Mad Max Fury Road
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Mad Max Fury Road

Can't wait to see it. So far reviews are solid. 99% on rotten tomatoes right now http://www.rottentomatoes.com/mobile/m/mad_max_fury_road/

Reading article that men are looked down and there's a men activist protest on boycotting the movie
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject:

I'll stick with the first one.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject:

Saw the trailer and thought it looked awful but raves are having me reconsider. Might check it out if I have time. The fact that it pisses off MRA weirdos is a plus.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

It's the best rated summer action blockbuster that I have seen on Rotten Tomatoes. The trailers looked solid but now with the reviews I'm definitely going to watch it.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

I don't live in the U.S. so I'll probably have to wait a while for this one. But I honestly can't wait! I love George Miller's work, especially his visuals and his understanding of the action genre. Don't care too much for the reviews as critics usually have a predetermined disposition anyways. I know that anything Miller puts his hands on will be original, groundbreaking and visually stunning. So glad this franchise is back. Oh, and Tom Hardy >>>>> Mel Gibson.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject:

I had zero interest from the first trailer so haven't watched any of the other trailers. I'm a big Tom Hardy fan and this was his firs movie I wasn't really excited about but I'll see what you guys have to say about it and reconsider.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject:

I'll watch it when it hits Netflix, I can wait. Got the trilogy in the collection. It's natural to doubt that the storyline will be any superior to Road Warrior or even the original. I dunno about "Action Star X" > Gibson as Max, though. We don't need another hero, Grind. (get it?, huh?)

Yer talkin about one of Mel's very few non-annoying, muted performances. I wanna do a Chinese tourist on all these recent 80s remakes and for good reason. If even one of them has been a clear improvement over the previous, I'd be more than willing to admit it. And I'm writing this just a minute after seeing they have a Poltergeist reboot coming up (oy, vey). We'll see. To quote Humungus, "I'm gravely disappointed" that Max didn't just end as a character given that in the 80s, Miller didn't seem to have a problem taking the sequels into different directions, especially with Thunderdome.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Thu May 14, 2015 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I'll stick with the first one.

We have a problem here... She is not what she seems. Bubba Zanetti has it on good authority. She was sent by The Bronze...full of treachery...

http://tinyurl.com/kbpj76m

It's been on a dozen times on that one El Rey channel since last month.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait to see it.

!...
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject:

Seats reserved for tonight. Burbank prime
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

Just back from watching it. The Road Warrior was one of my all-time favorites, but Fury Road is better! The film is like the Barry Bonds version of Mad Max 2.
The action scenes are amazing. Actually it's like one long action scene with short pauses to let you to catch your breath.
And to those who somehow missed the other Mad Max films, seeing those films is not a prerequisite for enjoying Fury Road.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I'll watch it when it hits Netflix, I can wait. Got the trilogy in the collection. It's natural to doubt that the storyline will be any superior to Road Warrior or even the original. I dunno about "Action Star X" > Gibson as Max, though. We don't need another hero, Grind. (get it?, huh?)

Yer talkin about one of Mel's very few non-annoying, muted performances. I wanna do a Chinese tourist on all these recent 80s remakes and for good reason. If even one of them has been a clear improvement over the previous, I'd be more than willing to admit it. And I'm writing this just a minute after seeing they have a Poltergeist reboot coming up (oy, vey). We'll see. To quote Humungus, "I'm gravely disappointed" that Max didn't just end as a character given that in the 80s, Miller didn't seem to have a problem taking the sequels into different directions, especially with Thunderdome.

We do need another hero. As a big fan of action movies, I think the good ones are few and far between these days. We need veteran directors like Miller, who understand the genre, to come in and show these newbie directors how it's done. We also need a new wave of action heroes. I wouldn't count out Tom Hardy on topping Mel, from what I've seen from him he's perfect for this role.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Just back from watching it. The Road Warrior was one of my all-time favorites, but Fury Road is better! The film is like the Barry Bonds version of Mad Max 2.
The action scenes are amazing. Actually it's like one long action scene with short pauses to let you to catch your breath.
And to those who somehow missed the other Mad Max films, seeing those films is not a prerequisite for enjoying Fury Road.

Better than Road Warrior. Damn I really need to see this!!
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

60 Mad Max facts from original movies
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/60-mad-facts-about-the-original-mad-max-trilogy-118809744717.html
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Isn't this a reboot?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

What, no Tina Turner?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Saw it this morning and I was incredibly impressed.

If you're looking for the best action movie of the summer - this is it.

It was better than Furious 7 & the Avengers. To put in perspective, I might go see it again this weekend. I thought it was thaaaat much better than the Avengers.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
AngryBlacksmith
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:

I understand everyone has their own preferences, but that sounds very unappealing to me.

Is this one of those movies that distracts you with explosions to hide the lack of plot/story?
hoopla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Saw it this morning and I was incredibly impressed.

If you're looking for the best action movie of the summer - this is it.

It was better than Furious 7 & the Avengers. To put in perspective, I might go see it again this weekend. I thought it was thaaaat much better than the Avengers.
seats already purchased. i was so not going to see this movie from the first trailer or two. I was like no, you're not going to sucker me into a reboot of a great classic. Then i saw another preview. then another. and another. Then i realized, wait this just might be a good one.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

AngryBlacksmith wrote:
Buck32 wrote:

I understand everyone has their own preferences, but that sounds very unappealing to me.

Is this one of those movies that distracts you with explosions to hide the lack of plot/story?

It's an action flick with lots of explosions and crashes, which are all part of the story. You should stay away if you're expecting Fargo or The Shawshank Redemption. It's not getting any Academy Award nomination for best screenplay or best story.
But ...it kicks ass!
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
AngryBlacksmith wrote:
Buck32 wrote:

It's an action flick with lots of explosions and crashes, which are all part of the story. You should stay away if you're expecting Fargo or The Shawshank Redemption. It's not getting any Academy Award nomination for best screenplay or best story.
But ...it kicks ass!

Saw it last night. Bad ass movie. Really light on story, even more so than the Avengers. This summer I've seen Fast 7, Avengers 2, and Mad Max. All solid, fun movies. Any one know about a sequel for Mad Max?
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Wow... To my delight, this film got an int'l release so I was able to go see it last night. AMAZING. It was everything I expected and more. I think Miller has put the modern action genre to shame, this totally raises the bar. Non stop action with a powerful story altogether. Genius filmmaking on every level.
rockyp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Saw it last night, although it felt like Charlize Theron carried the film and Tom Hardy was the co-star. The action sequence was top notch, it felt like I was watching some Cirque Du Solei action film. It was SOO GUD!!!
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Go see it in a theater with a big screen and a loud sound system.

I did, and it blew my ass away.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Wow, what a ride, pun intended. Great stunts, as basic a plot as you need for a two hour long crazy ass road chase, and just ridiculous, over the top villains. The quintessential action movie, just a great time.

i thought that the actual protagonist of the movie was Furiosa and not Max, and it worked extremely well. The director did an incredible job packing in a bunch of stuff about the world that we could infer from what we saw as opposed to telling it to us via exposition.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: