Report: Chris Paul and Deandre Jordan had a falling out
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject:

This isn't anything new. BG, DJ, and Paul have had their difference before, yet they've been able to put that aside and play. Which I'm sure is going to happen again. Nothing to see here guys.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
This isn't anything new. BG, DJ, and Paul have had their difference before, yet they've been able to put that aside and play. Which I'm sure is going to happen again. Nothing to see here guys.

yea, writers just giving what people want to hear and create rumors and speculations.

Last edited by Jackobe on Tue May 19, 2015 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:

yea, writers just giving what people want to here and create rumors and speculations.

Agreed. Hell, DeAndre's people might have put this rumor out themselves just to grab some headlines during playoff time and in the offseason.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sources say Paul's well-known edginess and drive ground on Jordan's nerves for much of the year. Contributing to the problem was Paul's view that Jordan lacked the appropriate commitment to working on his free throws, including not working enough with the Clippers shooting coach on that issue, sources said.

Sources -- including two friends of Paul -- say he does wear on his teammates but only because he cares deeply about winning and carries himself as much as a coach as a point guard.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/deandre-jordan-los-angeles-clippers-free-agency-chris-paul-rift-051815

I can just imagine all that Hack-a-Jordan stuff in the playoffs driving Paul nuts.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:

Boy I don't know. Even Shaq and Kobe were able to put aside their differences and play, but those differences still eventually played a role in driving those two apart.

Last edited by Steve007 on Tue May 19, 2015 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
I realize that we were screwed by Stern, but I refuse to buy into the tale that Chris Paul was the magic bullet or building block. For starters, I think the chemistry between him and Kobe would have been chaotic. Second, he's the anti-Magic, he simply cannot elevate his or his teammates' game to prevail in a tight series. I guess that is a quality you lump under the category of intangibles and he's had too many opportunities (and now advantages) to just owe it to bad luck.

I'm not sure how he could elevate the play of a Matt Barnes. The guy had one open shot after another and kept missing (Kobe couldn't elevate his play in the playoffs either). Crawford was pretty awful himself and often isn't on the floor with Paul. The Clipper starting lineup actually did extremely well. They had a lot more issues when CP3 was on the bench watching his backup play.

I'm not sure how it would have worked on the court, but I know that Kobe complained about teammates that didn't put enough effort into improving their games. I doubt he would have had that issue with CP3.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
I don't see the Clips moving forward with this core (Griffin, CP3, Jordan) and being able to win a championship. The Clips' playoff elimination felt (to me) as the closing of the window of opportunity for that core group's chance to win a title. .

The move necessary to keep Jordan (a max contract) would pose a crippling handicap to the club in terms of its ability to actually begin to address the factors that prevented them from reaching championship form in the 2015 post-season:

- a bench lacking depth comparable to the teams which win both conference final and NBA Finals series. An aging Jamal Crawford was the best element, but even he is likely to be diminishing beyond age 35.

- deficient play of the big wing starter (Matt Barnes), who's continually lacked competitive ability to counter opposing wings of Trevor Ariza's level of ability. Upgrade at this position seems the #2 priority, even if they keep DJ and improve the bench first, which alone represent terrible odds against.

Finding guys of improved quality for the vet minimum seems to require magic, if DeAndre Jordan is re-signed.

I don't always follow this stuff too closely but haven't the Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers put together decent supporting casts around 3 star players?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject:

I think Deandre will return to the Clips.

Paul and Jordan not getting along wasn't why they lost. Their bench was.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:
I don't see the Clips moving forward with this core (Griffin, CP3, Jordan) and being able to win a championship. The Clips' playoff elimination felt (to me) as the closing of the window of opportunity for that core group's chance to win a title. .

The move necessary to keep Jordan (a max contract) would pose a crippling handicap to the club in terms of its ability to actually begin to address the factors that prevented them from reaching championship form in the 2015 post-season:

- a bench lacking depth comparable to the teams which win both conference final and NBA Finals series. An aging Jamal Crawford was the best element, but even he is likely to be diminishing beyond age 35.

- deficient play of the big wing starter (Matt Barnes), who's continually lacked competitive ability to counter opposing wings of Trevor Ariza's level of ability. Upgrade at this position seems the #2 priority, even if they keep DJ and improve the bench first, which alone represent terrible odds against.

Finding guys of improved quality for the vet minimum seems to require magic, if DeAndre Jordan is re-signed.

I don't always follow this stuff too closely but haven't the Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers put together decent supporting casts around 3 star players?

Well, both teams have had the luxury of building around one freakish player named Lebron. Though declining, he's just that good. Put Melo there instead, and it just wouldn't work. Melo, Irving, Love...questionable if that even makes the playoffs. Probably would, but not a contender.
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Was it this moment?

Oh man, Paul's face in the slow motion....

Too much for me. haha
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject:

Did you see DJ putting flair on the alley oop he missed during the 4thQ of game 7?

In a critical situation - using his right hand - pulling the ball back to tomahawk it, while totaly alone, and missing!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject:

carlosLisboa wrote:
Did you see DJ putting flair on the alley oop he missed during the 4thQ of game 7?

In a critical situation - using his right hand - pulling the ball back to tomahawk it, while totaly alone, and missing!

I saw that, I thought maybe he could use two hands on it and figured well he always does it that way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: