QFTOS Celtics fans on the lottery
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: QFTOS Celtics fans on the lottery

They aren't wishing us good luck to start
Quote:
I'm rooting for the Lakers to lose their pick, but I think that would require two teams leapfrogging them into the Top 3.

Quote:
Yes this would be awesome. They did a pretty good job of tanking so I doubt this happens thou.

Quote:
If the Lakers lose their pick it will go to a division opponent. Honestly I'd rather the Lakers got the top pick than the Sixers or Knicks.

Quote:
Same. I'd laugh for a day if they lost a top 4 pick so easily but I don't like Philly having 4-5 or 5-6.

Quote:
Other than hoping two teams leapfrog the Lakers, I don't much care how it goes down.

Quote:
Honestly, I can't begin to care.

If the Lakers lose their pick, that'd be nice. Otherwise, a handful of poorly run / bad luck teams will end up with a top flight prospect in this draft, and the Celtics won't. So who cares which one gets what?

Quote:
I don't care. We're not in the lottery, so why should it matter?

Just hope the Lakers get screwed over. If any team deserves a championship, its the Timberwolves.

Quote:
Hopefully LA Lakers lose their pick.

Quote:
seconded. tp for the thought.

Then it becomes obvious that the Lakers are in the top 3
Quote:
OMG the Lakers are going to win SMH

Quote:
Lakers get the top pick, calling it, rigged baby.

Quote:
Quote:
HAHAHAHA Knicks lol

That was my reaction ... until I realized this means the Lakers have a top-3 pick.

Quote:
Quote:
Lakers get the top pick, calling it, rigged baby.

Whoever the Lakers draft please be a bust please...

Quote:
lakers are gonna get it. brace yourselves.

Quote:
what will be worse, LA or Philly getting the top pick? really pulling for Minny right now but really don't want to listen to the tanking brigade trumpeting their cause

Quote:
If the Lakers get this pick and one of those bigmen go on to be all stars I might have to puke.

Lakers get the #2 pick and Celtics fans react
Quote:
Lakers with the No. 2 pick.

Quote:
the real tanking is gonna happen in Towns and Okafors workouts with the TWolves

^ LOL
Quote:
Lakers #2, I hope whoever they choose is a bust

Quote:
Don't worry the Lakers can take Okafor aka Al Jefferson 2.0

Quote:
The owner is going to pick another guard

Quote:
Lakers were the one team to move up. Every year there's some [dang] conspiracy. ****

Quote:
The Lakers are now officially ahead of us in the rebuild.

Quote:
If LA Lakers get Karl Anthony Towns Jr I'll be so sad.

Quote:
Just awful.

Getting swept in playoffs vs getting a top 3 pick...looks like we got a winner in the Lakers.

Quote:
Quote:
The Lakers are now officially ahead of us in the rebuild.

They're going to get a franchise center... they seem to always get their franchise center.

Quote:
The Lakers get the second pick, despite having the fifth best chance to win the lottery?
[Video of some guy saying, "What! No way!"]
Awesome for Minnesota (Towns (for whom KG will make an excellent mentor, imo), Wiggins, and Lavine moving forward - wow ), but screw the Lakers. It never fails, does it?
*facepalm*

Quote:
This sucks. It's looking very good that the Lakers will be much better than us much sooner. As in 1 or 2 seasons.

Now some analysis on who the Lakers will pick
Quote:
Lakers imo will trade down for Russel or Mudiay. Cant see them taking Okafor

Quote:
Why not? Okafor and Randle is a nice pairing. I guess neither is great defensively? Hmm... interesting. Also interesting considering they will probably be signing Kevin Love this summer. They'll have to trade someone... most likely Randle.

Take Okafor, Sign Love and Rondo, trade Randle + something for an equal talent of a different position.

Quote:
[Minny] better take Towns I'd much rather LAL got Okafor...

Quote:
Quote:
Lakers imo will trade down for Russel or Mudiay. Cant see them taking Okafor

why? they need offense and a center. he addresses those issues.

what I think is more likely is that they trade that pick for an established player to put with Kobe so he doesn't waste one of his few remaining years waiting for a rookie to develop into something. Think of something similar to the Wiggins/Love trade but I think LA will get someone of lower quality than Love since they have little to send out with that pick

Quote:
Okafor seems like a good fit with Kobe. More of an NBA-ready player. At least offensively. Give LA a 1-2 punch to build their offense around.

Russell and Kobe play the same position. Awkward.

Mudiay is very impressive but it sounds like he'll need a few seasons to put things together. Not a good match with an aging Kobe Bryant.

Quote:
The best years of Kobe's career have come when he's playing off of post scorers.

Heading into next year the Lakers will likely have two highly touted big man prospects known in large part for their back to the basket game. Not a terrible spot to be in.

Use the cap space to upgrade at PG and SF and they could be alright. Up until Kobe goes out with an injury again, that is.

Now some general analysis
Quote:
I thought of that, too, but it had to be the Lakers. It's like they're the league's default setting in the lottery, lol

Quote:
we're stuck in NBA purgatory, while the lakers stack on talent

at least we have a winning tradition though! tradition of getting swept in the first round and having below .500 record.

Quote:
The Lakers, whom everyone had written off, is suddenly looking like they have a future with Randle and Okafor (most likely).

Quote:
Let's all be clear about something. Unless they spend a lot of money and convince two or more top free agents to come aboard, the Knicks, Lakers, Sixers and Wolves will all suck again next year. The Wolves might be the best of the bunch but that's because they were bad this year mostly due to injuries and blatant tanking at the end of the season.

Okafor and Randle might be a nice core for LA but it's going to be 3 or 4 years from now and after Kobe is gone.

Quote:
The Lakers will have Randle back and may trade that second pick for Cousins.

Quote:
Heh... Okafor will be Al Jefferson at the worse.

Lakers have a lot going right for them right now. Clarkson just made 1st Team Rookie over our own Marcus Smart. Julius Randle is a killer prospect. Okafor is a beast. Those 3 alone made a nice trio to build around (though I don't blame anyone for not being sold on Clarkson). Then you add Kobe plus a couple signings this summer with their roughly 30 mil in cap space (Rondo and Kevin Love, prob)... Freakin Lakers.

It's going to take a special level of incompetence for the Lakers to blow this. It will be fairly easy for them to roll into next season with Rondo, Kobe, Randle, Kevin Love, Okafor, Clarkson... then sign another max dude the year after... then another two max dudes the year after when Kobe retires.

Freakin Lakers.

Meanwhile, our Celtics are a team without a legitimate starter, a prospect with star potential (unless you count marcus smart... which is a stretch), or a draft pick that is likely to add a star. We do have enough cap space to sign 1 max player though... so here's hoping Ainge pulls somethin off. At least our coach is great. U Jelly of our sweet coach, Lakerfan?

Quote:
Townes would be a great fit next to Randle and/or Love.

I wonder what the Lakers could get for Julius Randle on the open market.

Quote:
[The Lakers] will be scary in the West if the land Towns or Okafor. They are a threat to Boston's 17 banners.

Quote:
Have to vent. Lakers are the only team that moves up. Of course. Always, Always get what they need. LAL will be back in the hunt within 3 years. Always. Makes me sick.

Quote:
I agree. It sucks. Figures once a decade we have a shot at a star prospect (1997, 2007, 2014) and every time we end up missing out by a pick or two. Meanwhile, the Lakers dip their feet into the tank waters and walk away with a franchise big.

Seeing the kind of assets some of these teams now have is pretty frustrating as a Celtic fan. We're still looking for our first legitimate starter while these teams are amassing superstar prospects.

Quote:
It's pretty obvious Clarkson was rewarded for chucking up shots/putting up numbers on an awful team. If Kobe doesn't get injured, Clarkson doesn't sniff 1st or 2nd team. It's not like he's the youngest rookie around either. Bradley is only 2 years older than him.

Did Randle suddenly get better following his broken leg? Did he grow? Since he measured only 6-7 without shoes. Did he improve his perimeter game since that was an issue as well? Are the questions of him finishing inside over length, something he struggled with because his 7-0 wingspan isn't the greatest, suddenly erased?

Once again, you overrate other players for being on opposing teams, but underrate our own guys simply for wearing green. If we had the Lakers entire coaching staff and roster you would say the following:

- Randle and Okafor can't co-exist. Neither plays defense, neither has can stretch the floor offensively, and neither is a good FT shooter. Those [dang] (insert lottery winner here)! Towns is the next (insert exaggerated HOF player reference here) and we're stuck with at best the next Big Al.

- Randle is injury prone!

- Clarkson is overrated. He put stats up because his team was bad. He's old, which hurts his upside and he's a shoot first player. Yeah, Kobe is going to love him.

- Free agents won't sign with us. Nobody wants to play with Kobe and he's clogging up our cap space anyway.

- Scott is the worst coach in the NBA, who's going to want to play for him?

- Our management has been a laughing stock since Dr. Buss died. Players are leaving us for other teams (Gasol and Howard) and we aren't even the best team in our own city. When players talk about playing in LA they no longer talk about playing for us.

- We'll be in the lottery again next year and we'll likely have to give up that pick because of that wonderful Nash trade. Great, just great!

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject:

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject:

They sure are salty about smart lol

Also hilarious that they think Lakers moving up is a conspiracy. If anything, "superstar leaving their team gets them #1 pick conspiracy is the real conspiracy. James, Paul, Love, etc

thanks for the qftos!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Also hilarious that they think Lakers moving up is a conspiracy. If anything, "superstar leaving their team gets them #1 pick conspiracy is the real conspiracy. James, Paul, Love, etc

thanks for the qftos!

Plus, they completely disregard the fact that the Lakers were also in the lottery last season and dropped down a spot.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject:

They had the opportunity to draft Randle lol. So bitter.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject:

"Your tears of unfathomable sadness are delicious."

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:

Yeah but Randle didnt want to work out for the celtics lol
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Take Okafor, Sign Love and Rondo, trade Randle + something for an equal talent of a different position.

No thanks to Love and Rondo.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject:

That last quote. I can feel and just taste of the tears of that post.
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

Celtic tears cuz of the Lakers? It's been a while.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Yeah but Randle didnt want to work out for the celtics lol

Well he did but didn't go for the second workout. I still don't get why they didn't draft Randle. They over looked his overall perimeter package of his game. HAHA F U CELTS!!!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject:

Why so sad, you guys still have Marcus Smart.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

If we're splitting our cap space between two players, there could be much worse scenarios than those guys. I can't stand Rondo, but he will likely be the cheaper option and it will appease Kobe. Plus add depth at PG (and PF with Love) while being a good mentor for Clarkson. Rondo does scare me but he has the right attitude to pair with Kobe in their pursuit to building a warrior ethos here.

I have no issues with K. Love other than defense. A Love/Randle rotation would be extremely versatile and potentially devastating.

Suddenly our traditional fantasy players are no longer pipe dreams.

C- Towns?/Okafor?
PF- Love?/Randle
SG- Kobe/Young
PG- Rondo?/Clarkson

Or any other scenario we can think of. There are some good ones out there, and I trust Mitch to round out our roster.

Personally I would like to see:

C- Towns
PF- Love/Randle
SF- J. Butler (might have to overpay and get lucky)
SG- Kobe/Young
PG- Clarkson

Anyway, this is the quote that stood out the most to me:

Quote:
Let's all be clear about something. Unless they spend a lot of money and convince two or more top free agents to come aboard, the Knicks, Lakers, Sixers and Wolves will all suck again next year. The Wolves might be the best of the bunch but that's because they were bad this year mostly due to injuries and blatant tanking at the end of the season.

Okafor and Randle might be a nice core for LA but it's going to be 3 or 4 years from now and after Kobe is gone.

I have no qualms with the bold part. It will be a fun ride. Thanks for the QFTOS. They are ALWAYS awesome.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject:

Been hoping to see one of these. Thanks, Dennis!!
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

Yeah. Clarkson, Randle, Okafor >>>>> Love and Rondo.
Fishlakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Been hoping to see one of these. Thanks, Dennis!!

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!! hahahaha Dennis!
Game 3 Victory in Denver . Mostly they were talking about Fisher's speech, the kind that might one day be put on T-shirts and repeated on the corner of 11th and Figueroa, words fit for a parade, his Lakers stepping into their destiny. L.A. Times 2009
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject:

Not gunna lie I got a few smiles and laughs reading these....

"The real tanking will b in the workouts between Oakfor and Towns !" Lmao
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
Not gunna lie I got a few smiles and laughs reading these....

"The real tanking will b in the workouts between Oakfor and Towns !" Lmao

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

I shall use their tears as lube.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

Thanks OP - got a kick out of those.

I still think its funny that Randle is holding a grudge for the 6 teams that didn't pick him ahead of us, but one of those teams was the Celtics and he didn't want to work out for them. Ha Ha Ha, Buck Foston!!!
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

Suck it, Boston fans. What a wasted season for them. Getting swept as a 7th seed in the lousy-as-ever Eastern Conference isn't any sort of accomplishment. Hopefully their 10 or 11 picks over the next few drafts end up being garbage too.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a fanbase overrate other players, and underrate their own.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

So are we still light years behind in the re-building process? Let me know when they acquire anyone resembling someone more than a role player.. K thnx bye
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

thanks for the qftos!

This is because it's human nature for sports fans to be idiots and think anything that benefits a team they dislike and not their team is a "conspiracy."
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject:

Love QFTOS! Thanks!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: