Why do people say "Nobody wants to play with Kobe/ Lakers?"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Nupe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Why do people say "Nobody wants to play with Kobe/ Lakers?"

Where did this notion come from? What freeagent stated that they didn't want to play with Kobe or come to the lakers. What about the notion that free agents don't want to come to LA. The only freeagents that turned down the Lakers were Lebron who went "home" to another stacked team, and Melo who took the money to stay in NY. Houston didn't get bosh and they had a young squad with 2 stars. Dallas only got Parsons who was terrible this year. The Spurs Never get anybodY. So where is this coming from? Is it media driven to Blame Jim Buss or what?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject:

I think it's more an attempt to explain why players don't go out of their way to come here.

In the Shaq era, some did. And by going out of their way I mean, take a pay cut or come here specifically to play with Kobe.

I don't think players specifically don't want to come here (I think that's overblown), I think it's more that they didn't specifically want to come here. If that makes sense.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject:

Mainly media driven because some of these people have bias against Kobe or want to use lazy narratives. If we were a legit championship team the last couple of years, this narrative wouldn't even exist. But now that Kobe's old often injured and the lakers suck, people want to take whatever pot shots they can.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

Henry Abbott
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Nobody wants to play with Kobe/ Lakers

King Nupe wrote:
Where did this notion come from? What freeagent stated that they didn't want to play with Kobe or come to the lakers. What about the notion that free agents don't want to come to LA. The only freeagents that turned down the Lakers were Lebron who went "home" to another stacked team, and Melo who took the money to stay in NY. Houston didn't get bosh and they had a young squad with 2 stars. Dallas only got Parsons who was terrible this year. The Spurs Never get anybodY. So where is this coming from? Is it media driven to Blame Jim Buss or what?

ill be honest with you... I don't think current Kobe can take those cavs to the finals... I hate to admit this love him or hate him... Lebron will be a top 5 player when its all said and done.. what he did against Atlanta without Kyrie and Love was amazing
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Mainly media driven because some of these people have bias against Kobe or want to use lazy narratives. If we were a legit championship team the last couple of years, this narrative wouldn't even exist. But now that Kobe's old often injured and the lakers suck, people want to take whatever pot shots they can.

This. The vultures over at ESPN are always silent when they can't skew the narrative to fit their agenda.

Just because Dwight made a huge scene over leaving doesn't mean that nobody wants to play here. The situation that clown caused is an anomaly.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
Henry Abbott

Henry Abbott probably watches tape of Kobe ripping up his Jailblazers as inspiration for every Kobe piece.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Nobody wants to play with Kobe/ Lakers

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
King Nupe wrote:

ill be honest with you... I don't think current Kobe can take those cavs to the finals... I hate to admit this love him or hate him... Lebron will be a top 5 player when its all said and done.. what he did against Atlanta without Kyrie and Love was amazing

Why current Kobe? Could a 36year old Lebron do it? We may never find out.

What Lebron did was spectacular. He is a HoF player. But the better question is could a 29 year old dominant Kobe lead the the Cavs in this playoff run.

IMO yes. In a different way but yes.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Nobody wants to play with Kobe/ Lakers

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
King Nupe wrote:

LeBron is doing amazing things on the basketball court that leave me in awe. However, why are you comparing a 36-year old Kobe to a 30-year old LeBron? Of course LeBron in his prime is going to win that argument every single time.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject:

Nice clickbait title.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject:

Like Jeanie said, "Only losers wouldn't want to play with Kobe aND for the Lakers."
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I think reality and history are the sources of this notion.
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject:

It's not that players think Kobe stinks or some thing. It just they don't want to be on a team were no offense to my fellow Kobe fans. A over the hill Hall of Famer still jacking up 20-30 shots a game.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Payton, Malone, Artest, Fisher, Matt Barnes proved otherwise.

Rondo would play with Kobe.

Kevin Durant disagrees with you.

[url=http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/12/16/kevin-durant-kobe-bryant-lakers/20506671/][/url]

Shaq, Gasol, Odom didn't seem to have any problem with going to multiple Finals and winning rings.

But I guess little "facts" like the Lakers being capped out for most of Kobe's Lakers tenure (thus them not really being free agent players until just recently) have nothing to do with "free agents not coming to play with Kobe". Or the fact that rules are made to encourage players to resign with their original teams.

Hey, no star signed with Houston this last offseason so I guess that "proves" no one wants to play with Harden/Howard.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

[url=http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/12/16/kevin-durant-kobe-bryant-lakers/20506671/][/url]

Shaq, Gasol, Odom didn't seem to have any problem with going to multiple Finals and winning rings.

But I guess little "facts" like the Lakers being capped out for most of Kobe's Lakers tenure (thus them not really being free agent players until just recently) have nothing to do with "free agents not coming to play with Kobe". Or the fact that rules are made to encourage players to resign with their original teams.

Hey, no star signed with Houston this last offseason so I guess that "proves" no one wants to play with Harden/Howard.

ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
Batguano wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

End thread right there.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Nobody wants to play with Kobe/ Lakers

24KaratGold wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
King Nupe wrote:

LeBron is doing amazing things on the basketball court that leave me in awe. However, why are you comparing a 36-year old Kobe to a 30-year old LeBron? Of course LeBron in his prime is going to win that argument every single time.

do you think prime Lebron could have beat the 06 suns with that Laker squad and phil Jackson?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Nobody wants to play with Kobe/ Lakers

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
King Nupe wrote:

do you think prime Lebron could have beat the 06 suns with that Laker squad and phil Jackson?

Suns would win in 4 or 5 games.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject:

(1) Because Shaq's departure
(2) Haven't signed an all-star

Rapper Nelly made this statement on NBA first take, and it's obvious he doesn't understand the NBA salary cap.

If the Lakers sign an all-star it's going to be because Kobe is old and that he's only his way out.
exempt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Nobody wants to play with Kobe/ Lakers

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
King Nupe wrote:

NO. Nash and Barbosa torched our Pgs
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject:

It doesn't matter, Kobe won't be here long.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

is this thread serious? it's 4 months too late
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
Henry Abbott

'Nuff said

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Nobody wants to play with Kobe/ Lakers

Megaton wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
King Nupe wrote:

Suns would win in 4 or 5 games.

2 games. Lebron is that bad.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject:

I know, I know.
The Cowards of NBA dont wanna play with Kobe.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: