Jimmy Butler is Re-Signing with the Bulls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Take the QO Jimmy. Search your feelings. You know it to be true

It could be the tingling feeling of a torn acl. LOL!
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Jimmy Butler should quit while he's ahead. If he takes a 1 yr, he needs to get help for his gambling addiction.

You forget the cap goes up $30 mil after next year.

And if he does anything close to what he did last year, he will still get a max deal at a higher ceiling.

He will take the 1 year and Bulls will look to move him before losing him for nothing.

No I did not forget. $90,000,000. How much do you need in your life? You're a feel good story, and you've beaten the odds. Now you're getting greedy. I'm a karma guy, that's why I guess.

It's not about being greedy, it's about maximizing your profitability. Karma can work the other way: Bet on yourself and get rewarded.

Also, doubt Butler is trilled how the whole Thibs situation went down.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
22 wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
22 wrote:

I wonder if there is any kind of insurance policy he could take out that would at least partially compensate him if he does sustain an injury? It obviously wouldn't be cheap, but if he's eyeing super max money after the salary cap bump, it could be very worth it.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Of course he wants a 1 year deal. Chicago is going to match either way, so a 1 year, $15M deal vs. a 1 year, $5M (or whatever it is) is a no-brainer.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject:

I think we'd have to give up Clarkson to get Jimmy this year.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

all day every day

Russell/Jimmy are perfect fits
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

As much as I love Clarkson, you can add Durant and Horford next year.

Russell
Butler
Durant
Randle
Horford
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

I'll wait
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

all day every day

Russell/Jimmy are perfect fits

Random thing I noticed on DX. D'Angelo actually has a longer standing reach than Jimmy does.
HardButter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Honestly I don't know how I feel about giving up Clarkson for Butler. He's 23, butler is 25, and Clarkson's game will really compliment Russell's. I can see them growing into the most versatile backcourt in the NBA in 2 years time.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Even at our lowest we have agents / players using us as leverage to get better offers from their teams smh

pjiddy wrote:

I will help Clarkson pack and purchase his ticket to get Butler on this team.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Douche Chicago. Classless as hell. Your player wants to leave. Let him be!
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
22 wrote:

I wonder if there is any kind of insurance policy he could take out that would at least partially compensate him if he does sustain an injury? It obviously wouldn't be cheap, but if he's eyeing super max money after the salary cap bump, it could be very worth it.

Somebody on RealGM said that insurance would cost $750,000. Don't know if that is true, or what the maximum payout would be.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject:

thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Jimmy Butler should quit while he's ahead. If he takes a 1 yr, he needs to get help for his gambling addiction.

And if he does anything close to what he did last year, he will still get a max deal at a higher ceiling.

He will take the 1 year and Bulls will look to move him before losing him for nothing.

No I did not forget. $90,000,000. How much do you need in your life? You're a feel good story, and you've beaten the odds. Now you're getting greedy. I'm a karma guy, that's why I guess.

It's not about being greedy, it's about maximizing your profitability. Karma can work the other way: Bet on yourself and get rewarded.

In other words, being greedy. LOL!

There is no doubt, one should do that in his/her profession. But there aren't that many profession where you could lose it all with an injury. Faced with balancing the pros and cons, and $90 mil isn't enough? I say it's greedy. And I bet his agent will help him arrive to his senses. He's going to ink the $90 mil if I were a betting man.
idrinkhaterade
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

In other words, being greedy. LOL!

There is no doubt, one should do that in his/her profession. But there aren't that many profession where you could lose it all with an injury. Faced with balancing the pros and cons, and $90 mil isn't enough? I say it's greedy. And I bet his agent when help him arrive to his senses. He's going to ink the $90 mil if I were a betting man.

if you ever win a $250 million lotto, i expect you to donate $245 million to charity.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

In that case I'll help him pack.
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject:

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/06/qualifying-jimmy-butler.html

Quote:
Bulls Make Max Qualifying Offer To Jimmy Butler

June 29th at 3:43pm CST by Chuck Myron
The Bulls have given Jimmy Butler a maximum qualifying offer, meaning other teams can’t sign him to an offer sheet that runs fewer than three years, reports Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders (Twitter links). Those three years can’t include an option. Opposing teams would otherwise be limited to offer sheets of at least two years had Chicago merely extended a standard qualifying offer. The Bulls have also made the standard QO, worth nearly $4.434MM, that Butler can accept if he is intent on reaching unrestricted free agency as quickly as possible, though that would entail great financial sacrifice this season.

The max qualifying offer, by rule, is a fully guaranteed five years with a starting salary at the max and 7.5% raises. It can’t include any option years. The Bulls and Butler are free to negotiate different terms, but it nonetheless raises the stakes, with Butler reportedly wanting to sign a short-term deal with the Lakers.

David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune reported back in January that the Bulls planned a max offer for Butler, so today’s news is no surprise. Still, paying an estimated max salary of around $19MM to Butler next season will likely send the Bulls, who already have about $63MM in guaranteed salary for 2015/16, into tax territory, with the tax line projected to come in at $81.6MM.

Last edited by BROW GOAT 23 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I'll drive him to LAX.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I'll drive him to LAX.

In a perfect world Butler drags this out for awhile (likely) while LA secures his pal Aldridge (less likely but possible). Then Butler could say I'll take the QO if you dont trade me to LA. The Lakers do whatever they need to in getting rid of their extra salary (nick/kelly) which would allow them to make up to a $12 million yr1 offer to Butler ($4M remaining cap + $7M young/kelly +1M Clarkson). Then it's a matter of who blinks first.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Vic5150 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I'll drive him to LAX.

In a perfect world Butler drags this out for awhile (likely) while LA secures his pal Aldridge (less likely but possible). Then Butler could say I'll take the QO if you dont trade me to LA. The Lakers do whatever they need to in getting rid of their extra salary (nick/kelly) which would allow them to make up to a $12 million yr1 offer to Butler ($4M remaining cap + $7M young/kelly +1M Clarkson). Then it's a matter of who blinks first.

That would officially prove that "God loves the Lakers" if we somehow pulled that off
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

HardButter wrote:
Honestly I don't know how I feel about giving up Clarkson for Butler. He's 23, butler is 25, and Clarkson's game will really compliment Russell's. I can see them growing into the most versatile backcourt in the NBA in 2 years time.

Ummmm.., Butler has potential Superstar qualities. I see him being one of the top players in the league here soon. As much as i love Clarkson, I wouldnt hesistate losing him if it meant getting Butler
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jjangx27 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
To me, use 2015 as a de facto meeting to talk about Jimmy/2016/Lakers.

Not a bad idea. If not this year, next year Jimmy

In any other circumstance it's tampering.

And you really get Jimmy to buy in. Tell him, stay healthy, play hard, and you WILL become a Laker in 2016. That's motivation enough. Sign the QO, see if the Bulls will take a package with Clarkson/fillers (probably not).

Then come 2016...

That has to be the best solution.

Can we get rid of Swaggy please. Besides the Luke walton signing a few years back that has to be the worst signing of this century.

Now how to bring in DJ and Butler while keepiong Russell/Randle?

It's this type of hyperbole regarding Young that drives me crazy around here. Just in recent memory the Kobe extension and Nash "signing" were exponentially more damaging to our rebuild.

Young was injured, was asked to come in and play a big role due to all the other injuries, and he gets killed for having a bad year. In limited minutes off the bench he'll be a low-risk/high-reward scorer for us. And despite the crappy year he still shot 37% from 3, which makes him one of our best shooters going into next season. When he's on he can turn a game around.

It'll drive you less crazy once you come to terms (like I did) that most people here that want him gone don't necessarily want him gone it's that that they want his salary gone lol.

People here are cap space hungry and treating this as if it's NBA 2k15 where they can wheel and deal and turn everything around in one year. It's possible, sure.. but likely? Probably not.

Some people would rather load up on mediocre (and I won't say who because I know its a touchy subject lol) players rather than sign quality players even if it means waiting another year.

If the Lakers strike out again this year in free agency (though, I believe they will nab at least ONE above average to star player) I wouldn't be upset to see them sign a couple of placeholders while giving the rookies plenty of playing time to grow together IF there are players out in free agency that they have their eye on next year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject:

LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/06/qualifying-jimmy-butler.html

Quote:
Bulls Make Max Qualifying Offer To Jimmy Butler

June 29th at 3:43pm CST by Chuck Myron
The Bulls have given Jimmy Butler a maximum qualifying offer, meaning other teams can’t sign him to an offer sheet that runs fewer than three years, reports Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders (Twitter links). Those three years can’t include an option. Opposing teams would otherwise be limited to offer sheets of at least two years had Chicago merely extended a standard qualifying offer. The Bulls have also made the standard QO, worth nearly $4.434MM, that Butler can accept if he is intent on reaching unrestricted free agency as quickly as possible, though that would entail great financial sacrifice this season.

The max qualifying offer, by rule, is a fully guaranteed five years with a starting salary at the max and 7.5% raises. It can’t include any option years. The Bulls and Butler are free to negotiate different terms, but it nonetheless raises the stakes, with Butler reportedly wanting to sign a short-term deal with the Lakers.

David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune reported back in January that the Bulls planned a max offer for Butler, so today’s news is no surprise. Still, paying an estimated max salary of around $19MM to Butler next season will likely send the Bulls, who already have about $63MM in guaranteed salary for 2015/16, into tax territory, with the tax line projected to come in at $81.6MM.

damn... Chicago aint (bleep) around... well bye Jimmy
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

That's an instant trade if it was an option. No matter how hard certain Laker fans try to convince us otherwise, Clarkson will never be as good of a 2-way player as Butler is currently and I'm a Clarkson fan.

You Butler then next year you move him to SG and go after Durant for a dream lineup of Russell, Butler, Durant, Randle, Horford.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 41 of 43
Jump to: