes or Wes Johnson?

Pass and pass.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

CP3 has won nothing in his career and has been paid superstar money, Barnes on the other hand has played for chump change, yet he always gives hustle and effort and is one of the main reasons the clips have advanced. Barnes is a bargain and has had a good career playing roles that most payers won't.

Blake is leading the way.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

How is he playing this well at 35?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
How is he playing this well at 35?

experience is showing.

His contribution in Game 7 against the Spurs was the difference.

Happy for him.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:

CP3 helped the Clippers in that series waaaay more than Barnes did. If Barnes didn't shoot so terribly in games 2-6 then I think it would have been a shorter series. Barnes missed 3 key free throws which cost the Clippers game 2 and a 2-0 series lead.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Matt Barnes is good when nearly everyone around him is better.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner...
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Matt Barnes is probably the (ex) Lakers player I hate the most. Couldn't stand to see him in purple & gold.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: