Report: Lakers Not Picking Up Option For Jordan Hill and Looking To Trade Robert Sacre
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Told you guys Hill wasn't coming back.

Goodbye half ass bum.

Hmmm 99% of LG was pretty sure Hill wouldn't be coming back.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
Megaton wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Goodbye half ass bum.

Geez, 3300 posts in 3 months?!

Half of my posts are probably from game threads alone.

Youngest poster to 3k posts? That's gotta be some type of record.

I'll take my internet trophy then.

Megaton, you da real MVP!

Megaton, not the best game thread poster, but best overall poster?

You know it.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject:

exempt wrote:
so Lakers are drafting a center

It doesn't mean that.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject:

Well, if we trade Sacre with Ryan Kelly, Nick Young and one or both of the 27/34 picks we could bring back a salary of around 11 million. Obviously, this is a trade that would have to be made after signing all other free agents with our cap space.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I don't think the Lakers are just gonna let Hill walk there gonna want some sort of consolation prize..... let's be realistic.... there isn't many big-man NBA players today that can shoot 15-20ft jumpers and play down low (when he feels like it).... I'm guaranteeing you guys if Hill is not coming back... the Lakers are gonna try really hard to S&T him before July 1.

Like the haven't been trying to trade him since last year? Hill is going to walk--why would anyone want to trade for him when they KNOW the Lakers are not going to pick up the 2nd year on his contract?
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Speculation or not, the Lakers will need to overhaul their front court simply because there will be too much redundancy.

I think the FO is going to try to lure Love to the Lakers and if that happens, which is a BIG IF, they will definitely need to make room for him.

Love is a 4/5 depending on the lineup and with a Center like Okafor or Towns coming in, he will more than likely be at the 4 spot, which IMO would mean Randle would have to slide over to the 3. I totally believe he can play the 3 in this league especially if he's slimmed down a bit, but it remains to be seen.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that the lineup will look like this with Love being the only FA added, but obviously we have room to add more than just one.

Clarkson + Kobe + Randle + Love + Okafor

From a future perspective that starting lineup looks great, but from a playoff and contention perspective, too young and not enough time to gel.

I hope not. Who is playing defense on that unit? Just say no to Love. Good stat man but Lakers need some athletes that can play multiple positions and can defend. BScott's teams need to play defense.
hoopla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
The FO is obviously drafting a C and is fine with an Okafor/Black combo at the position. I think we keep all three picks as well, doesn't make sense to trade them when were rebuilding.
It makes perfectly good sense to trade one of those picks or even two of them. I need you guys to stop looking at the lakers like they are OKC or some other team in a small market that are not willing to pay players with high contracts. Thats why those teams go 100% youth movement. it's a cheap way to do things and they cant trust vets will stay with them beyond their rookie deals.

SO you keep stockpiling young guys on cheap contracts.

There isnt one team that does well with pretty much all kids. So why keep asking the lakers to rebuild with a team full of children? doesnt make sense. That's not the laker motto.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject:

A lot will depend on the draft and who is realistically available in free agency.

I can see the Lakers doing the following:

1) Trading Nick Young & Sacre

2) Attempt to S&T Hill & Lin (or release them outright)

3) Trading both draft picks to move up in the draft (so they can select a SF)

4) Retaining Davis, Black & Brown

5) Go after a starting C and SF during free agency
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

Chances of packaging Jordan Hill for a pick?

Teams like the Knicks want players that can help NOW for their 4th pick whom their not too high on. Hill is only 27 and was the Lakers' Time Warners poster boy after Kobe went down
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Teams like the Knicks want players that can help NOW for their 4th pick whom their not too high on. Hill is only 27 and was the Lakers' Time Warners poster boy after Kobe went down

Ha! I wish!

Can you imagine if the Knicks are stupid enough to trade their 4th pick for Hill, 27th, 34th, 2017 first, etc?

I would go crazy if that happened!
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I'm not sure how the cap works.... but I'm pretty sure the Lakers are not gonna let Hill walk without getting anything in return.. they have learned there lesson from the Howard/Gasol situation I hope... Hill is still a talented big-man and any team that is under the cap might be willing to take a chance at him.

If you're not sure about how the cap works, why do you think they're going to opt-in his contract? It's not going to happen. He's most likely done. No one will give assets for him. We are better off opting out and throwing money at an actual FA that is valuable. Or, if we don't, we can stay under the cap next year and accept a trade for a TPE expiring for a draft pick, like we did with Lin last year.

Megaton wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Ha! I wish!

Can you imagine if the Knicks are stupid enough to trade their 4th pick for Hill, 27th, 34th, 2017 first, etc?

We can't trade 2017 first rounder. You can't trade your first in consecutive years.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

tom wrote:
Hill I believe is gone,but why trade Sacre? He's on a cheap contract and our new rookie big will need a back-up.

Our new rookie will likely start off as a backup.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Ha! I wish!

Not that I wouldn't want that to happen..

But I would imagine it's well known (will probably be even more-so if they draft Okafor/Towns) that Jordan Hill won't be back with the Lakers.

I would think that teams wouldnt want to give up assets when you could just wait and sign him outright.
Laker_Lifer_25
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

Team practices are very important for team and player development especially for a young (rebuild) roster. With that said, Sacre is an inexpensive player that we can keep to play against the young bigs in practice. He can be Okafor's scratching post.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

The way things are going for the Knicks, they would love to trade this year's #4 lottery pick to get back their 2009-10 #8 lottery pick selection... Jordan Hill.

Imagine the reaction to Jordan Hill's return to MSG. Phil Jackson would be riding a nice cushy buyout for starters.
styleripftw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject:

We have a lot of bigs, definitely need to make room for Okafor. I hope we keep Ed Davis and give him more minutes than before.
Kobe24Magic32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Ha! I wish!

Do it Mitch!!!
exempt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
exempt wrote:
so Lakers are drafting a center

It doesn't mean that.

yes it does
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

I wonder how many Stars are looking at the Lakers and that 25 million that comes off the books after next season. I can see them plotting now.

"Must find way to LA"
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject:

styleripftw wrote:
We have a lot of bigs, definitely need to make room for Okafor. I hope we keep Ed Davis and give him more minutes than before.

I think he's is our best big currently
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Goodbye half ass bum.

Hmmm 99% of LG was pretty sure Hill wouldn't be coming back.

When the terms of his contract were announced it was obvious that it was a one year deal.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

Hill was nothing more than a cap hold. He isn't worth 10 mill a year. After the Lakers struck out on named FA, they essentially spent the extra to fill the cap and wait for next year (now this year). Unless someone believes that Russell is better than Townes/Okafor, I can't see the Lakers going with a guard at #2. Randall will need time and Black provides the right skills off of the bench, able to play PF & C as can Davis. Let Hill go (or if someone wants to offer up something) and keep Black & Davis. In fact Davis is the type of rim protector you can put next to Okafor if he could learn to shoot. Plus Davis too can play both forward & center.

Team is loaded with PF right now, but has no center and no wing.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

hoopla wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
The FO is obviously drafting a C and is fine with an Okafor/Black combo at the position. I think we keep all three picks as well, doesn't make sense to trade them when were rebuilding.
It makes perfectly good sense to trade one of those picks or even two of them. I need you guys to stop looking at the lakers like they are OKC or some other team in a small market that are not willing to pay players with high contracts. Thats why those teams go 100% youth movement. it's a cheap way to do things and they cant trust vets will stay with them beyond their rookie deals.

SO you keep stockpiling young guys on cheap contracts.

There isnt one team that does well with pretty much all kids. So why keep asking the lakers to rebuild with a team full of children? doesnt make sense. That's not the laker motto.

I understand your insistence that no team is winning with youth. You are correct. But look back at the majority of successful teams. They have a core group drafted 3-5 years before that are the impact players when they start winning. Or were instrumental in the trades that added a core piece to the puzzle. But most had a youth/talent movement to kick start the franchise.

The expectations of " Lakers Way" has to change. They have not ever been this bad before. The CBA is different them past Laker rebuilds.The business plan has to change to reflect this.

Lakers have limited resources this year. Approximately $23M. Maybe up to $28M if Young can be traded for a usable asset. How many impact players do you realistically see being added? The roster will still need to be filled. The more marquee the players the more likely the Lakers will have to rely on rookies or vet minimum players to contribute around them.

The whole point of the rebuild is to make the Lakers a desirable destination after Kobe leaves and the cap increases. This year is about building that foundation and respectability.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject:

^ we are rebuilding. We will likely have 5-6 rookies or 2nd year players. How many more do we need?
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject:

tom wrote:
Hill I believe is gone,but why trade Sacre? He's on a cheap contract and our new rookie big will need a back-up.

Because Sacre is pure trash. He doesnt belong in the NBA. We can easily draft a much better backup C with our 34th pick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: