Is Randle the better player compared to Towns/Okafor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
business101
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
Even after smoking a lot of crack I think that Randle is the inferior player to these two gentlemen. But I did just smoke a lot of crack, so ...

LOL
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject:

I think when the smoke clears down the line it will be Okafor and randle at the top, with Towns, Wiggins and Russell at 3rd ,4th, and 5th...
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject:

I think that Randle is a real low post player and would actually cause some redundancy if Okafor were to fall to the Lakers. However I would still pick him, simply because that front line would be DOMINANT in the future.

Is Randle better than either or both of those players? I would have to say no, simply because he's 3" shorter and you can't make up for their size. BUT, Randle is possibly more athletic than Okafor and Towns. Randle has the ability to play SF and could possibly cover 3 positions on the floor, whereas Okafor and Towns are either 4/5s depending on the team and offense being ran.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I couldn't discern in the 14 minutes of play.

This, times a million.

I won't piss on the only good news we've had for almost 2 years, but let's keep things in perspective...None of these guys have played in the NBA yet, we have no clue how these guys are going to pan out. In fact, if Sac came to me right now and wanted the pick for DeMarcus I'd do it in a heartbeat!

You never have a clue how ANY NBA draft prospect is going to pan out. NOBODY is a guarantee.

People like to play the hindsight game and act as if nobody had any question or concerns about just about every superstar to ever play in the league. All you can do is gauge potential and hope for the best.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I anticipate Randle having a better season than any rookie we draft this year... so you know where I vote.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
I think that Randle is a real low post player and would actually cause some redundancy if Okafor were to fall to the Lakers. However I would still pick him, simply because that front line would be DOMINANT in the future.

Is Randle better than either or both of those players? I would have to say no, simply because he's 3" shorter and you can't make up for their size. BUT, Randle is possibly more athletic than Okafor and Towns. Randle has the ability to play SF and could possibly cover 3 positions on the floor, whereas Okafor and Towns are either 4/5s depending on the team and offense being ran.

No, he flat out is more athletic than those two. The big knock against Okafor is his lack of athleticism. Towns is pretty athletic but not freakishly so. The few times Randle was able to play many people were blown away by his athleticism because nobody expected it. That stupid Zach Randolph comparison has stuck to him and has people thinking he's way more limited as a player than he actually is.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Randle is more talented the Towns. It's a close call between him and Okafor.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I anticipate Randle having a better season than any rookie we draft this year... so you know where I vote.

Who do you want us to draft? Towns Oak or Russ

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Wed May 20, 2015 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
exempt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Okafor passing skills will help Randle immensely getting easy hoops. Towns ability to spread the court could give Randle space to go to work.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Who do you want us to draft?

I think I am still leaning toward Towns, but its a close call at this point. At any given minute, I might give a different answer between Towns, OKafor and Russell. However, regardless of which of those three we draft, I think Randle has a better season than them next season.

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject:

who to take at #2 is a really tough decision. Hopefully workouts and interviews help make a clear cut choice because Mitch must be stressing right now.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Who do you want us to draft?

I think I am still leaning toward Towns, but its a close call at this point. At any given minute, I might give a different answer between Towns, OKafor and Russell. However, regardless of which of those three we draft, I think Randle has a better season than them next season.

Ya I'm swaying between the 3. Towns first then I'm leaning Okafor. But ya from what we saw of Jules vs higher competition, he looks as ready to succeed and get buckets as any rookie
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I think in the end, be it Okafor or Towns, along with Randle, we got 2 of the 4 best players in the last two drafts combined.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Okafor or Towns will make more of an impact than Randle immediately. Doesn't matter, because we'll have 2 out of the 3 of them.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
I think in the end, be it Okafor or Towns, along with Randle, we got 2 of the 4 best players in the last two drafts combined.

We don't know that yet, but you could say the same about the Wolves too, though.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't know, I think you guys may be overrating Randle a bit. He may be injury prone based on his first season. He doesn't have crazy althetisism. He's not bigger/longer than NBA PF's. He has poor footwork. And his court vision and bball IQ appeared limited in the brief time he played. Obviously he was a rookie so he's gonna have some growing to do. But I mean to say superstar potential I don't know where that's coming from. I'd have to see some kind of elite skill or all around great game (Jimmy Butler-esque) to say he could become a superstar. Right now I haven't seen either
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Okafor is the best post player by far, his footwork is just great at 19 and have terrific hands.

Randle can really put the ball on the floor and run pretty well for a big guy.

They both are good passers with good BBIQ.

Towns is tall, can jump, can block some shots, grab some boards and someday can be a Tyson Chandler.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Okafor is the best post player by far, his footwork is just great at 19 and have terrific hands.

Towns is tall, can jump, can block some shots, grab some boards and someday can be a Tyson Chandler.

More offensive game than Chandler. A better version of Bogut might be the better comparison currently going.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Bogut wishes he could make that killer step-back jumper Karl Anthony-Towns did. It's hard to compare Karl Towns though. But, I sort of see where you're going.

Rasheed Wallace maybe?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
nash wrote:

More offensive game than Chandler. A better version of Bogut might be the better comparison currently going.

Yeah, he can turn left and ... hum ... turn left ... just like a taller Ed Davis.

I´m not sold on Towns, I don't think he is a bust, but I can't see him as the next great big.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Athletically yes.

Skill-wise? Towns is the better passer, shooter, shot blocker, defensive rebounder.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Athletically yes.

Skill-wise? Towns is the better passer, shooter, shot blocker, defensive rebounder.

Towns is not a better passer. And, lets wait to see how Randle shoots next year before saying Towns is a better shooter. Randle is also a better ball handler, a better post player, and, as of now, a better offensive player by a fair margin as far as I can tell. Defensively, obviously Towns is more advanced.

I get though that you see 3 to 4 players in this draft as Randle's superior, so clearly we disagree on Randle's value.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Athletically yes.

Towns is not a better passer. And, lets wait to see how Randle shoots next year before saying Towns is a better shooter. Randle is also a better ball handler, a better post player, and, as of now, a better offensive player by a fair margin as far as I can tell. Defensively, obviously Towns is more advanced.

I get though that you see 3 to 4 players in this draft as Randle's superior, so clearly we disagree on Randle's value.

I'm going by the frame of mind of how Randle looked at the end of his last year in Kentucky and Towns this season.

I think Towns is a better passer. He has better court awareness and does a better job finding the open shooter. Nearly matched Randle's assist average in nearly 10 less minutes per game on nearly 1 less turnover.

In terms of perimeter shooting, it took Randle a month in the preseason to start knocking down mid-range Js.

Karl Towns was doing that all season.

Better ball-handler I can buy.

Better post player? Randle had more advanced moves, but Towns skyrocketed his FG% from 48% to 56% late in the season by working the paint too. The moves may be more basic, but it's effective.

Randle was 51.7% from 2pt. range.

Julius Randle.

Karl Towns.

If Towns was in Randle's draft, he'd arguably go #3 behind Jabari Parker and ahead of perceived injury prone Embiid.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Translation is LeBron (Randle) better than Okafor (Duncan) or Towns (Olajuwon).

Is that the question?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Okafors handles are really impressive for a man his size. He easily dribbles out of double teams.
Okafor and Randle can both face up and take their defender off the dribble from 20ft out. I don't see that from Towns.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: