Poll: Who do you root for- Rockets or Clippers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you root for- Rockets or Clippers?
Rockets
37%
 37%  [ 16 ]
Clippers
62%
 62%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 43

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

I just looked at a Rockets forum and the fans there are whining that Harden isn't getting enough calls.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
I just looked at a Rockets forum and the fans there are whining that Harden isn't getting enough calls.

it's probably closer to any than enough, he's been fouled a cpl times really blatantly with no call and i think the worst was when big baby sodomized terry
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

Well that sounds familiar. Heh.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Been A laker fan for 40+ years but I am rooting for the Clippers. It is nice to have a team in LA with a smart, charismatic, and personable owner who lets the basketball people run the team. Kudos to the Clippers.

The Dodgers had a 20+ years stretch where horrible front office decisions crippled the team. At the same time the Angels thrived under good ownership and many Orange County Dodger fans switched allegiances during this time. Jim Buss better get his stuff together.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Clippers going to the WCS should be a wake up call to the front office to get their act together.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Been A laker fan for 40+ years but I am rooting for the Clippers. It is nice to have a team in LA with a smart, charismatic, and personable owner who lets the basketball people run the team. Kudos to the Clippers.

The Dodgers had a 20+ years stretch where horrible front office decisions crippled the team. At the same time the Angels thrived under good ownership and many Orange County Dodger fans switched allegiances during this time. Jim Buss better get his stuff together.

Yep, I remember before the Angels had their magical season in 2002, not many Angels fans were to be seen. Then when he had their unexpected championship run in 2002, immediately afterwards, there were people with Angels gear all over LA. Sure theres plenty of diehards, but the casual fans buy a lot of merchandise as well and probably make up a lot of the merchandise sales.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
This is like asking people during WWII, who are you rooting for, Stalin or Hitler?

It's not the same thing.

No rooting interest in either team, but rather the Clippers win and go on to lose next round; cuz Dippers.

btw Mussolini by a mile; cuz Italian food and cars.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject:

HOW THE (bleep) DO YOU GIVE JJ GOD DAM REDDICK 31 POINTS IN A PLAYOFF GAME?!?!?!?

REALLY LURCH??? couldnt make any adjustments against JJ (bleep) Reddick.

and you guys let Austin rivers play like michael cooper inm the 4th quarter. DA (bleep) THA MATTER WITH YOU. DOWN BY 10 AND YOUR TEAM GIVES UP!!! (bleep) YOU HOUSTON!

doesnt matter (bleep) ballmer (bleep) dwight go lakers warriors 2015
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:

Uh, he's been there all of five seconds. Let's see if he actually lets his basketball people run the team.

Quote:

Good riddance. When the Dodgers fix their postseason woes all those defectors will be back and they'll most likely "forget" about their time as Angel fans.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Might I remind some of you people that DOC RIVERS coaches the Clippers. If you're cool with rooting for that whiny, sniveling Celtic I guess that's your bag, baby - but WOW.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I used to despise the Clips, but with Sterling gone I am ambivalent. I will root against Howard for obvious reasons and I don't care for Harden either. Maybe it's the beard.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
I used to despise the Clips, but with Sterling gone I am ambivalent. I will root against Howard for obvious reasons and I don't care for Harden either. Maybe it's the beard.

They're halfway there. Move to San Diego or Seattle and I, too, will become ambivalent about the Clippers.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject:

This is a funny second round.

I really don't care which team wins in the Rockets-Clippers series because I don't care for the players or coaches on either team, and I can accept whoever wins in the Grizzlies-Warriors series because I like both teams (although I like the Warriors slightly more).

Ironic that both the Grizzlies and the Warriors are teams in which Jerry West has played a role.

I think in the other series, I am reduced to favoring the Clippers, because as much as I dislike Doc Rivers, I dislike McHale even more.

It's too bad McHale's nickname is Lurch. Since Rivers nickname is Doc, it would be funnier if McHale's nickname was Grumpy, or Sneezy, or Dopey.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Uh, he's been there all of five seconds. Let's see if he actually lets his basketball people run the team.

Quote:

Good riddance. When the Dodgers fix their postseason woes all those defectors will be back and they'll most likely "forget" about their time as Angel fans.

My point exactly. The casual/unknowledgeable/bandwagon fan far outnumbers the die-hard fan. They also change their allegiances easily. if Jim Buss has steered the team into an extened slump, he better understand that he will lose a percentage of the LA fan base and their dollars to the resurgent Clippers.

This is a business after all. Jerry Buss was a brilliant business man and leader and all of the team's success stemmed from that. Jim seems to be obsessed with proving he is a brilliant basketball man.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Seeing Angel fans come out of nowhere in 2002 was weird. I never thought I'd see the day when people made comments like "You're only Angels fans because they won last year."

Out of all the coaches in the league the past several years, the one who annoyed me the most was Mike D'Antoni when he was in Phoenix.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:

More like the flopping.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject:

I hate Coward.

I hate Lurch.

And I really hate Morey.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
I hate Coward.

I hate Lurch.

And I really hate Morey.

Morey and ballmer are both dumb (bleep). I want this series to be over with
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Don't care, I root for the Warriors to wipe the floor with whoever wins this series.

I second that
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Sterling is gone, definitely good. But the nba robbery of the lakers is what I'm reminded of when I see cp3 playing in a clipper uniform. Sorry on second thought i'm rooting for the rockets.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject:

I don't like either team but (bleep bleep bleep bleep) Howard and (bleep) the Beard
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Dwight Coward deserves no success. And I have nothing against the Clippers, so I'm definitely rooting for them.

Want a laugh? Check the #dwighthoward tag on Twitter.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject:

very easy
i dont "hate" the Clippers. They are like your little brother who always tries to compete with you but no matter how hard they try are never as good as you.
But I hate Dwight Coward to the fullest and we have a vested interest to see the Rockets lose for their draft pick standing
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject:

I was talking with a friend yesterday. I have said that I hate the Clippers more than any other team right now and would rather see any other team win than them.

But after talking about it, while I do still hate the Clippers, I realized why I hate them.

It's Blake Griffin (though not a big fan of CP3 either). Put Lamarcus Aldridge on that team instead of BG, and I think I could stomach their success.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Yep, I remember before the Angels had their magical season in 2002, not many Angels fans were to be seen. Then when he had their unexpected championship run in 2002, immediately afterwards, there were people with Angels gear all over LA. Sure theres plenty of diehards, but the casual fans buy a lot of merchandise as well and probably make up a lot of the merchandise sales.

it also helped that they changed team color that year, went from navy & red to an all red gear.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: