Report: Lakers Not Picking Up Option For Jordan Hill and Looking To Trade Robert Sacre
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject:

The FO is obviously drafting a C and is fine with an Okafor/Black combo at the position. I think we keep all three picks as well, doesn't make sense to trade them when were rebuilding.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject:

Thread title is very misleading there is not a credible reporter that is saying this.... it's all speculation.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Told you guys Hill wasn't coming back.

Goodbye half ass bum.

Geez, 3300 posts in 3 months?!

Half of my posts are probably from game threads alone.

Youngest poster to 3k posts? That's gotta be some type of record.

I'll take my internet trophy then.

Megaton, you da real MVP!
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
Megaton wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Goodbye half ass bum.

Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
Megaton wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Goodbye half ass bum.

Megaton, not the best game thread poster, but best overall poster?
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject:

I don't think the Lakers are just gonna let Hill walk there gonna want some sort of consolation prize..... let's be realistic.... there isn't many big-man NBA players today that can shoot 15-20ft jumpers and play down low (when he feels like it).... I'm guaranteeing you guys if Hill is not coming back... the Lakers are gonna try really hard to S&T him before July 1.

Last edited by K0BEE 2.0 on Sun May 24, 2015 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject:

Speculation or not, the Lakers will need to overhaul their front court simply because there will be too much redundancy.

I think the FO is going to try to lure Love to the Lakers and if that happens, which is a BIG IF, they will definitely need to make room for him.

Love is a 4/5 depending on the lineup and with a Center like Okafor or Towns coming in, he will more than likely be at the 4 spot, which IMO would mean Randle would have to slide over to the 3. I totally believe he can play the 3 in this league especially if he's slimmed down a bit, but it remains to be seen.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that the lineup will look like this with Love being the only FA added, but obviously we have room to add more than just one.

Clarkson + Kobe + Randle + Love + Okafor

From a future perspective that starting lineup looks great, but from a playoff and contention perspective, too young and not enough time to gel.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Goodbye half ass bum.

I think Chronicle might still have that record
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject:

He can easily get some other records though, since I'm not nearly as active as I was when I joined
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
He can easily get some other records though, since I'm not nearly as active as I was when I joined

Chronicle has been playing hurt with finger injuries.

The next generation is coming for u!
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I don't think the Lakers are just gonna let Hill walk there gonna want some sort of consolation prize..... let's be realistic.... there isn't many big-man NBA players today that can shoot 15-20ft jumpers and play down low (when he feels like it).... I'm guaranteeing you guys if Hill is not coming back... the Lakers are gonna try really hard to S&T him before July 1.

Perhaps you should reduce some of the time spent reading sketchy sports news web sites and spend a minimum of thirty minutes a day reading:

NBA Salary Cap FAQ

91. Can a free agent be signed and immediately traded?

Quote:
The trade must be completed prior to the first game of the regular season (sign-and-trades are not allowed once the season begins).
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:

I'm not sure the exact rule,

but if we decide not to exercise his option, are we still allow to re-sign him or S&T him?

Plus once he is a FA, he doesn't need to help us through a S&T, he can go wherever he wants.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

That's a shame. Jordan's the only big we have with range.

I guess the Lakers are really going to push to make a big free agent signing this summer.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure how the cap works.... but I'm pretty sure the Lakers are not gonna let Hill walk without getting anything in return.. they have learned there lesson from the Howard/Gasol situation I hope... Hill is still a talented big-man and any team that is under the cap might be willing to take a chance at him.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

What the heck is the LA Sun Times, anyway? This guy sounds like he's recycling rumors and old reports.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I'm not sure how the cap works.... but I'm pretty sure the Lakers are not gonna let Hill walk without getting anything in return.. they have learned there lesson from the Howard/Gasol situation I hope... Hill is still a talented big-man and any team that is under the cap might be willing to take a chance at him.
The problem with that is which team would want to trade assets for a 9M expiring contract? Hill on that contract isnt as valuable as you might think. We couldn't even get a 1st round pick for an expiring Pau Gasol Contract. I think One of the reported offers for Pau was a 2nd round pick. What makes u think we could do better with Hill?

it's not a sure thing that we can move his contract so i think its better to just let him walk and sign a more valuable asset than to keep him with the possibility of being stuck with him for another year.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Goodbye half ass bum.

And there were some that complained we over-paid Hill $18 million for 2 years. The Lakers NEVER had any intentions of keeping Hill 2 years. The only way they could sign him was to offer a 2 year contract. He wasn't going to sign a 1 year $9 million dollar contract. The Lakers blueprint is in full effect.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
What the heck is the LA Sun Times, anyway? This guy sounds like he's recycling rumors and old reports.

RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Common sense on the Hill front pretty much. Why would we pick his option up and go into free agency with only 12 million to spend?

at trading Sacre. Don't see that happening. Just keep the guy. He's got zero value and makes peanuts, basically, so we'd likely have to give something up just to get rid of him.

Lakers are looking to upgrade talent level up and down their roster. Sacre was a nice roster filler but Lakers are in full blown rebuild mode and want a roster stocked with talent, potential and athletic players on their bench. This is going to fun to watch.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject:

I have never heard of the LA Sun Times.

Last edited by 32 on Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Report: Lakers Not Picking Up Option For Jordan Hill and Looking To Trade Robert Sacre

r41 wrote:
There is no need to trade Sacre.
His contract is not guaranteed.
Simply waive him.

Why waive him if you can potentially get a draft pick or include him in a trade to move up in the draft. The Lakers 34th pick and Sacre to move up a few spots or both the 27th/34th & Sacre to move up in the 1st. Waiving a player for nothing is the last option.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I understand the Hill decision. But not Sacre.

He is a serviceable backup on a minimal contract. Why trade him for a future 2nd at best? If for some reason they get one this year are they adding another rookie? Already fans are P&M about too many rookies.

I hope the the plan is not Black and Davis at Center. Both are undersized and were pushed around when going against other centers. Both are better suited at PF IMO.

Lakers need some legitimate centers. Okafor/Towns for 25-30mpg. But what then?

Black & Ed Davis as backups.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i'm all for not picking up Hill's option, but if he's never part of team's long term plan why didn't they trade him prior to deadline last season? he was putting up some respectable numbers, we might've gotten a future 1st round pick for him.

A big mistake people continually make is assuming that Lakers weren't looking for trades or turn down awesome trades. We saw this with how fans were demanding Pau be traded.

It requires the agreement of TWO teams to make a trade happen.

They Lakers have been adamant about not taking on bad assets via trades, and other teams might not have been willing to give up anything of value for Hill.

Bingo!
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
Mitch said he does not want to bring in three rookies at the same time this year. IMO he combines #27, #34 and Sacre to move up for a higher first rounder. If no one bites he can then cut Sacre (non-guarenteed contract) and draft someone overseas with the second rounder to let them play over there for a while.

It all depends how you interpret "bring in." Does that mean have start (Oakfor/Towns, Randle and another rookie? Or does he actually mean draft 3 rookies. Mitch usually tells you what he is going to do. The Lakers are definitely drafting either Oakfor or Towns. Whichever player Minn doesn't pick--the Lakers will draft the other one--unless the Lakers get an offer that is too good to pass up. Good big men are a dying breed and the Lakers have ALWAYS won with good big men and guards.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Speculation or not, the Lakers will need to overhaul their front court simply because there will be too much redundancy.

I think the FO is going to try to lure Love to the Lakers and if that happens, which is a BIG IF, they will definitely need to make room for him.

Love is a 4/5 depending on the lineup and with a Center like Okafor or Towns coming in, he will more than likely be at the 4 spot, which IMO would mean Randle would have to slide over to the 3. I totally believe he can play the 3 in this league especially if he's slimmed down a bit, but it remains to be seen.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that the lineup will look like this with Love being the only FA added, but obviously we have room to add more than just one.

Clarkson + Kobe + Randle + Love + Okafor

From a future perspective that starting lineup looks great, but from a playoff and contention perspective, too young and not enough time to gel.

I think they are 100% going after Love and I think there is a good chance we land him. Love knows what being in LA means to his brand, he knows we now have a potentially great C, Clarkson, Randle, and of course 2 more max spaces over the next couple years.

My question is where they see Randle fitting though. Clearly, they are VERY high on him. I can see Randle playing mins here and there at the 3 but to start at SF seems like a bad idea. I also assume they want to keep Black and Kelly so PF would be awfully crowded.

Unless they want to go and draft Russell, I'm curious how they'd make it work with so many guys at PF/C
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: