LEBRON JAMES GAME WINNER
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: LEBRON JAMES GAME WINNER

the championship celebration at the end

btw gasol didn't play... Bulls fans sick of his softness because of his sore hammy.... I say we bring him back here and sign his brother
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject:

most teams celebrate like that after game winners, regular season or playoffs.

The Bulls Game 3 was the same. So was Horry for the win. Nothing cool about going down 3-1
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject:

Great shot. Look at the space he got away from the defender, and clean look.
Not a prair off the glass.

The Bulls are always very poor offensively, no imagination, maybe some blame on Thibss.

Derrick Rose kept them alive, and bearing in mind that they lost at home with a team without Love, a neutralized Irving, and LB got injured in the 4th amidst a shooting struggle, the Bulls are a worse team.
Even Blatt was about to do a "Chris Webber" timeout epic fail, 4 times asking for timeout when they had none.
LB was fouled by Noah in the baseline drive prior to the game winner.

Kudos for the CAVS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:34 am    Post subject:

Pretty much. Between the Cavs injuries and the coach going C Webb and James and Irving shooting a combined 12-42, and between down 11 late in the third, the Bulls should be kicking their own asses.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

The refs gave LEBRON the opportunity to win the game.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject:

Hitting game winners to be 2-2 instead of down 3-1 can swing a series. Ask Robert Horry.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject:

I picked the Cavaliers and Warriors to meet in the finals. Cleveland winning in 6.

Memphis just may upset, if you want to call it one, Golden State. They may be to big for them. If GS doesn't start to hit their 3's it's going to be a short series.

Tyronn Lue saved the day for the Cavs. He may be their head coach next season.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Didn't know LeBron scrapped the play and just said give me the ball.

He's finally getting the right attitude IMO. Gaining more respect for him as a bball player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Hitting game winners to be 2-2 instead of down 3-1 can swing a series. Ask Robert Horry.

It wasnt like Cavs were down 1 as your post suggests. It was a tie game. If anything Cavs were up late and couldve taken OT.

It was an impressive shot. Best one LBJ ever hit. He usually passes those to Mo or Ray or Kyrie so glad he kept one. But it wasnt a do-or-die shot.

Last edited by 67ShelbyGT on Mon May 11, 2015 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I picked the Cavaliers and Warriors to meet in the finals. Cleveland winning in 6.

Memphis just may upset, if you want to call it one, Golden State. They may be to big for them. If GS doesn't start to hit their 3's it's going to be a short series.

Lots of questionable calls late in the game favoring Cavs the past 2 games. I'm glad Rose hit a semi-lucky shot b/c they were getting murdered by the refs on both ends.

I was hoping for a Warriors/Bulls final. Looks bleak unless Steph/Klay get hot quick, possible.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Lots of questionable calls late in the game favoring Cavs the past 2 games. I'm glad Rose hit a semi-lucky shot b/c they were getting murdered by the refs on both ends.

I was hoping for a Warriors/Bulls final. Looks bleak unless Steph/Klay get hot quick, possible.

The Bulls have been getting away with favorable call after favorable call in this series, which is not terribly surprising since this is something LeBron has had to deal with most games in his career. To be blunt, the (false) narrative that he gets favorable calls is a farce.

The offensive foul call against Noah was a joke. The offensive foul call against Dunleavy was a joke. And the non-call on the drive before the final shot was a joke. And that was just in the final 73 seconds. I understand the urge to do whatever possible to diminish the guy, but seriously ...

On the road, down 2 - 1 in the series (with 2/3 of his "Big Three" either completely unavailable or substantially hobbled) and at risk of going down 3 - 1 if the game goes to OT and the bad calls continue to go against his team, the guy hit a big shot. It's not the first time he's hit a buzzer-beating game winner in the playoffs, either. It is what it is ... a huge shot for the Cavaliers and a huge blow to the Bulls (and anyone invested in the effort to downplay LeBron's achievements and stature in the game) ...
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The Bulls have been getting away with favorable call after favorable call in this series, which is not terribly surprising since this is something LeBron has had to deal with most games in his career. To be blunt, the (false) narrative that he gets favorable calls is a farce.

The offensive foul call against Noah was a joke. The offensive foul call against Dunleavy was a joke. And the non-call on the drive before the final shot was a joke. And that was just in the final 73 seconds. I understand the urge to do whatever possible to diminish the guy, but seriously ...

On the road, down 2 - 1 in the series (with 2/3 of his "Big Three" either completely unavailable or substantially hobbled) and at risk of going down 3 - 1 if the game goes to OT and the bad calls continue to go against his team, the guy hit a big shot. It's not the first time he's hit a buzzer-beating game winner in the playoffs, either. It is what it is ... a huge shot for the Cavaliers and a huge blow to the Bulls (and anyone invested in the effort to downplay LeBron's achievements and stature in the game) ...

Wait, LeBron is the victim of ref bias now? Wow heard it all now. My life is complete. Haha, the dude has one of the lowest defensive foul rates in NBA history! Check out how many games he fouled out of. The worse part is most superstars at their ref-favor peak usually get it on one end (Wade, Harden) but LBJ gets it on both ends. I dont think even MJ got that (tho the offensive end made up for it).

In final minute of Gm 3, the blocking foul on Rose when he had his feet set and LBJ ran him over was absolute BS as both JVG and MJax elluded to, but typical LBJ call. Couple that with the FTs they gave LeBron on a phantom trip the possessions before... take your Cav/BSPN shades off.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
the association wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Wait, LeBron is the victim of ref bias now? Wow heard it all now. My life is complete. Haha, the dude has one of the lowest defensive foul rates in NBA history! Check out how many games he fouled out of. The worse part is most superstars at their ref-favor peak usually get it on one end (Wade, Harden) but LBJ gets it on both ends. I dont think even MJ got that (tho the offensive end made up for it).

In final minute of Gm 3, the blocking foul on Rose when he had his feet set and LBJ ran him over was absolute BS as both JVG and MJax elluded to, but typical LBJ call. Couple that with the FTs they gave LeBron on a phantom trip the possessions before... take your Cav/BSPN shades off.

I'm not down with living in an echo chamber ... fortunately, you can find plenty of people that will share this delusion; I'm not one of them. Diminishing LeBron in a feeble attempt to prop up others who are sitting at home isn't vital to my sanity (as it is for others) ...
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
the association wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You're living in an echo chamber ... fortunately, you can find plenty of people that will share your delusion; I'm not one of them. Diminishing LeBron in a feeble attempt to prop up others who are sitting at home isn't vital to my sanity (as it is for others) ...

Nice retort with age old "echo chamber" cop out. Are you disagreeing with the FACT that he has historically low def foul rate? Feel free to elaborate on your generalizations.

I was pointing to specific situations late in 2 games. You took that and broad-stroked his entire career of victimhood... who's living in the delusional world? And save the passive-aggressive crap, who are you referring to with the sitting home line? It takes courage but you know its ok to be direct and literal sometimes.

I worry about the ESPN sheeps that some millenials (or later gens) have fallen victim into becoming... they gobble up propaganda so easily its scary. 2nd only to the Foxnews sheeps (diff demo i know) . Its like they have conditioned themselves to be allergic to facts.

Last edited by 67ShelbyGT on Mon May 11, 2015 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject:

"The Shot 2.0"

the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
the association wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
the association wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You're living in an echo chamber ... fortunately, you can find plenty of people that will share your delusion; I'm not one of them. Diminishing LeBron in a feeble attempt to prop up others who are sitting at home isn't vital to my sanity (as it is for others) ...

Nice retort with age old "echo chamber" cop out. Are you disagreeing with the FACT that he has historically low def foul rate? Feel free to elaborate on your generalizations.

I was pointing to specific situations late in 2 games. You took that broad stroked his entire career of victimhood... who's living in the delusional world? And save the passive-aggressive crap, who are you referring to with the sitting home line?

I worry about the ESPN sheeps that some millenials (or later gens) has fallen victim to... they gobble up propaganda so easily its scary. 2nd only to the Foxnews sheeps. Its like they have conditioned themselves to be allergic to facts.

1. I edited my post to give you the benefit of the doubt. I see that was wasted effort ...

2. I believe he's an unusual physical talent and that he's been an elite perimeter defender, both of which may very easily explain the low foul rate. Yes, I unambiguously disagree with your argument that LeBron is the beneficiary of favorable calls. I believe the opposite is true in many instances ... he's pummeled with impunity like Shaquille O'Neal was for so many years.

3. I cited three (3) specific examples before you brought up the Game 3 situation. What's your point exactly about generalizations and broad strokes?

4. Not victimhood ... the guy is ALREADY a Top 10 performer through 11 seasons. A final landing spot in the Top 5 is a near certainty ... who needs to cry "victim"? I'm merely pushing back on the salty tears that he's been gifted anything ... nobody has been the target of more contempt and scorn over the past ten years, nearly all of which appears to stem from hysterics that LeBron is demolishing sacred cows on the daily.

5. Who's sitting at home right now? The Lakers, that's who. And 21 other teams, too. I'm not sure how well you've been paying attention, but we have about eight or nine playoff wins over the past FIVE YEARS. If you want to direct your anger at someone for our current predicament, look inside ...

6. I'm an unrelenting critic of the ESPN + NBA marketing machinery that has resulted in, among other deceptions, the false "clutch" narrative over the years, etc. Yes, I'm COMPLETELY onboard with lamenting the highlight package generation that somehow only notices the 40% of shots that are successful in the NBA Finals, but fails to feast their eyes upon the 60% that miss so badly. I can tell that bothers you, too. At least we can agree on something ...

7. Those arguing in favor of LeBron always have the facts on their side ... it's the "eye test" that folks like you are left with in an effort to fight back, unfortunately. Remember? Stats lie, but your eyes don't ...

Have a great afternoon ...
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Lebron fanboy, wrong site bro.

Lebron still has a losing record in the Finals, so no one gives up f.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
the association wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
the association wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I was pointing to specific situations late in 2 games. You took that broad stroked his entire career of victimhood... who's living in the delusional world? And save the passive-aggressive crap, who are you referring to with the sitting home line?

I worry about the ESPN sheeps that some millenials (or later gens) has fallen victim to... they gobble up propaganda so easily its scary. 2nd only to the Foxnews sheeps. Its like they have conditioned themselves to be allergic to facts.

1. I edited my post to give you the benefit of the doubt. I see that was wasted effort ...

2. I believe he's an unusual physical talent and that he's been an elite perimeter defender, both of which may very easily explain the low foul rate. Yes, I unambiguously disagree with your argument that LeBron is the beneficiary of favorable calls. I believe the opposite is true in many instances ... he's pummeled with impunity like Shaquille O'Neal was for so many years.

3. I cited three (3) specific examples before you brought up the Game 3 situation. What's your point exactly about generalizations and broad strokes?

4. Not victimhood ... the guy is ALREADY a Top 10 performer through 11 seasons. A final landing spot in the Top 5 is a near certainty ... who needs to cry "victim"? I'm merely pushing back on the salty tears that he's been gifted anything ... nobody has been the target of more contempt and scorn over the past ten years, nearly all of which appears to stem from hysterics that LeBron is demolishing sacred cows on the daily.

5. Who's sitting at home right now? The Lakers, that's who. And 21 other teams, too. I'm not sure how well you've been paying attention, but we have about eight or nine playoff wins over the past FIVE YEARS. If you want to direct your anger at someone for our current predicament, look inside ...

6. I'm an unrelenting critic of the ESPN + NBA marketing machinery that has resulted in, among other deceptions, the false "clutch" narrative over the years, etc. Yes, I'm COMPLETELY onboard with lamenting the highlight package generation that somehow only notices the 40% of shots that are successful in the NBA Finals, but fails to feast their eyes upon the 60% that miss so badly. I can tell that bothers you, too. At least we can agree on something ...

7. Those arguing in favor of LeBron always have the facts on their side ... it's the "eye test" that folks like you are left with in an effort to fight back, unfortunately. Remember? Stats lie, but your eyes don't ...

Have a great afternoon ...

I know I hate the "eyetest" folks too. Stupid Jerry West. Stupid John Wooden. What have they ever done with their careers to think they know talent? As if! I take the extreme sabermetrics geeks like Morey or the brain typing of Ainge over these 2 simpletons. Look at all the rings Morey has won.

I love how you claim stats always favor the ESPN brainwashed LeBron fanatics like yourself yet just used some subjective jargon to discredit the low def fouls per minute fact. LeBron has really impressed me in how much he improved his D in the past 4-5 season. Same with Wade.

However, neither of them is better than Pippen, Kobe, MJ, Cooper, Alvin Robertson, to name a few when it comes to on-ball defense. No where close. Yet, by your argument LeBron has to be the greatest on-ball defender to justify the historically low def foul calls. Keep telling yourself that or just keep watching ESPN. It appears they have achieved some success in shoving LBJ down some throats. You are what makes ESPN work. They scream "score" every time they find one of you.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject:

So many salty tears ...

But keep misquoting a dead man. I'm sure that will make all of the pain and hurt you've been going through over the past five years sting a little less. After all, if you made it through 2005 - 2007 and have somehow managed to delude yourself into thinking those were halcyon days for the franchise, this little bump in the road should be no sweat ...
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

It wasnt like Cavs were down 1 as your post suggests. It was a tie game. If anything Cavs were up late and couldve taken OT.

It was an impressive shot. Best one LBJ ever hit. He usually passes those to Mo or Ray or Kyrie so glad he kept one. But it wasnt a do-or-die shot.

Where does my post suggest the Cavs were down? I said he hit a game winner. Did he not hit a game winner?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
The refs gave LEBRON the opportunity to win the game.

True, they did call the ball out of bounds on the Bulls after they had knocked it out of bounds.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Where does my post suggest the Cavs were down? I said he hit a game winner. Did he not hit a game winner?

Why would missing a go ahead jumper in a tie game equate to being down 3-1 as you stated? You just knew Cavs would lose if it went OT? You should share some of those Nostradamus skills with Morey.

It was you that compared it to Horry, a game where we were down 2. That's a do-or-die shot, not a go ahead shot.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
So many salty tears ...

But keep misquoting a dead man. I'm sure that will make all of the pain and hurt you've been going through over the past five years sting a little less. After all, if you made it through 2005 - 2007 and have somehow managed to delude yourself into thinking those were halcyon days for the franchise, this little bump in the road should be no sweat ...

Haha were you even born when Wooden was alive? You think 05-07 were the dark days that laker fans endured? Explains why you don't understand Jerry West either. We had much darker days than that, kid.

I was at Pauley in many of the games John attended and as a student I was fortunate to be in group discussion with the greatest bball mind ever. Trust me I'm not even remotely trying make you believe me. Wooden has said that quote in multiple interviews, publicly. Reiterated it when someone brought up MJ. Speaking of salt, why didn't he ever have anything close to that to say about LBJ?

Some kids these days love to regurgitate the bs ESPN shoves down their throats and think using big Shakespearean words will distract from their lack of knowledge.

Stick to the argument. You claim he doesn't get ref favor, quite the contrary you say. Since his foul call rate is much much lower than that of Pippen, MJ or even Alvin, you're saying he's a better on ball defender than them? {just answer the question, stop trying to google fancy words}
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
the association wrote:
So many salty tears ...

Haha were you even born when Wooden was alive? You think 05-07 were the dark days that laker fans endured? Explains why you don't understand Jerry West either. We had much darker days than that, kid.

I was at Pauley in many of the games John attended and as a student I was fortunate to be in group discussion with the greatest bball mind ever. Trust me I'm not even remotely trying make you believe me, Wooden has said that quote in multiple interviews, publicly. Reiterated it when someone brought up MJ. Speaking of salt, why didn't he ever have anything close that to say about LBJ?

Some kids these days love to regurgitate the bs ESPN shoves down their throats and think using big Shakespearean words will distract from their lack of knowledge.

Stick to the argument. You claim he doesn't get ref favor, quite the contrary you say. Since his foul call rate is much much lower than that of Pippen, MJ or even Alvin, you're saying he's betting on ball defender than them? {just answer the question, stop trying to google fancy words}

Stop already ... your posts are an unmitigated embarrassment to such a fine institution. The UC system deserves much, much better from its alumnus. And as my brief use of the search tool ^ above has shown, it turns out that you're not just woefully misguided and out of your depth when it comes to this post, you're just generally off the mark on most of your attempts to express yourself.

A perfectly positive correlation doesn't exist between foul rates and purported official bias. I hope that simple explanation satisfies the perseverative mind ...
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Bonus sodium chloride for our young LBJ diehard. Why do the biggest legends of the game keep selecting Kobe over your boy? MJ, Bird, Kareem...

{And that was before the physical decline (and quietly, HGH testing). Hope you saved all the LBJ tapes. 30s are already showing. Winter is coming. Imagine LBJ without his athleticism... Anthony Mason? }

Stay up, young buck.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: