Kobe's Greatness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject:

he made it to th finals (yet again, 5th straight time). But that shouldnt be a suprise for the "worlds greatest player". Being in a weakkkkkkkk Eastern Conf, plus for the past 5 season's he's had Wade/ Bosh and Now Kyrie & Love (partially), along with a great supporting cast who some might be starters on some teams. This guy is over-rated when it comes to greatness.

If KB played in the East with the Shaq era, then the Pau era teams, along with PJ as the coach, I can easily see him having around 6-9 titles.

LBJ is a ring chasing chump who wants the easiest rout to greatness.

KB , Duncan , MJ > LBJ anyday.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Well said, 2005-2006 Kobe in the eastern conference with even a mediocre team.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

hoopla wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
nash wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
Sting wrote:
Lebron 6 final appearances... Just one short of Kobe

3 short of Finals victories which is what actually matters.

Kobe is the greatest most spectacularly skilled player Ive ever seen. He's top 3 all time imo.

I love number 8, one of the most prolific scores ever, but you cant deny Bron efficience. The guy plays alone and brings his teans to finals every other year. No hate here.

Imagine Kobe in the Leastern Conference from 2005>>>>
No hate here either. But imagine.
in this new soft era of "dont lock anyone down."

kobe would've terrorized the eastern conference. kobe could've taken that same sorry kwame brown and b.cook team into a 4th to 5th spot in the weak east with that kind of world class effort. and probably could've knocked off just about any team in the east. imagine kobe and that terrible group getting to the finals and getting blasted by the spurs. But the story would be "look at kobe take these chumps to the finals." when in reality its kobe in the terrible conference. taking these chumps into the finals. Context is key.

Some true laker fans will accuse you of woulda shouda coulda...
dablackmamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject:

This is my favorite Kobe mix of all time; just well put together. It's a shame it came out before HD become a staple for vids on YouTube.
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
This is one of my favorites.

Hard to believe this was just 2 years ago!
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject:

dablackmamba wrote:
https://youtu.be/swgKt5GsKVA

This is my favorite Kobe mix of all time; just well put together. It's a shame it came out before HD become a staple for vids on YouTube.

Pretty epic mix I like when the Phoenix crowd is chanting "Kobe sucks" and he's cupping his ear feeding off the hate lol
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:

One of my all time fave moments.

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

dablackmamba wrote:

EPIC! Even with the terrible video quality. Somehow Em tracts and Kobe highlights just seem to go together. And I agree that I loved the Phoenix crow shouting "Kobe Sucks" while Kobe cupped his ear was awesome!

Never another like him.
grovestreetmassacre
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
dablackmamba wrote:

EPIC! Even with the terrible video quality. Somehow Em tracts and Kobe highlights just seem to go together. And I agree that I loved the Phoenix crow shouting "Kobe Sucks" while Kobe cupped his ear was awesome!

Never another like him.

He's soooooooo dreamy
FlyingSpur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

how many great defenders and teams Kobe had to face to get to where he is now ???

man the list is just HUGE

i remember reggie miller and rose team at indy

i remember allen iverson and the 76ers

i remember chris whipper and the kings

i remember duncon wow freaking duncon and the spurs

i remember steve nash and the suns

Portland and their pipen plan

shaq at one point with the suns and the heat

how many of these guys kobe just stole their championship dreams

i might be forgotten more but to me if im freaking an elite player i would love to face those kind of legends rather than the hawks ( i have no idea who plays for that team btw )

give me any of the Lakers championship teams and let them bring any of lebron championship teams and lets go. they wont stand a chance.
andrewc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Any of yalls see Kobe's muse? Ohh mannn that got me believin again.
BruceLeroy1985
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
Top 10? You must be kidding.

I think he is kidding. Top 5 is more like it.
business101
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

check my sig if you want to know where Kobe stands on the GOAT list.
BruceLeroy1985
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Also, remember what Pat Riley said when talking about Kobe. I am paraphrasing here but he said "You have Jordan as 1A Kobe as 1B then everyone else."
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
Sting wrote:

Kobe is the greatest most spectacularly skilled player Ive ever seen. He's top 3 all time imo.

I love number 8, one of the most prolific scores ever, but you cant deny Bron efficience. The guy plays alone and brings his teans to finals every other year. No hate here.

No truth here either
LakerChampionTradition
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
nash wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
Sting wrote:

No truth here either

2 things against Labron.

1. He played in the Leastern Conference. Cake walk to Finals.

2. Had to team up with 2 other superstars to win. Yet got stopped twice by the West (Dallas and San Antonio)

He wouldn't have had so much success if he played in the West.

Kobe did it in the West. 5 titles. 7 NBA Finals.
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Kobes true potential was never maximized due to the Buss family issues.
They wasted on two occasions 2005-2006 Kobe and the Last 2011-2012 Kobe with the failed Jim Buss experiments( seeing if he could be daddy’s boy and take over the team). The Lakers FO has held back Kobe more so than anyone wants to admit. The theory is that Kobe took that huge payday because he didn’t trust the Buss family feud with building a better team around him and 2 years later looks like he was right.
FlyingSpur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:39 am    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:
They wasted on two occasions 2005-2006 Kobe and the Last 2011-2012 Kobe with the failed Jim Buss experiments( seeing if he could be daddy’s boy and take over the team). The Lakers FO has held back Kobe more so than anyone wants to admit. The theory is that Kobe took that huge payday because he didn’t trust the Buss family feud with building a better team around him and 2 years later looks like he was right.

lebron tried cavs failed miserably

then team-uped with bush and wade in a week az$ eastern conference played 3 seasons.

burned the heat ships and jumped on the cavs due to their advantage with salary cap and talents to help him win. + weak az$ eastern conference.

trust me he will not stop. if he lose this finals he will think seriously to go to a better team. mark my words.

if he lose this year finals he will never win a championship again, and he knows it.

i dont know why the media not picking these up and actually laying down the red carpet for him.
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject:

FlyingSpur wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

then team-uped with bush and wade in a week az$ eastern conference played 3 seasons.

burned the heat ships and jumped on the cavs due to their advantage with salary cap and talents to help him win. + weak az$ eastern conference.

trust me he will not stop. if he lose this finals he will think seriously to go to a better team. mark my words.

if he lose this year finals he will never win a championship again, and he knows it.

i dont know why the media not picking these up and actually laying down the red carpet for him.

And I agree the east conf is joke . But somethings got to be said that LBJ can get any medcore coach to the finals.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject:

FlyingSpur wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

Because the degree to which you're making your argument isn't one that the media (nor I) share.

Yes, Lebron teamed up with Wade and Bosh. What happened to Miami after that? Before that? Since the East is so weak, why wasn't Miami a contender this year? Why weren't the Cavs a contender last year? The East was just as weak last year, why couldn't the Cavs win 50 games? What gives? Platt? Lmao.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
FlyingSpur wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

Because the degree to which you're making your argument isn't one that the media (nor I) share.

Yes, Lebron teamed up with Wade and Bosh. What happened to Miami after that? Before that? Since the East is so weak, why wasn't Miami a contender this year? Why weren't the Cavs a contender last year? The East was just as weak last year, why couldn't the Cavs win 50 games? What gives? Platt? Lmao.

The Heat weren't a contender this year because Dwyane Wade is on his last legs and Chris Bosh missed most of the season, but you already knew that.

The Cavs weren't a contender last year because they didn't have Lebron James, Kevin Love, JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, and Timofey Mozgov. Stop acting like Lebron is the only difference between the two teams.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:

You are right in your analysis.

However, in the end, Kobe got five rings.

That is impressive enough.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject:

Lakers2001 wrote:

So the ultimate competitor chose to sit back and collect paychecks and stay on the dysfunctional Lakers team? Not sure that's the kind of narrative even Kobe would support.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
FlyingSpur wrote:
Lakers2001 wrote:

The Heat weren't a contender this year because Dwyane Wade is on his last legs and Chris Bosh missed most of the season, but you already knew that.

The Cavs weren't a contender last year because they didn't have Lebron James, Kevin Love, JR Smith, Iman Shumpert, and Timofey Mozgov. Stop acting like Lebron is the only difference between the two teams.

So prior to the season starting, you had the Heat coming out of that weak East?

What does what the Cavs had last year, have anything to do with reachign the ECF? The East is JV, anyone should be able to get to ECF. Are you you saying you have to have the equivalent of Lebron + Love + Smith + Shumpert + Mozgov + Irving to get there? Yikes, doesn't sound too easy!

Lebron isn't the only difference. He's the main/primary difference.

For which combo of players in that list above would you give up the #2 pick for? None right? Yeah me neither.

I think we ought to just give the appropriate credit when it is due instead of trying to make it seem like everyone else sucks to prop up our own player. It makes that player seem weaker, not stronger.

Last edited by ringfinger on Thu May 28, 2015 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject:

One of my favorite Kobe games of all time

Feb 1, 2008 - Kobe Bryant 46 points 19-28 FG 7 rebounds vs Raptors

This was the day the Lakers traded for Pau Gasol and Kobe came out in full GOAT mode. 3 straight trips to the finals followed.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 5 of 33
Jump to: