heard Collin Cowherd mentioned K Love will sign with Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
22 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

he has played in slightly less than 75% of the games he's been eligible to play for in his career. And that's not counting the additional 3-4 months he's going to miss after this season ends.

If you're banking on him being ready to go and remain healthy next season after all his back issues this year, more power to you

inaccurate:
'08-'09 81
'09-'10 60
'10-'11 73
'11-'12 55(Shorten season)
'12-'13 18(Broken hand and then 2 bones)
'13-'14 77
'14-'15 75

are they playing any games in the 3/4months he is going to miss after season ends? lol no

also fyi: his injury to his left hand. he shoots with his right hand, passes with his right hand and dribbles with his right hand

inaccurate?

He has played in 443 games out of a possible 572 games (this includes this year's playoffs so far)

So 77%. I was off in my memory by 2% sue me

But yeah, I'm not banking on a guy who averages playing 3 out of every 4 games. Especially with how he looked this year leaving games early with back problems. AND especially since he is hurt as we speak. That's another summer he can't use to improve his game

Your "injury prone" statement is disingenuous! You picked a "total" number of games to skew everything.

If this was the case then I'd say Kobe Bryant has been injury prone throughout his career??? The broken hand in 2012/13 really accounts for 50% of the games he's missed throughout his career, take those away and the guy has played 500 of 572 games... yeah 87% isn't bad is it! That's 71 games on average each season.
Newsflash....after the 2012/13 season Kobe has been injury prone lol

News flash Love HAS NEVER BEEN injury prone except for the broken hand season.

Also, 99% of people would be injured if somebody locked your arm and pulled it in the opposite direction.

Thanks and have a great day!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

Also, 99% of people would be injured if somebody locked your arm and pulled it in the opposite direction.

except holding and grabbing/locking up arms happens everyday in the game of basketball, and people don't get their shoulders dislocated often.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

except holding and grabbing/locking up arms happens everyday in the game of basketball, and people don't get their shoulders dislocated often.

So does jumping in the air without breaking one's leg?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

please now you arguing for the sake of arguing. we all saw the video and we all know the guy made a dirty play.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

So does jumping in the air without breaking one's leg?

I'm sorry, am I trying to sign Randle for $19M? Or is he already on the team with a rookie K? Apples =/ oranges
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

please now you arguing for the sake of arguing. we all saw the video and we all know the guy made a dirty play.

actually many disagree on whether it was dirty or not.

Doesn't really matter though. Dude is injured. Again.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

You are right. Now go look at the replay when Love got his injury and tell us that is the same thing that happens every day in the game of basketball.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

many? lol maybe 99% of them want Randle to start at pf for the lakers i believe
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

Most importantly, I don't project him to be healthy as he ages.

on what basis this project is made? because of him break his hand and missing 75% of 1 season?

his game is such that he would age graciously. He is not a crash and burn player like Westbrook or wade in his prime.

nobody can project the future. cause of ankle issues curry got 11mil/yr and now he is the league MVP.

The problem is that Love won't be healthy when we would have to offer him a contract (assuming he opts out). That is a big, big concern.

yet we still traded for Dwight and were offering him max when his contract was us

Dwight hadn't been out for 6 months when we offered him that contract.

we traded for him & gave major assets for him while he was injured.

his issues were worst then Love. Back issue >>>>>non shooting shoulder injury

I don't know that I would agree with major assets. He came pretty damn cheap. If back injuries are that bad, don't forget that is one of Love's problems, he had been talking about surgery after the season to repair his.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:

many? lol maybe 99% of them want Randle to start at pf for the lakers i believe

Barkley and Kenny Smith want Randle to start at PF for the Lakers ?
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Link.

Comments.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Okafor, Love.. lets put Young at starting SF. 37 year old Kobe as SG. We'll lead the NBA in most points allowed guaranteed.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
22 wrote:

Most importantly, I don't project him to be healthy as he ages.

on what basis this project is made? because of him break his hand and missing 75% of 1 season?

his game is such that he would age graciously. He is not a crash and burn player like Westbrook or wade in his prime.

nobody can project the future. cause of ankle issues curry got 11mil/yr and now he is the league MVP.

The problem is that Love won't be healthy when we would have to offer him a contract (assuming he opts out). That is a big, big concern.

yet we still traded for Dwight and were offering him max when his contract was us

I don't know that I would agree with major assets. He came pretty damn cheap. If back injuries are that bad, don't forget that is one of Love's problems, he had been talking about surgery after the season to repair his.

after the fact and after 3yrs sure. but at that time we gave no #2 center for #1 center + 1st pick + some other assets.

thats a good deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Okafor, Love.. lets put Young at starting SF. 37 year old Kobe as SG. We'll lead the NBA in most points allowed guaranteed.

could be true
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Same thing if u replace randle with love as Randle is himself below average defender.

I know this by watching summer league and preseason
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
We could use that $22m on positions that we really need and some defensive help. Signing Love would be a huge mistake. We dodged a bullet with Melo, it'll be the same with Love.

Not quite the same thing. Love can do a lot more things than Melo can, who is essentially a volume scorer and not much else. But Love does have the injury issues, I can't deny that. I still think he's the most talented player we can realistically expect to get this offseason and I think he can get the ball rolling on getting other stars to come here in the next 2 offseasons.

Melo is better then Love. He's led the Nuggets to the playoffs every year and a trip to the WCF. Sometimes it's not all about talent but fit. Love isn't a good fit with the Cavs and wouldn't be for the Lakers with the two bigs.

He led the Nuggets to the playoffs in his prime and when he had a good knee. (And looking back, it's curious that Melo took the 5-year deal from NY last summer when he could have taken the 1+1 deal that LeBron did. Perhaps Melo knew he had a bad knee and wanted to just lock in what he could.) Look, I agree that Love has injury concerns, but at least he doesn't have a really bad knee. The bad back is an obvious worry for Love, though, as that could be the one thing that could become chronic for him. The other stuff, he's picked up nagging injuries, but nobody can say that this shoulder injury was the result of him being brittle. That was unavoidable. Most NBA players miss some games during seasons. It's the back injury that would scare me the most regarding Love. The shoulder injury isn't even to his shooting shoulder, it will heal, and he'll be fine in that regard. Love is a top 20 player. $19MM is third option money with the way the cap is going up. Plus, Love is almost certainly going to sign a 1+1 deal anyway. If he does break down, you aren't committed to him for that long. We have to take advantage of the cap space we have this offseason, no sense in punting it to next season, and Love is the best player we realistically have a chance to get. He would be our best player by a mile. And then the hope would be that we add a star or 2 in the next 2 offseasons and then, if he stayed, Love would be our third-best player. And this doesn't even take into account the possible emergence of Clarkson/Randle/top 2 pick. And if Love leaves, OK, now we have cap space again to pursue other stars.

Again, to echo something VLF said days ago, it's the back injury that is the concern with Love. Is that something that he can have surgery on and then that problem goes away, or is it going to be a chronic situation? We need to find that out. For example, Dwight had the back problem, had the surgery, and after a sluggish first part of his Laker tenure, his back has not been an issue. (Yes, he's naturally lost some athleticism, but his back is fine.) We need to find out if his back condition is easily fixable with surgery or if he just has a bad back that will always be a problem.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If we get Towns I'm far more comfortable with Love.

Folks complaining about Randle/Okafor defensively, Love/Okafor would be far worse.

I'm more concerned about Love and Okafor on defense myself. They would NEED to sign someone who would be a standout on inside defense, who could roam between Love and Okafor to help clog up the middle. If that guy was a good cutter and quick to the hoop, might be a great fit.

However on offense, Love and Okafor would be a great combination. Okafor will dominate inside and have a 6'10" guy to pass out to for those 20 foot layups!! I love that idea.

Find one more guard who can hit from outside with consistency and one guard who can play tough defense.

There are possibilities here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Same thing if u replace randle with love as Randle is himself below average defender.

I know this by watching summer league and preseason

Randle has plenty of time to improve his defense. Love's defense isn't nearly as bad as some want to think. He is top 10 in a few defensive categories compared to other PFs. But anything that involves foot speed or lateral quickness will be his weakness. For Randle it would be the opposite, he has the foot speed and lateral quickness to guard most PFs and many SFs.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
M2K wrote:
Quote:
We only have about $22.5M in cap space this summer. We have major holes (the biggest being SF and C). Why spend $19M of that on a guy who doesn't address either one?

I think people are getting all hyped up thinking about the talent Love brings instead of what the Lakers need.

We need a legit shotblocking, rebounding Center, legit SF and a backup PG/SG.

We have draft picks and free agent money. Where is the problem?

Plan A:
1) Draft D'Angelo Russell (best backcourt player in college basketball)
2) Trade two late picks to move up in the 1st and draft best available SF
3) Go hard after a legit Center in free agency (a lot of Centers in this free agent year)

Plan B:
1) Pull off a trade with Minnesota to secure Towns
2) Sign free agent Rondo to solidify the PG position
3) Sign quality backup Center

Plan C:
1) Draft Okafor
2) Trade two late picks to move up in the 1st and draft best available SF
3) Sign free agent Rondo to solidify the PG position and bench help

Because you need talent to win in the NBA. Step one is to get the talent. Once you have talent, then you worry about fit and what you need after that.

Like Randle hasn't shown any talent. We have talent and depth at the PF position. What we need is what we don't have... Center, SF and PG/SG.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Okafor and Love on the court... LOL... I guess we're spotting our opponents +30 points a night before the game starts. Talk about ZERO defense.
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Forget about Love. He won't go to non championship contender and his defense is not good to make up for Okafor. Get Thompson for cheaper. He is cleaning up the board for Cleveland but he probably won't be offered more than $13Million by Cleveland. Lakers can outbid Cleveland if Love stays with them. Thompson is much younger and can defend & rebound. He and Ed Davis will be great shot blocking bigs to help out Okafor and 'oldie' Kobe for their lack of defense.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Love is a max player. He hasn't been very reliable down the stretch and his health is suspect.

We're going to have 2 young players with potential to be superstars. Develop them.

Kobe's time has come and is going. Use the money we're going to get with his departure to get some quality FA to go with what we have.

We were one the oldest teams in the league. Presently we're one of the youngest. We only have 3 players over 30. Kobe, Boozer and Price.

Patience it the key. Jim may have a plan. Give him a chance.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed May 27, 2015 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

after the fact and after 3yrs sure. but at that time we gave no #2 center for #1 center + 1st pick + some other assets.

thats a good deal

I thought it was horrible at the time, but I didn't want Dwight, so there is the reason for that. But Bynum was done and I was surprised it only included one draft pick.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
Forget about Love. He won't go to non championship contender and his defense is not good to make up for Okafor. Get Thompson for cheaper. He is cleaning up the board for Cleveland but he probably won't be offered more than $13Million by Cleveland. Lakers can outbid Cleveland if Love stays with them. Thompson is much younger and can defend & rebound. He and Ed Davis will be great shot blocking bigs to help out Okafor and 'oldie' Kobe for their lack of defense.

Thompson is restricted, and that is usually someone to avoid. I still think we will pursue Aldridge and have a chance to land him.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

A lot of people making an assumption that number 2 will be Okafor. Not saying it won't be, but it is still very much an assumption at this point. I don't think it is a given that Minni takes Towns.

I'm not advocating for Love, just pointing out that people are basing their arguments on the purely hypothetical.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 16 of 27
Jump to: