Is Randle the better player compared to Towns/Okafor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Is Randle > Wiggins and Parker should be the discussion.
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I couldn't discern in the 14 minutes of play.

This, times a million.

Randle is very overrated on this forum. We basically have no idea what we have in him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This, times a million.

Randle is very overrated on this forum. We basically have no idea what we have in him.

that doesn't mean a prospect is overrated.
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Artesties wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This, times a million.

In the Randle thread people are comparing him to Lebron and Odom put together, a better Charles Barkley, saying that a Randle/Okafor duo is the best in the game. Randle could be a scrub for all we know.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Artesties wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This, times a million.

In the Randle thread people are comparing him to Lebron and Odom put together, a better Charles Barkley, saying that a Randle/Okafor duo is the best in the game. Randle could be a scrub for all we know.

any prospect could be a scrub but they all get comparisons. and those comparisons are play style not impact
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Randle would be #3 pick in this draft. He should've been #4 last year but luckily a couple teams passed and we were able to steal him at #7
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I anticipate Randle having a better season than any rookie we draft this year... so you know where I vote.

Who do you want us to draft?

I think I am still leaning toward Towns, but its a close call at this point. At any given minute, I might give a different answer between Towns, OKafor and Russell. However, regardless of which of those three we draft, I think Randle has a better season than them next season.

Also lean towards Towns myself. Seems a better fit alongside Randle. But, after watching what has happened with the likes of Oden and Bynum over the last batch of seasons, it seems near impossible to accurately guess how a center will end up as a pro. Regardless of which we land, I just hope they have good health and that inner drive to improve their game.
*___*
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

This is the only forum I've seen that massively overrate Randle. RealGM, LakersNation, Club Lakers, etc all seem to have more realistic view of him. I don't know where people are getting these ridiculous comparison from. I seen multiple posts from one user who states that he is as fast and have the same ball handling ability as Lebron James.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

*___* wrote:
This is the only forum I've seen that massively overrate Randle. RealGM, LakersNation, Club Lakers, etc all seem to have more realistic view of him. I don't know where people are getting these ridiculous comparison from. I seen multiple posts from one user who states that he is as fast and have the same ball handling ability as Lebron James.

If you check the Randle thread, members have posted enough proof from his highschool, summer league, and preseason play that the comparisons are warranted. But at the end of the day they are just that comparisons. It doesn't mean that Randle will have those types of careers.

To add to that, people on other forums have not looked that deeply into Randle and most just remember his play from Kentucky. If that's all you take from him then you may think he's overrated.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
Randle would be #3 pick in this draft. He should've been #4 last year but luckily a couple teams passed and we were able to steal him at #7

I don't think Randle gets drafted over Russell. He probably doesn't get drafted over Mudiay.

Randle is popular on this board and he should be. But it has to be understood that he isn't anywhere this valued in most other circles. Aaron Gordon, Marcus Smart and Dante Exum were drafted ahead of him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

I don't think Randle gets drafted over Russell. He probably doesn't get drafted over Mudiay.

Randle is popular on this board and he should be. But it has to be understood that he isn't anywhere this valued in most other circles. Aaron Gordon, Marcus Smart and Dante Exum were drafted ahead of him.

in large part due to the type of limited post-only game he was forced to play at Kentucky.
If he showed the versatility in college that he did against NBA competition in SL and PS, he would have been thought of in a different light
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ocho wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

in large part due to the type of limited post-only game he was forced to play at Kentucky.
If he showed the versatility in college that he did against NBA competition in SL and PS, he would have been thought of in a different light

I agree with you that he is more versatile and has more to offer than what you saw at Kentucky. But I also think his SL/PS performance is regarded as the stuff of legends on this board, but it probably wasn't as impressive to most other people. I think he's going to be good, but he wouldn't go in the Top 3 in this draft and he went 7th in his draft.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject:

*___* wrote:

It's not much different than trying to have any type of conversation about Kobe's legacy compared to other all time top15 players on this forum. It's the fans' typical bias. The guy has literally played a mere 14 minutes in the pros and, yes, folks have decided he's the next love child of Magic and Odom. Oh, and don't forget all the amazing flashes of brilliance he's shown in the almighty SUMMER LEAGUE! lol..

For the team's sake, I genuinely hope he proves to be everything they hope for and moreso. The Lakers are the only team I ever root for. Yet, I'm with you on the serious overhyping being out of hand.

I've always been from the school of thought that says let them prove it on the court against legit competition and I'll be glad to give these young players their props. But, not before then. Wiggins is a great example. Shame he's stuck up in Minnie of all teams. But, with their next draft pick coming, they could end up with an amazing duo to build around for the next decade. That's the thing about the lotto and the draft. It's really a crapshoot no matter how much of a 'lock' any given player appears to be.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ocho wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:

I agree with you that he is more versatile and has more to offer than what you saw at Kentucky. But I also think his SL/PS performance is regarded as the stuff of legends on this board, but it probably wasn't as impressive to most other people. I think he's going to be good, but he wouldn't go in the Top 3 in this draft and he went 7th in his draft.

Ya i don't think he'd be taken ahead of Russell. but there would be a chance. I think his range would be 3-5. Porzingis could also be taken ahead of him due to his two way potential.
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Artesties wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This, times a million.

Yes he is. Some serious love fest for an unproven rookie who played only 1 year of college ball I might add.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject:

jdm43390 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Artesties wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This, times a million.

Yes he is. Some serious love fest for an unproven rookie who played only 1 year of college ball I might add.

there's a love fest around the draft for all the top prospects bro. all unproven. actually more unproven than Randle. college comp < summer league comp < pre season comp . We really like the skill he showed , against better comp than any of this years rookies, better comp than any of em played against. Half of the starters they played against, and with, won't even get summer league invites, less than that will make a pre season roster. So Randle is on the better side of unproven.
Randle was showing flashes against proven vets, all stars(jumpers in boogies eye), DPOY candidates(scoring on Draymond)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

jdm43390 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Artesties wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This, times a million.

and what do you think Towns and Okafor are?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
definitely not, Julius Randle is way undersized and showed a limited jumper while struggling to beat his man off the dribble and finish around the rim.

You obviously didn't watch Randle in college.

He's not that undersized in today's game.

Most power forwards are around his size.

One of his biggest strengths is his ability to finish inside and beating his man of the dribble.

His jumper needs some work, but what rookie doesn't need to improve that?

I watched him in college and he is undersized because his jumper is a bit weak, while with the Lakers before he got hurt he was struggling to get by his man and struggled to finish. Time will tell and I hope he is great, but I don't see it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
definitely not, Julius Randle is way undersized and showed a limited jumper while struggling to beat his man off the dribble and finish around the rim.

One of his biggest strengths is his ability to finish inside and beating his man of the dribble.

I watched him in college and he is undersized because his jumper is a bit weak, while with the Lakers before he got hurt he was struggling to get by his man and struggled to finish. Time will tell and I hope he is great, but I don't see it.

I've seen driving by his man is a strength, and that's all I've heard from anyone. Idk what you're talking about
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject:

My basketball knowledge is very limited but I believe:

Randle is very similar to Sasha Vujacic
Towns is like Luke Walton but taller
Okafor is like Emeka since they have the same last name

So to answer the thread's question, yes Randle is better since Sasha is better than Luke Walton and Emeka Okafor.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This, times a million.

If that is true then how can he be overrated?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

Mitch saw it, that is why he was downright giddy when he drafted him and why he thinks that Randle will be a star in this league. But I guess some here would say that Mitch is overrating him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Mitch in his exit interview
I would never expect Mitch to say in an interview that a rookie is guna look GREAT at times, just great. He said it twice.
He's as high on him as anyone
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Artesties wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This, times a million.

Except that NOT what people are actually doing. People are just looking at more well players and saying certain elements of Randle's game REMINDS them of those players. That's something that happens with EVERY SINGLE TOP TEN draft prospect.

I've seen plenty of people say Okafor reminds them of Tim Duncan, that doesn't he is or will be as good as Duncan, it just means that Okafor's game reminds them of Duncan.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Randle is more talented the Towns. It's a close call between him and Okafor.

Athletically yes.

Skill-wise? Towns is the better passer, shooter, shot blocker, defensive rebounder.
Towns is skilled for a C, but Randle is more skilled. Randle played all 5 positions in HS and is a point forward. Towns is a better shot blocker and shooter, but that's it. Randle was doubled teamed a lot more then Towns was at Kentucky.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: