Jared Dudley: "Most guys don't want to play with Kobe..would be surprised if Love goes there"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
epak wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi1tnG4r024

Actually, listening to the interview, he's not as condescending as I thought he was being while reading his written words.

Makes your realize how much tone of voice matters, and how much context matters. Listen to the interview. It's not as bad as it seemed.

I agree. Like he said, "you got to love Laker fans."

Basically, SlamOnline intentionally omitted the additional parts of what Dudley said to release an article pointedly making the entire thing worse.

Said that earlier, but it's basically bait spam. And with how riled up people are over this, they're getting what they want. I can actually agree with what he said to a degree beyond the triple double aspect to it.

Really don't think this is news, just people are using it as fuel to say whatever the hell they want under that umbrella of 'context'.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
No, Shaq was making around $23 mil when it was offered.

So? Shaq wanted 30 per

So the extension wasn't low balling him, it was similar to his current salary. Shaq did want more, that was why he asked the Lakers to trade him. But Dr. Buss' plan was to have both going forward.

Can you please reread what you wrote. SHaq wanted more but the extension wasn't lowballing him. If Shaq wanted 30 and Buss was only willing to give him 22.5, how is that not lowballing him? That whole scenario was about saving face. Regardless Shaq got traded, and Lakers management chose well.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Please lets not turn this into an anti Lebron topic...This is about no one wanting to play with Kobe....

Whoever is hating on Lebron really has no idea about basketball. If you personally hate Lebron because you believe he's a threat to Kobe's legacy...thats a you problem...The fact is Lebron is now going to his 5th straight NBA finals. He has resurrected JR Smith, Shumpert and Thompson career. Lebron is by far the best in the game right now.

Now lets continue with why no one wants to play with Kobe...which is really one players opinion.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's played with lots of great teammates throughout his career... Pau, Fisher, Ariza, Nash, LO, Drew, Metta, Shaq and Dwight. Who are the only two guys he didn't get along with? The mental midget and the guy with all the talent in the world and piss poor work ethic. No surprise at all. Kobe wasn't a good match for either.

As far as Melo...Melo wanted to get paid. If he wanted to play with Kobe, he'd be here. If he wanted to win, he'd be in Houston. But he wanted to get paid so he ran back to Phil (and probably ate up whatever fools gold Phil sold him on). Not a guy I want on my team, so not someone who's opinion I'll listen to.

As far as Dudley... Dude just wanted to get his name on the paper and he did just that congrats.

Nothing has changed.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Please lets not turn this into an anti Lebron topic...This is about no one wanting to play with Kobe....

Whoever is hating on Lebron really has no idea about basketball. If you personally hate Lebron because you believe he's a threat to Kobe's legacy...thats a you problem...The fact is Lebron is now going to his 5th straight NBA finals. He has resurrected JR Smith, Shumpert and Thompson career. Lebron is by far the best in the game right now.

Now lets continue with why no one wants to play with Kobe...which is really one players opinion.

Go back to Spurstalk or Realgm homey
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Dudley wouldn't just make something up like this. If Howard had said something similar then you could perceive it as hating but he has nothing against Kobe. He was just giving his opinion and other players opinions he talked too. It wasn't just about Kobe, he also talked about Kevin Love and how he's basically just an empty stats player.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Will you be jumping ship to Phil's Knicks and Melo then?

Nope. The truth is MJ was my favorite player but Phil has been my kinda coach. Despite what they had contributed to the franchise, the mgt decided to break the team. That was it. I guess the appreciation was not really there.

The Lakers seem to be a different organization. I am impressed by the generosity of Dr Buss towards his stars. He seemed to know how to appreciate the money makers who are loyal to Lakers. This is what separates Lakers from other. I am impressed. And the fact that Kobe has become the best player certainly bode well with me since MJ was gone.

Phil left on his own to NY. I don't follow him but will root for him if he is not playing against Laker. Kobe, Shaq and Lakers have stolen my heart here. Too bad they were made to be forever.

So, I have to choose while not being so ashamed to be called a bandwagoner. At least I am not pretending like those many true laker fans.

Don't have to be ashamed, but you can stop calling other posters' fandom into question. Your authority on that has been shot.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
just turn the page already. Kobe means nothing to us now, he's just playing out his last contract with the Lakers. he's not even worth this thread, we should concentrate on the draft and free agency more from this point on.

You should leave or shut up and leave your Kobe hatred somewhere else. Thanks!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Then he signed w/ Miami for $20M. Jerry could've easily gave him the $25M he wanted... but he CHOSE not to. Salary Cap was not as stringent in those days.

You did a masterful job of leaving out the incidents before Shaq "demanded" a trade to save face. Lets see the contract promise of $25M that Shaq claims Jerry made, Mitch openly saying at season's end that they would explore trading everyone except Kobe is untouchable, etc... you know little details.

The detail about how the Lakers and Shaq came to an agreement at mid season that he would be traded after the season since they couldn't come to terms on an extension? Both sides knew Shaq was gone long before the season was over. But that doesn't negate the fact that Dr. Buss wanted to keep both Kobe and Shaq.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it was a slip of the tongue when Mitch intimated that this may be Kobe's last year. It's right before free agency. Duh.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject:

It's probably true. If I were a player I wouldn't want to play with him, especially now. I don't see why people are so hurt about it. It doesn't mean Kobe isn't a great player. I bet if they asked Dudley, he'd say Kobe is one of the 10 best players of all time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
It's probably true. If I were a player I wouldn't want to play with him, especially now. I don't see why people are so hurt about it. It doesn't mean Kobe isn't a great player. I bet if they asked Dudley, he'd say Kobe is one of the 10 best players of all time.

Pretty much. He's a soon to be 37 year version of his HOF self that has played in 25% of the total games the past 2 seasons. There's just no way to respectfully state it if you're a current NBA player. Ergo that's why Mitch dropped the hint that Kobe is likely retiring. He needs some ,FAs in 2015 to join the team.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Then he signed w/ Miami for $20M. Jerry could've easily gave him the $25M he wanted... but he CHOSE not to. Salary Cap was not as stringent in those days.

You did a masterful job of leaving out the incidents before Shaq "demanded" a trade to save face. Lets see the contract promise of $25M that Shaq claims Jerry made, Mitch openly saying at season's end that they would explore trading everyone except Kobe is untouchable, etc... you know little details.

The detail about how the Lakers and Shaq came to an agreement at mid season that he would be traded after the season since they couldn't come to terms on an extension? Both sides knew Shaq was gone long before the season was over. But that doesn't negate the fact that Dr. Buss wanted to keep both Kobe and Shaq.

Once again, if he wanted to keep Shaq that bad why not pay him what he wanted? The answer is always Kobe. Kobe would have left if Shaq stayed. Whatever lipservice Dr Buss, Shaq or Kobe was putting out there we all know Kobe was gone if Shaq was extended. It's funny people were saying that it's all Kobe's fault why Shaq was traded. It's true. No ifs ands or buts about it. Thank god he was traded or we wouldn't have won another championship for awhile.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Who cares about what this scrub has to say?

Precisely. What a gimp.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Most guys do not want to play with Kobe. Just like most guys who play in the league that will never win. They will all get paid, but never win. Makes sense.

so playing with Kobe = winning titles? LeBron i'd agree, not with Kobe, not even close

Lebron is 2/5 in the NBA Finals and could be 2/6 real soon.

well he can be 3/6 playing in the leastern conference. lucky mustard, if you wanna put it differently. kobe prolly would have 12 finals playing there.

as kobe said he and mj went thru different paths.

LeBron has been walking the easiest paths.

Not only has Lebron been playing in a historically bad Eastern conference his entire career but his success in Miami was predicated on joining a superteam with 2 other in their prime hall of famers and Ray Allen. Then that ship starts to sink and he creates another in their prime superteam in Cleveland with Kyrie and Love.

And made the Finals without either.

Not really. Love has missed two playoff series and Kyrie's missed 3 games? 4 games? He still had them for the whole regular season and most of the playoffs (in Kyrie's case). If he played the whole season without them Cleveland wouldn't be sniffing the Finals. They would have been a 6 or 7 seed and first round loser.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

24ways2die wrote:
Most guys don't want to play with Kobe because he is 36 years old. if he were in his prime things would be different.

Great point I agree with you. Let's say this was prime Kobe 7-8 years ago players would flock to LA to play with Kobe he was best player in the game for 3-4 years and top 5 for majority of his career his longevity is unmatched by most players in NBA history.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

just watched the interview. what a dunce.

Melo needs to get past the 1st round of the playoffs? Was Dudley even in the league for the Lakers Nuggets series?

cmon bro
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
just watched the interview. what a dunce.

Melo needs to get past the 1st round of the playoffs? Was Dudley even in the league for the Lakers Nuggets series?

cmon bro

Yup even Melo made the WCF
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Once again, if he wanted to keep Shaq that bad why not pay him what he wanted? The answer is always Kobe. Kobe would have left if Shaq stayed. Whatever lipservice Dr Buss, Shaq or Kobe was putting out there we all know Kobe was gone if Shaq was extended. It's funny people were saying that it's all Kobe's fault why Shaq was traded. It's true. No ifs ands or buts about it. Thank god he was traded or we wouldn't have won another championship for awhile.

I don't know if you work with a budget, but the Lakers do. They offered Shaq the going market rate, that is entirely different than letting Shaq write their check for them. Just a little common sense. And yes, Kobe had nothing to do with it.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Vishnu wrote:

Pretty much. He's a soon to be 37 year version of his HOF self that has played in 25% of the total games the past 2 seasons. There's just no way to respectfully state it if you're a current NBA player. Ergo that's why Mitch dropped the hint that Kobe is likely retiring. He needs some ,FAs in 2015 to join the team.

Ah, nice catch. That could be the reason behind Mitch's comment.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
just turn the page already. Kobe means nothing to us now, he's just playing out his last contract with the Lakers. he's not even worth this thread, we should concentrate on the draft and free agency more from this point on.

Speak for yourself man. Better yet, don't speak at all.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Speak for yourself man. Better yet, don't speak at all.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't know if you work with a budget, but the Lakers do. They offered Shaq the going market rate, that is entirely different than letting Shaq write their check for them. Just a little common sense. And yes, Kobe had nothing to do with it.

Yep. It really was the economics of it and the rift that Shaq drove into the situation with the whole "PAY MEEE!" schtick. They offered Shaq exactly what they should have under the circumstances - he still would have been the highest paid player in the league with was Doc Buss offered. There was no reason to over pay for a guy who was starting the downside of his career and making it clear he was going to do the minimum from there on out. They were basing their offer on Shaq.

More importantly, they had NO guarantees that Kobe was going to stay if Shaq left.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Dudley makes a better analyst than a player
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject:

The problem with how people interpret statements from guys like Dudley is that Kobe should undoubtedly get the respect of all basketball fans. However from a fellow teammate, sign-a-4 year-deal, "is he ready to compete against guys like klay/Steph" level, people should listen carefully to Dudley since there are free agents like him who don't have the balls to come out and say it but wonder.

So there is a conflation of admiration for Kobe and whether he is ready to compete for a championship. They are two different topics as of 2015 IMO.

Last edited by yinoma2001 on Wed May 27, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: