Jimmy Butler is Re-Signing with the Bulls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

idrinkhaterade wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Jimmy Butler should quit while he's ahead. If he takes a 1 yr, he needs to get help for his gambling addiction.

You forget the cap goes up $30 mil after next year.

And if he does anything close to what he did last year, he will still get a max deal at a higher ceiling.

He will take the 1 year and Bulls will look to move him before losing him for nothing.

No I did not forget. $90,000,000. How much do you need in your life? You're a feel good story, and you've beaten the odds. Now you're getting greedy. I'm a karma guy, that's why I guess.

It's not about being greedy, it's about maximizing your profitability. Karma can work the other way: Bet on yourself and get rewarded.

Also, doubt Butler is trilled how the whole Thibs situation went down.

In other words, being greedy. LOL!

There is no doubt, one should do that in his/her profession. But there aren't that many profession where you could lose it all with an injury. Faced with balancing the pros and cons, and $90 mil isn't enough? I say it's greedy. And I bet his agent when help him arrive to his senses. He's going to ink the $90 mil if I were a betting man.

if you ever win a $250 million lotto, i expect you to donate $245 million to charity.

I'm fairly certain I would cash it and live happily ever after.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Cap is expected to be at 66.3 million next year. If Butler signs Chicago's offer he'll make 18 mill annually
Cap is expected to be at 80 million 2016-2017 season. *If Butler signs that year and gets the same % of the cap he'll make 21.8 mill annually.

Guess it depends how much he wants out.
It'll take him 3 and a half seasons into his Laker contract to make back the 13.5 mill he lost taking the QO this year.
But if he signs a 5 year deal, he's making more money than he would've with the contract Chicago's offering now.

*I'm not sure Butler's max would be the same % of the cap if he gets it next offseason as opposed to this offseason.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
Of course he wants a 1 year deal. Chicago is going to match either way, so a 1 year, $15M deal vs. a 1 year, $5M (or whatever it is) is a no-brainer.

He can only get a one year deal from Chicago
kobe209
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
idrinkhaterade wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Jimmy Butler should quit while he's ahead. If he takes a 1 yr, he needs to get help for his gambling addiction.

And if he does anything close to what he did last year, he will still get a max deal at a higher ceiling.

He will take the 1 year and Bulls will look to move him before losing him for nothing.

No I did not forget. $90,000,000. How much do you need in your life? You're a feel good story, and you've beaten the odds. Now you're getting greedy. I'm a karma guy, that's why I guess.

It's not about being greedy, it's about maximizing your profitability. Karma can work the other way: Bet on yourself and get rewarded.

There is no doubt, one should do that in his/her profession. But there aren't that many profession where you could lose it all with an injury. Faced with balancing the pros and cons, and $90 mil isn't enough? I say it's greedy. And I bet his agent when help him arrive to his senses. He's going to ink the $90 mil if I were a betting man.

if you ever win a $250 million lotto, i expect you to donate $245 million to charity.

I take it you don't try to maximize your earnings at your work either? I wish there were more employees like you.

IG: wywsabaywb
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject:

get it done, mitch

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject:

we're not getting butler this coming season. the 1yr deal rumor doesn't even make sense. There's no realistic scenario in which we get butler

AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
Of course he wants a 1 year deal. Chicago is going to match either way, so a 1 year, $15M deal vs. a 1 year, $5M (or whatever it is) is a no-brainer.

He can only get a one year deal from Chicago

True, and Chicago won't offer him a 1yr deal, unless Butler is taking the QO. That tends to be extremely unlikely (Greg Monroe is the exception, not the rule), since players at that phase of career don't want to jeopardize future earnings before having their first big payday in the league with the very real, ever present risk of injury.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject:

I'd love to have him as our SF, but I have to get used to the idea of a guy like him making huge money.
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 2m2 minutes ago

Sources: After CHI offered @JimmyButler max 5/$90-plus Mon, JB postponed meeting w/LAL, BOS, PHI, DAL. JB deciding how many yrs 2 sign w/CHI
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

kobe209 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
idrinkhaterade wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I take it you don't try to maximize your earnings at your work either? I wish there were more employees like you.

If Butler gets hurt next year, I still think teams would offer him a nice contract he can live off.

The fact we havent heard he has accept the max and is thinking about it is interesting.
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject:

thejet24 wrote:
kobe209 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
idrinkhaterade wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

If Butler gets hurt next year, I still think teams would offer him a nice contract he can live off.

The fact we havent heard he has accept the max and is thinking about it is interesting.

I don't think a hesitancy to accept the max is indecision about staying in Chi, but rather about the prospect of a huge salary cap jump and locking himself in this early.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject:

Stick a fork in this one. He's not going to be here next season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
Stick a fork in this one. He's not going to be here next season.

Yeah, it wouldn't even make sense for him to accept an offer from another team -- he'd just be doing Chicago a favor and himself a disservice.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject:

kobe209 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
idrinkhaterade wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

As if you don't understand the point I'm making. Jimmy Butler does, and that's why he's hesitating. Lets see what he inks.

Maximizing your potential in the corporate world or most other professions doesn't include the risk of a torn acl, broken leg, stress fracture, or a flat out bad season of shooting. And if any of those things happen in the corporate world, you still go on to MAXIMIZE YOUR POTENTIAL. Not in sports.

Nice try, thanks for playing. BTW, if ultimately Butler decides there are too many cons and inks the $90,000,000 deal. Will you think he's a bum who doesn't want to maximize his potential? LOL!

Last edited by Runway8 on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

Since we drafted D-Lo, does it even make sense to spend all of our capspace on a guard?

It seems to me that our back-court is in good shape, what we need is a big.
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

Butler was never serious about LA. His agent just using us for leverage. Now he's getting a max deal from Chicago. Good for him.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Since we drafted D-Lo, does it even make sense to spend all of our capspace on a guard?

It seems to me that our back-court is in good shape, what we need is a big.

Yep, I don't think he's on the Lakers radar. Tying up cap space for three days just to have the Bulls match. Creating an image to any of the FA Bigs that they're not the priority. It's not a good loook.

Some fans here, who may or may not have the pipe dreams of signing him are already making the decision for Jimmy that it's best he signs a 1 year offer. LOL!

I would not be surprised at all if he inks a long term deal.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject:

So can we close this thread now that Butler will be signing a max with the Bulls?

Lakerfan#37
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:

mykeinla wrote:
Butler was never serious about LA. His agent just using us for leverage. Now he's getting a max deal from Chicago. Good for him.

Yes, and it worked. And I'm sure other rfa's and their agents will continue to do the same. Something about other teams and their players not wanting them to go to the lakers I guess.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject:

This is dead on the Lakers part.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan#37 wrote:
mykeinla wrote:

Yes, and it worked. And I'm sure other rfa's and their agents will continue to do the same. Something about other teams and their players not wanting them to go to the lakers I guess.

The reality is that if veterans want to win now, you don't go to the Lakers. Kobe is old and the youngsters are too green.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
Lakerfan#37 wrote:
mykeinla wrote:

The reality is that if veterans want to win now, you don't go to the Lakers. Kobe is old and the youngsters are too green.

Then LMA and DJ will not sign with us.
DB8
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

I think Tobais Harris is a more likely option - I just can't see a way to make Butler happen... Harris is a great option. He's 22 great upside and will fit in well with other young guys on the team.

I also agree with other posters that for a FA Veteran the LA youth program may not be a good option.

For LA - I think the Lakers need to understand this and embrace the get younger trend. Example - I would like to see them trade a Nick Young for a 22 year old KJ McDaniels who can d-up the great point guards in the west...

If LA builds with new and dynamic talent the worst case is that they develop strong trading chips for later when the team starts to gel and a FA agent all star becomes available. Bringing in vets past their prime brings little value beyond what you might be able to do with their contracts.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject:

mykeinla wrote:

That's what every NBA player and Agent does. Use the lakers to piss teams of f and get $$$
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need a center right now, I think thats a priority over getting Butler, whom will most likely go back to the Bulls because they can match any offer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 42 of 43
Jump to: