LAKER FANS! Step in here...Do you get angry?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:

Best believe that if I could get my hands on a satelite that shows the live feed of it, I woulda' had it by now...That's why I'm not only unsatisfied with the delays, but the program blocking as well...The petition is for fans who want to and don't have a way to see the game live due to KCals ratings...That, in my opinion, is selfish. If they got better ratings at 4;00, you think they would show the games live?...Hell yea they would!...If they don't care about customer satisfaction, especially when dealing with such a huge fan-base that has already made them millions, that is selfish...I bet if you question EVERY Laker fan in So Cal and ask them whether they'd like games to be shown live or delayed, I bet the vast MAJORITY will say live...You complaining 9-5ers ruined it for everyone else! How is that not selfish?
You posted an article that contradicts your claim. If customer feedback were as you claim here, they never would have instituted the delay in the first place. In FACT, the exact opposite is true, which the article YOU cited, supports.

That's because most of the people who complained were 9-5ers...I'm willing to bet that if you started a poll on ANY Laker forum asking if they pefer tape-delay or live feed, AT LEAST 80% will vote live feed.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

Man, I remember the early days of Sat dishes, before scrambling, you would get a raw feed directly from the sat. I remember watching the news, Dan Rather, I think. During commercial breaks, the feed still had the studio camera on, he'd be looking into a monitor, fixing his hair, make-up people would come in and powder the reflections off his forehed, etc. There was no sound fed during the breaks, just the video.
FloppyDiskz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

get a c-band satellite. Directv and Dish network are digital satellites that get their signal from a big C-Band Satellite. Hell, even cable companies get their feeds from C-band satellites
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
Watching the game delayed is not an option for me.
Sure it is, you have the same options as everybody else. I watch the delayed b'casts and have absolutely no problem avoiding knowing the score beforehand. If all of your friends, family and acquaintances are too inconsiderate to not spoil it for you, you have much more serious problems than delayed BBall b'casts.

Not an option?!? Absurd! It is you who refuses to avoid knowing the outcome, I'd bet you are just too curious, or stubborn, to even try.

You're completely missing the point. It is no fun watching a decided game!!! What's the point of watching when you can flip the channel to find out the Lakers are up by 30, or down by 30. I can't "pretend" it's live, the game completely loses it's value...You mean to tell me you sit there and it feels exactly the same? Do you cheer them on as they're playing for plays that took place an hour and half before? It's just not the same...AT ALL.
I understand your point completely! You have no self-control, you just HAVE to know the score, because of some obsession of being the first to post the final score! There is absolutely no reason why you can't avoid channel surfing, and web surfing, while watching the delayed game. I KNOW it can be done, because I do it with each and every delayed game. I get to the end of the tape-delayed b'cast without knowing the final score until the end of the b'cast.

As the bolded ?'s above.... Absolutely! I don't even consider whether it's LIVE or MEMOREX! It's fresh to me, because I can control what information I access for whatever period of time it takes..

The Dec. 25th game against the Heat, I recorded it on my DVR because I was at my in-laws', I watched the first half after I got home, but it was late, and I had to go to bed. So I got up the 26th and watched the 2nd half ... I never knew the final score, or even who won the game, until I saw it played back. So you can't tell ME that it's impossible, because Iknow, first hand, that it is INDEED possible!

Of course it's possible to fool yourself like that...To you, Lakers is more like entertainment. It's like a movie to you. You can watch 1 half, go to sleep without knowing the score, and watch the 2nd half the next day...Most real fans aren't like that. To me, Lakers is more than just entertainment. It's my team, man...It'd be ridiculous for me to go a day without knowing whether the Lakers beat the Heat... do you think anyone within the Laker organization doesn't find out if they win or lose that same second? That concept is a laughable one...If Lakers win, that can dictate my mood for the rest of the day. You can go to sleep without knowing...Lakers obviously mean more to me than it does to you. Make it live!
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:

Best believe that if I could get my hands on a satelite that shows the live feed of it, I woulda' had it by now...That's why I'm not only unsatisfied with the delays, but the program blocking as well...The petition is for fans who want to and don't have a way to see the game live due to KCals ratings...That, in my opinion, is selfish. If they got better ratings at 4;00, you think they would show the games live?...Hell yea they would!...If they don't care about customer satisfaction, especially when dealing with such a huge fan-base that has already made them millions, that is selfish...I bet if you question EVERY Laker fan in So Cal and ask them whether they'd like games to be shown live or delayed, I bet the vast MAJORITY will say live...You complaining 9-5ers ruined it for everyone else! How is that not selfish?
You posted an article that contradicts your claim. If customer feedback were as you claim here, they never would have instituted the delay in the first place. In FACT, the exact opposite is true, which the article YOU cited, supports.

That's because most of the people who complained were 9-5ers...I'm willing to bet that if you started a poll on ANY Laker forum asking if they pefer tape-delay or live feed, AT LEAST 80% will vote live feed.
If you could stop obsessing on this, you would have noticed that I DID start a poll, and out of 7 responses, only TWO, feel as you do. 3 prefer the delay, and 2 don't care either way.
FloppyDiskz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
FloppyDiskz wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Buy an F'n satellite dish, and you can watch the live feed from the east coast. You don't even have to watch comercials.

LOLLLL. Are you kidding me? We've been discussing a program block from the east coast feed for the last 3 pages. On top of that, the program block is mentioned in the petition as well...

Satellite Dish is NOT NBA League Pass. You can buy a Satellite dish to get signals from east coast cable broadcasters. Are you that ignorant to think that the East Coast feed is program blocked?

How much do these satellite dish's cost? I have DirecTV, which IS a satellite...Can I get a satellite dish with east coast feed for an affordable price?

The initial cost of equipment will be more but the savings would be in the monthly cable/satellite bill.

do a google search for c-band satellite. I'm not too familiar with pricing.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

FloppyDiskz wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
FloppyDiskz wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Buy an F'n satellite dish, and you can watch the live feed from the east coast. You don't even have to watch comercials.

LOLLLL. Are you kidding me? We've been discussing a program block from the east coast feed for the last 3 pages. On top of that, the program block is mentioned in the petition as well...

Satellite Dish is NOT NBA League Pass. You can buy a Satellite dish to get signals from east coast cable broadcasters. Are you that ignorant to think that the East Coast feed is program blocked?

How much do these satellite dish's cost? I have DirecTV, which IS a satellite...Can I get a satellite dish with east coast feed for an affordable price?

The initial cost of equipment will be more but the savings would be in the monthly cable/satellite bill.

do a google search for c-band satellite. I'm not too familiar with pricing.
Are these still available? Aren't nearly all of the downlinks now scrambled? I know when they started scrambling, it was a royal pain in the butt to get access.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

Now_I_Know, I've done some of the searches for you...

Skyvision sells worldwide!
BigDish programming
Satelite Programming Services
The Future of C-Band Annoying screen colors, but good info.
C-BAND DISH SYSTEM
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:

BigDish programming
C-BAND DISH SYSTEM

Are you sure these get all the live broadcasts from delayed Laker games on the east? Thanks for the links, but it doesn't really look like they do.
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:

We don't need to do a poll, because we know what happens when they broadcast those early games live - people don't watch them. Therefore your premise is flawed. KCAL is going to do whatever most people demonstrate they want because that is how they stay in business, as well they should. You just refuse to accept the simple logic of it.

As far as a block goes, if you're watching the local broadcast of a game, how can it be blocked? You'll be listening to the local homer announcers, so that's a downside. But otherwise it's the same as watching the game in Indiana, or Toronto, or Chicago, or wherever.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure of that at all, I think you'ld have to look into some of the program guides that are available. Those Ku-Band 4DTV channels have HD content. Look through some of the FAQs.

Google: c-band Ku-band sports feeds
FloppyDiskz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:

BigDish programming
C-BAND DISH SYSTEM

sweet! thanks for the links! and thank's to Now_I_Know's (bleep), I probably would have never thought of this as an option to cable tv/directv. I knew there was a reason I followed this thread!

Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

thedude1977 wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:

We don't need to do a poll, because we know what happens when they broadcast those early games live - people don't watch them. Therefore your premise is flawed. KCAL is going to do whatever most people demonstrate they want because that is how they stay in business, as well they should. You just refuse to accept the simple logic of it.

As far as a block goes, if you're watching the local broadcast of a game, how can it be blocked? You'll be listening to the local homer announcers, so that's a downside. But otherwise it's the same as watching the game in Indiana, or Toronto, or Chicago, or wherever.

Less people watch at 4 because more people are home at 5:30, and may turn on the TV to see the Lakers on, despite the fact that they're not even Laker fans...I bet the ratings are flawed anyways. Plus, TiVo is getting bigger, and now there's more reasoning to show it live than there was back when it already was... Most of the people watching it at 5:30 would prefer to see it live anyways...So yea, I don't really think my premise is flawed.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:

Hillarious!!! You can always get an argument at LG!
Well, one thing is clear! Don't assume your friendly neighborhood LG'r is going to sign anything to help ya out! He would rather argue you down than help your ass!

You guys kkkiiiilll me!!! What do we have here? About 95 to maybe 100 signatures with 4 pages of guys selling dishes and promoting Tivo!
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

If you guys want to help even more, send your complaints here...Give them some good reasons why us fans should get the games live.

http://cbs2.com/contact
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:

Less people watch at 4 because more people are home at 5:30, and may turn on the TV to see the Lakers on, despite the fact that they're not even Laker fans...I bet the ratings are flawed anyways. Plus, TiVo is getting bigger, and now there's more reasoning to show it live than there was back when it already was... Most of the people watching it at 5:30 would prefer to see it live anyways...So yea, I don't really think my premise is flawed.

What difference does it make why their watching? And if the ratings are flawed, the TV industry is in a lot of trouble . . .
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject:

thedude1977 wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:

What difference does it make why their watching? And if the ratings are flawed, the TV industry is in a lot of trouble . . .

What I mean by that is most people might be watching the 5:30 telecast unsatisfied knowing it's not live. The only reason they're watching it is because it's the only source they have to watch the game..Don't you think viewer satisfaction should be a big thing? Especially with a big name like KCal...The ratings are flawed because EVERYTHING has a higher rating around 5:30. Ratings in almost all areas more than double from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM...I bet we could get better ratings for all sports telecasts if we delayed them ALL to a certain time. That's not how sports was meant to be though...
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:

What I mean by that is most people might be watching the 5:30 telecast unsatisfied knowing it's not live. The only reason they're watching it is because it's the only source they have to watch the game..Don't you think viewer satisfaction should be a big thing? Especially with a big name like KCal...The ratings are flawed because EVERYTHING has a higher rating around 5:30. Ratings in almost all areas more than double from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM...I bet we could get better ratings for all sports telecasts if we delayed them ALL to a certain time. That's not how sports was meant to be though...

Good Lord! Look, the people have already spoken! KCAL is showing the games when MORE people can watch them. There is MORE viewer satisfaction the way the system is currently. In what way are the ratings flawed? More people are watching at that time because more people are home to watch. Of course there is going to be more overall ratings from 4 to 5 pm, across the dial. That argument does not support your position at all.
You seem to have decided that 'real' fans should count more or something. Well, that's just silly.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject:

The Drawbacks of Showing a Game Live @ 4:30

Significantly decreased ratings

Significantly less advertising revenue

People have to remember to set their VCR's to record the game

The Drawbacks of Showing a Game on Tape Delay

You are inconvenienced by having to avoid all the methods in which you can obtain the score of the game for a couple of hours.

.............and you're calling OTHER people selfish?!?!?!

BTW, I work a night shift, so I only get to see the games when they are rebroadcast in the middle of the night or the next day.
DP
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject:

Magic#32 says: with LA traffic, if you can't get home by 4:30p, chances are you won't be home by 5:30 pm either. thats what vcrs/dvrs are made for.

Absolutely...but the problem is: do all have the means to buy a DVR?
C. M. Burns
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject:

Lakers games should be broadcasted as they happen. This isn't something that can be enjoyed quite as much after the fact...like figure skating, which you shouldn't be watching if you have any dignity whatsoever, anyway.

You work 9-5? You adjust. Tape the game, and the rest of us can enjoy the intensity of a live sporting event.

Last edited by C. M. Burns on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

C. M. Burns wrote:
Lakers games should be broadcasted as they happen. This isn't figure skating. You work 9-5? You adjust. Tape the game, and the rest of us can enjoy the intensity of a live sporting event.

Exactly, Thats what I have been trying to explain to everyone, but they are like "nooo, we have work..etc." I will say it again it is POINTLESS TO WATCH A GAME WITH THE RESULTS ALREADY KNOWN, period.
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
C. M. Burns wrote:
Lakers games should be broadcasted as they happen. This isn't figure skating. You work 9-5? You adjust. Tape the game, and the rest of us can enjoy the intensity of a live sporting event.

Exactly, Thats what I have been trying to explain to everyone, but they are like "nooo, we have work..etc." I will say it again it is POINTLESS TO WATCH A GAME WITH THE RESULTS ALREADY KNOWN, period.

You don't have to know the score. It's not hard not to know the score. There are a lot of sporting events around the world going on as I type this and I don't know the score to any of them.

What we have here is a vocal minority who want to be babied. I could really care less whether or not the game is tape-delayed; it doesn't affect me. However, and some of you refuse to understand this, KCAL cares very much about the number of people who are physically able to watch the game as they broadcast it. If more people were home at 4, the game would be broadcast live. That's not the case - so you'll just have to accept the situation as it is.
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

^^^ also, I guess you need me to point out that, regardless of your opinion, many people enjoy watching the game on tape-delay. The ratings reflect this fact.
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:

thedude1977 wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
re4ee wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:

Good Lord! Look, the people have already spoken! KCAL is showing the games when MORE people can watch them. There is MORE viewer satisfaction the way the system is currently. In what way are the ratings flawed? More people are watching at that time because more people are home to watch. Of course there is going to be more overall ratings from 4 to 5 pm, across the dial. That argument does not support your position at all.
You seem to have decided that 'real' fans should count more or something. Well, that's just silly.

You're missing the point!!! Most who are watching are unsatisfied...Get it yet? Can't simplify it any more for you.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: