Trade Randle, Clarkson for Cousins?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srekal2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Trade Randle, Clarkson for Cousins?

Seeing the nature of bigs frequently flopping, along with the potential of Love coming home to the Lakers, would Sacramento take Randle and our two late first rounders for Cousins, or maybe Clarkson with Randle. We can then draft Russell who might be the BPA, and pick up Durant when Kobe retires.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject:

What would do without this?
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Rather keep those two players and go after a max free agent.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject:

So how about if we move Sacre for potato chips and then wait and package Randle, Clarkson and our first round draft pick to bring him back!!!

Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:53 am    Post subject:

Would the Queens take it? I don't think so

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Randle, Clarkson for Cousins?

srekal2 wrote:
Seeing the nature of bigs frequently flopping, along with the potential of Love coming home to the Lakers, would Sacramento take Randle and our two late first rounders for Cousins, or maybe Clarkson with Randle. We can then draft Russell who might be the BPA, and pick up Durant when Kobe retires.

I'd like to see the two develop, and I'm not sold on Russell being BPA over Okafor/Towns but I see where you're coming from. You had better have some sort of under the table deal (but no Joe Smith paper trail) with Love/LMA. I like a Russell/Love/Cousins core in theory. That's a lot of young talent, enough to sell high on Clarkson but yea Sacto would have to see a lot in Randle to justify the deal. With the 10M gap in salary, you'd have to include Young to afford Love, which is a possible deal breaker when the Kings compare other deals. I think I'd take the end result, but don't have enough faith in Love signing to pull the trigger and losing Okafor is rough.
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

better would be #2 pick,Randle and J.Hill for D.Cousins and the #7 pick.Now you can sign Love,pick a 3 with the 7th pick.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Randle, Clarkson for Cousins?

fansincemagic wrote:
srekal2 wrote:

I'd like to see the two develop, and I'm not sold on Russell being BPA over Okafor/Towns but I see where you're coming from. You had better have some sort of under the table deal (but no Joe Smith paper trail) with Love/LMA. I like a Russell/Love/Cousins core in theory. That's a lot of young talent, enough to sell high on Clarkson but yea Sacto would have to see a lot in Randle to justify the deal. With the 10M gap in salary, you'd have to include Young to afford Love, which is a possible deal breaker when the Kings compare other deals. I think I'd take the end result, but don't have enough faith in Love signing to pull the trigger and losing Okafor is rough.
I would absolutely do it Even if we are unable to sign Love or Aldridge we could still sign a second tier free agent power forward like Milsap? We could draft another power forward with the #27 pick in insurance, somebody like Rakeem Christmas, who's shot blocking prowess would complement Cousins well btw.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject:

1since71 wrote:
better would be #2 pick,Randle and J.Hill for D.Cousins and the #7 pick.Now you can sign Love,pick a 3 with the 7th pick.

So Sac would trade for Hill and pay him $9 mil when they can just wait until after July 1 and sign him as a FA for half of that? Sac isn't interested in trading Cousins.
1since71
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
1since71 wrote:

So Sac would trade for Hill and pay him $9 mil when they can just wait until after July 1 and sign him as a FA for half of that? Sac isn't interested in trading Cousins.

Hill is there for salary and nothing else.I didnt know you were privy to what the Kings front office is thinking but thanks for letting us know.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade Randle, Clarkson for Cousins?

srekal2 wrote:

Cousins is locked up for three more years so the Kings don't have to be in any hurry to move him. I suspect they'd want more than Randle and Clarkon, because I doubt they value the untested Randle as much as Lakers fans do.

I think the starting point for getting Cousins would be the #2 pick.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject:

1since71 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
1since71 wrote:

Hill is there for salary and nothing else.I didnt know you were privy to what the Kings front office is thinking but thanks for letting us know.

For Salary and nothing else?

How much salary did the Lakers send to Houston in the Lin trade last Summer?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Yes.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson
Kobe
Winslow/Hezonja
Love
Cousins

If only Winslow dropped to #7, I would do this in a heartbeat.

Clarkson
Kobe
Winslow
Love
Cousins

50 win team if healthy. Winslow would be a defensive beast with THIBS.
dothedambthang
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

Kings would never trade away a proven guy for a semi-proven youngblood like Clarkson and a completely unproven and untested Randle

Not even the Kings would do that
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject:

dothedambthang wrote:
Kings would never trade away a proven guy for a semi-proven youngblood like Clarkson and a completely unproven and untested Randle

Not only is it a risky move for them, but then it totally negates our potential for drafting Okafor or Towns.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
dothedambthang wrote:

Not only is it a risky move for them, but then it totally negates our potential for drafting Okafor or Towns.

I thought Towns could play PF.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject:

I think Towns will be a better center than a pf, but of course he will have the ability to roam and take his opposition out of their comfort zones.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject:

1since71 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
1since71 wrote:

You won't have enough cap-space left to sign Love if you pick up Cousins.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Cousins is the Queens one lone super star, no way they trade him for a couple of scrubs and a cow-bell...!
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

no, you keep your pick and you keep Randle... You pair Randle up with Okafor or Towns and y ou have the best front court in the NBA in a few years. This is like trading Kobe for Jason Kidd in 2000
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Cousins is the Queens one lone super star, no way they trade him for a couple of scrubs and a cow-bell...!

we throw this word super star around too losely.... is he really a SUPER STAR?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject:

1since71 wrote:

We would never hear the end of the "Mitch doesn't value our draft picks" complaints. And those complaints would be very accurate if that deal was made.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject:

Randle & Clarkson for Cousins...

C - Cousins
PF - Love
SF - Butler/Carroll
SG - Kobe
PG - Russell

or

C - Okafor
PF - Randle
SF - Butler/Carroll
SG - Kobe
PG - Clarkson

The second scenario actually leaves the Lakers with even more money to spend in additional Free Agent signings.

So... I would not trade Randle & Clarkson for Okafor.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

1since71 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
1since71 wrote:

I can read, simple as that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: