heard Collin Cowherd mentioned K Love will sign with Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

he has played in slightly less than 75% of the games he's been eligible to play for in his career. And that's not counting the additional 3-4 months he's going to miss after this season ends.

If you're banking on him being ready to go and remain healthy next season after all his back issues this year, more power to you

inaccurate:
'08-'09 81
'09-'10 60
'10-'11 73
'11-'12 55(Shorten season)
'12-'13 18(Broken hand and then 2 bones)
'13-'14 77
'14-'15 75

are they playing any games in the 3/4months he is going to miss after season ends? lol no

also fyi: his injury to his left hand. he shoots with his right hand, passes with his right hand and dribbles with his right hand

inaccurate?

He has played in 443 games out of a possible 572 games (this includes this year's playoffs so far)

So 77%. I was off in my memory by 2% sue me

But yeah, I'm not banking on a guy who averages playing 3 out of every 4 games. Especially with how he looked this year leaving games early with back problems. AND especially since he is hurt as we speak. That's another summer he can't use to improve his game

so you are going to punish him for 1 yr that he played only 20games? for the remaining yrs?

please thats looking to me like twisting the argument to bend it on ur side.

the real pecentages are:

'08-'09 81 99%
'09-'10 60 73%
'10-'11 73 90%
'11-'12 55(Shorten season) 85%
'12-'13 18(Broken hand and then 2 bones) 22%
'13-'14 77 95%
'14-'15 75 92%

its yr by yr. not all games/yrs played
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
We only have about $22.5M in cap space this summer. We have major holes (the biggest being SF and C). Why spend $19M of that on a guy who doesn't address either one?

I think people are getting all hyped up thinking about the talent Love brings instead of what the Lakers need.

We need a legit shotblocking, rebounding Center, legit SF and a backup PG/SG.

We have draft picks and free agent money. Where is the problem?

Plan A:
1) Draft D'Angelo Russell (best backcourt player in college basketball)
2) Trade two late picks to move up in the 1st and draft best available SF
3) Go hard after a legit Center in free agency (a lot of Centers in this free agent year)

Plan B:
1) Pull off a trade with Minnesota to secure Towns
2) Sign free agent Rondo to solidify the PG position
3) Sign quality backup Center

Plan C:
1) Draft Okafor
3) Sign free agent Rondo to solidify the PG position and bench help
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

so you are going to punish him for 1 yr that he played only 20games? for the remaining yrs?

please thats looking to me like twisting the argument to bend it on ur side.

the real pecentages are:

'08-'09 81 99%
'09-'10 60 73%
'10-'11 73 90%
'11-'12 55(Shorten season) 85%
'12-'13 18(Broken hand and then 2 bones) 22%
'13-'14 77 95%
'14-'15 75 92%

its yr by yr. not all games/yrs played

twisting the argument? It's just fact. He's played in 77% of the games he's been eligible for.

He's injured now.

Sorry, idk what you want from me.

Even if we do sign him, I'll be rooting for the guy. And I'll try to resist posting a PnP style "I told you so thread" when he gets hurt. It'll probably get locked anyways
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
Quote:
We only have about $22.5M in cap space this summer. We have major holes (the biggest being SF and C). Why spend $19M of that on a guy who doesn't address either one?

I think people are getting all hyped up thinking about the talent Love brings instead of what the Lakers need.

Plan A:
3) Go hard after a legit Center in free agency (a lot of Centers in this free agent year)

Plan B:

Plan C:
1) Draft Okafor

I agree with what you're saying except for the sign Rondo part
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
Quote:

Plan A:

Plan B:

Plan C:
1) Draft Okafor

Because you need talent to win in the NBA. Step one is to get the talent. Once you have talent, then you worry about fit and what you need after that. Love doesn't stop us from getting a SF in the draft or drafting one of the centers in the draft anyways. The only thing it does is make it harder to sign Rondo which is a risk worth taking after watching Rondo this year.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

twisting the argument? It's just fact. He's played in 77% of the games he's been eligible for.

He's injured now.

Even if we do sign him, I'll be rooting for the guy. And I'll try to resist posting a PnP style "I told you so thread" when he gets hurt. It'll probably get locked anyways

give the guy credit for averaging 25/13 for 2yrs and 17/10 for this yr being 3rd option.

also not predict that he is going to be injury prone as he ages. nobody can predict that.

i dont care if we sign the guy but he is a great all star level talent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

He's injured now.

give the guy credit for averaging 25/13 for 2yrs and 17/10 for this yr being 3rd option.

also not predict that he is going to be injury prone as he ages. nobody can predict that.

Fine. Kevin Love gets credit for averaging 26.1 pts and 12.5 rpg on a team that failed to make the playoffs.

And he averaged 16.4 pts and 9.7 rpg this year on the Cavs. His presence has yet to be missed in their finals run so far.

Happy?

love ya jim
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
Quote:

Plan A:

Plan B:

Plan C:
1) Draft Okafor

mine would be Plan C with a twist
Draft Okafor
trade 27th for henson
Sign Love/LMA to max
sign deng or t harris by doing a s&t with heat or magic. young, kelly + asset. preference is T Harris

henson
love
t harris
kobe
clarkson
PG, ellington, sf, randle, okafor as bench
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

He's injured now.

Fine. Kevin Love gets credit for averaging 26.1 pts and 12.5 rpg on a team that failed to make the playoffs.

And he averaged 16.4 pts and 9.7 rpg this year on the Cavs. His presence has yet to be missed in their finals run so far.

Happy?

love ya jim

Look, who was going to beat the Cavs in the East? Boston? An Atlanta team so riddled with injuries that it wouldn't beat the #11 team in the West? The only team with an actual chance to compete against the Cavs was the Bulls, and they were an eyelash away from taking a 3-1 lead in that series on the Cavs. If you want to argue against Love from an injury perspective, that's fair. However, I'm not sure what more you expected from him, from a production standpoint, this season on their team, considering that they obviously marginalized him. And it's just not fair to say "they don't miss him" because they have had a comically easy draw in 2 of their 3 playoff rounds so far. Irving has also been a shell of himself for most of the playoffs, and it hasn't really cost them (other than, again, in the Bulls series where they were almost down 3-1). And Tristan Thompson is a nice player and all, but he is not even close to as good as Kevin Love, who is a top 20 player in this league.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

We could use that $22m on positions that we really need and some defensive help. Signing Love would be a huge mistake. We dodged a bullet with Melo, it'll be the same with Love.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
We could use that $22m on positions that we really need and some defensive help. Signing Love would be a huge mistake. We dodged a bullet with Melo, it'll be the same with Love.

Not quite the same thing. Love can do a lot more things than Melo can, who is essentially a volume scorer and not much else. But Love does have the injury issues, I can't deny that. I still think he's the most talented player we can realistically expect to get this offseason and I think he can get the ball rolling on getting other stars to come here in the next 2 offseasons.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
22 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

He's injured now.

Happy?

love ya jim

Look, who was going to beat the Cavs in the East? Boston? An Atlanta team so riddled with injuries that it wouldn't beat the #11 team in the West? The only team with an actual chance to compete against the Cavs was the Bulls, and they were an eyelash away from taking a 3-1 lead in that series on the Cavs. If you want to argue against Love from an injury perspective, that's fair. However, I'm not sure what more you expected from him, from a production standpoint, this season on their team, considering that they obviously marginalized him. And it's just not fair to say "they don't miss him" because they have had a comically easy draw in 2 of their 3 playoff rounds so far. Irving has also been a shell of himself for most of the playoffs, and it hasn't really cost them (other than, again, in the Bulls series where they were almost down 3-1). And Tristan Thompson is a nice player and all, but he is not even close to as good as Kevin Love, who is a top 20 player in this league.

Just stating facts. And I haven't even been harping on Love's performance this year. I thought he did ok. Not great, but not terrible. Just alright. Certianly not enough for me to want to risk $19M. And his injury concerns to boot? No gracias.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

Most importantly, I don't project him to be healthy as he ages.

on what basis this project is made? because of him break his hand and missing 75% of 1 season?

his game is such that he would age graciously. He is not a crash and burn player like Westbrook or wade in his prime.

nobody can project the future. cause of ankle issues curry got 11mil/yr and now he is the league MVP.

The problem is that Love won't be healthy when we would have to offer him a contract (assuming he opts out). That is a big, big concern.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Not quite the same thing. Love can do a lot more things than Melo can, who is essentially a volume scorer and not much else. But Love does have the injury issues, I can't deny that. I still think he's the most talented player we can realistically expect to get this offseason and I think he can get the ball rolling on getting other stars to come here in the next 2 offseasons.
Melo is better then Love. He's led the Nuggets to the playoffs every year and a trip to the WCF. Sometimes it's not all about talent but fit. Love isn't a good fit with the Cavs and wouldn't be for the Lakers with the two bigs.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

he has played in slightly less than 75% of the games he's been eligible to play for in his career. And that's not counting the additional 3-4 months he's going to miss after this season ends.

If you're banking on him being ready to go and remain healthy next season after all his back issues this year, more power to you

inaccurate:
'08-'09 81
'09-'10 60
'10-'11 73
'13-'14 77
'14-'15 75

are they playing any games in the 3/4months he is going to miss after season ends? lol no

also fyi: his injury to his left hand. he shoots with his right hand, passes with his right hand and dribbles with his right hand

inaccurate?

He has played in 443 games out of a possible 572 games (this includes this year's playoffs so far)

But yeah, I'm not banking on a guy who averages playing 3 out of every 4 games. Especially with how he looked this year leaving games early with back problems. AND especially since he is hurt as we speak. That's another summer he can't use to improve his game

Your "injury prone" statement is disingenuous! You picked a "total" number of games to skew everything.

If this was the case then I'd say Kobe Bryant has been injury prone throughout his career??? The broken hand in 2012/13 really accounts for 50% of the games he's missed throughout his career, take those away and the guy has played 500 of 572 games... yeah 87% isn't bad is it! That's 71 games on average each season.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Odds are Love would sign one of those 2-year player option deals to take advantage of the rising cap. I'd much rather pay for a year or two of Love's late 20s than five years of another player's 30s.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
22 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

inaccurate:
'08-'09 81
'09-'10 60
'10-'11 73
'13-'14 77
'14-'15 75

inaccurate?

Your "injury prone" statement is disingenuous! You picked a "total" number of games to skew everything.

If this was the case then I'd say Kobe Bryant has been injury prone throughout his career??? The broken hand in 2012/13 really accounts for 50% of the games he's missed throughout his career, take those away and the guy has played 500 of 572 games... yeah 87% isn't bad is it! That's 71 games on average each season.
Newsflash....after the 2012/13 season Kobe has been injury prone lol
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

on what basis this project is made? because of him break his hand and missing 75% of 1 season?

his game is such that he would age graciously. He is not a crash and burn player like Westbrook or wade in his prime.

nobody can project the future. cause of ankle issues curry got 11mil/yr and now he is the league MVP.

The problem is that Love won't be healthy when we would have to offer him a contract (assuming he opts out). That is a big, big concern.

yet we still traded for Dwight and were offering him max when his contract was us
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Melo is better then Love. He's led the Nuggets to the playoffs every year and a trip to the WCF. Sometimes it's not all about talent but fit. Love isn't a good fit with the Cavs and wouldn't be for the Lakers with the two bigs.

melo had help in big shot billups, K mart, Nene, birdman when they went to WCF.

who did Love have on his roster?
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
That idiot doesn't know anything. He also said last off season that Melo was coming to the Lakers.

He just regurgitates rumors that are already circulating.

I agree Cowheard only hears LeBron's farts, Love is not in the Lakers' plans.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Melo was the best player on the Nuggets team. Billups was past his prime and the others were role players. If it wasn't for Kobe he would have a ring by now. He was great in the WCF, nearly unguardable. Kobe was just in his prime. Love is nowhere near the player prime Melo was.
MagicMayun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject:

81 wrote:
Odds are Love would sign one of those 2-year player option deals to take advantage of the rising cap. I'd much rather pay for a year or two of Love's late 20s than five years of another player's 30s.

I don't want this to get lost in the verbal sparring. I think the Lakers would be foolish to pass an opportunity like this up if its available.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

yet we still traded for Dwight and were offering him max when his contract was us

Dwight hadn't been out for 6 months when we offered him that contract.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

Dwight hadn't been out for 6 months when we offered him that contract.

we traded for him & gave major assets for him while he was injured.

his issues were worst then Love. Back issue >>>>>non shooting shoulder injury
NotFromAroundHere937
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Love puts up stats, but theyre meanignless. I'd rather have someone that makes an impact.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 15 of 27
Jump to: