Report: Lakers Not Picking Up Option For Jordan Hill and Looking To Trade Robert Sacre
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind Love at all. I'm expecting him to bounce back next season. He wouldn't be my first option because I'm high on Randle. But if he's willing to come and you strike out on other options, I think you sign him. He's a piece of the puzzle.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject:

Love would be a nice option, but I think we will go after a high tier SF.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject:

The Sun Times ? A news source ? Bwah.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Hill can be a valuable backup and filler

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
laker50 wrote:
I don't know why sometimes the Lakers FO is so delusional.
Yes.
How can lakers as M Gasol is coming when they dissed his brother?
They did the same to Howard.
Couldn't even decide on a coach. Keep Scott.

The Lakers have to learn to treat its players with respect like the other teams.
For instance, GS, spurs.

No really good FA would want to come to the Lakers right now. Treat Hill with respect especially in a everyone tank season.

Keep the core and take the knocks.

yeah, the Lakers totally disrespected Kobe on the downside of his career...

The Jim Buss era is littered with disrespecting players (Howard, Gasol, etc) and coaches (PJ, Brian Shaw, etc).

As for Kobe, they had absolutely no choice... the fan base would have 100x more pissed off at Jim Buss then they are now if the team did not sign Kobe.
r41
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Love would be a nice option, but I think we will go after a high tier SF.

There aren't.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject:

If we are getting rid of 2 centers, who's gonna back up Randle and Okafor/KAT? Davis and Black? Need another big just in case.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
If we are getting rid of 2 centers, who's gonna back up Randle and Okafor/KAT? Davis and Black? Need another big just in case.

Javale McGee.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

Nice little insult. Not surprised.

Love and Randle play the same position. There is no getting around that. There is no versatility to be had in lineups with two true power forwards, neither particularly good defensively. Love is not a Center, Randle is not a SF.

You're doing yourself a disservice by holding onto Randle after signing Love. If you're doing it as some insurance thing, that's one thing, but I'd rather avoid the half measures and go all out to win if we're going to sign a guy like Love who is in his prime.

You either buy into Randle or you sign Love. Anything else really doesn't make any sense, especially when Randle's value can only go down from where it is right now by having him play behind Love.

Love and Randle don't place close to the same position. Randle is an attacker from the wing, Love plays in the paint or shoots long jumpers. Completely different, that is where the lack of creativity comes iin, just because there might be a "PF" next to their names it doesn't mean they play the same position. Mitch thinks that Randle will be a star so unless we get a star player in return, he won't be trading him.

The position matters defensively, not offensively. I don't care how creative you get, Randle is not the guy you want guarding wings in this league and Love is not the guy you want guarding centers or being tasked with protecting the paint.

Construct a lineup where having both on the floor together doesn't equal us getting killed defensively.

You think you're going to take out teams like the Clippers/Rockets/Thunder/Warriors/Grizzles with Love playing Center and Julius playing SF?

I haven't seen Randle defending SFs, none of us have. And man D in the paint is Loves strength along with defensive rebounding. I prefer a FA other than Love, but if they sign him they won't be giving up on a guy Mitch thinks will be a star.

I don't see the Lakers trading Randle.

Randle and Love would actually work well together offensively, and if you can pair them with a rim protector you'd have a really nice bigs trio. Plenty of minutes to go around. We had 3 all stars manning 2 positions on our last championship run, each with their own strengths. I don't expect either Randle or our pick (if we keep it) to play huge minutes anyway.

From the matchup perspective with Love and Randle, Towns offers the defense that Love/Randle lack. That would be one hell of a bigs trio to build around. Plus they'd be cost effective as 2 of the 3 are on rookie deals.

If Okafor is the pick, I love trying for Upshaw at 27 if he is there. Okafor/Upshaw/Love/Randle would make one hell of a 4 bigs rotation, and be cost effective since 3 of the 4 are on rookie deals. Plus with essentially 3 rookies, plenty of minutes to spread around.

I also could see Randle playing LIMITED minutes at the 3. He could cause some matchup problems for other teams, if he was able to guard other 3's.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: