Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
San Francisco to southern cal and told me it was beautiful I hope to do that one day

Absolutely. Start from Marin County and make sure to pass through Big Sur.

If the option is available, do that in a convertible. Maximizes the experience.

It's beautiful, but parts of that drive, especially going South are scary as hell.

Highly disagree, but I've driven A LOT of canyons. I did that drive in a Spyder all the way down PCH into L.A.

Ever had the pleasure of driving the canyons at Glendora Ridge (prior to the heavy police presence) ? Still my fav SoCal road for aggressive fun. Back in the days of my mis-spent youth, we use to race it in the wee hours weekly. Not for the feint of heart.

I don't even think they have lines up there so there isn't anything dividing cars going opposite directions. Quite dangerous but lots of fun....
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:
San Francisco to southern cal and told me it was beautiful I hope to do that one day

It's beautiful, but parts of that drive, especially going South are scary as hell.

Highly disagree, but I've driven A LOT of canyons. I did that drive in a Spyder all the way down PCH into L.A.

Ever had the pleasure of driving the canyons at Glendora Ridge (prior to the heavy police presence) ? Still my fav SoCal road for aggressive fun. Back in the days of my mis-spent youth, we use to race it in the wee hours weekly. Not for the feint of heart.

I don't even think they have lines up there so there isn't anything dividing cars going opposite directions. Quite dangerous but lots of fun....

Yeah, no lines, lanes, nor markers. No guard rails & 400 ft drop cliffs abound. Like I said, not for the feint of heart!

But some of the best twisty's to be found anywhere in the state. At night time, you had to suss out opposing traffic by watching the walls down canyon for headlight reflections, but in some areas you're still open to 'surprises'. Daytime runs were actually more dangerous, since there was greater traffic and no way to garner warning of oncoming, although nowadays that isn't as much an issue with the heavy police presence.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

No joke. Done at least 60-70 laps there in a '93 MR2, '01 Mr2, and '07 Subaru Legacy.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Someone I know just took delivery on one of these bad boys and it is legendary imo.

Mercedes Benz AMG GT S

You can add this to my list.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

bit off topic, but yea or nea?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: