LeBron can't dribble or shoot

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: LeBron can't dribble or shoot

Anyone find it funny that every time LeBron dribble and he has one defender in front of him, he stop, freeze, and pass the ball back out to someone else?

I recently watch Kobe against Pippen Blazer game 3, and Kobe was going up against Rasheed and Steve Smith and they block him like a wall, and he spin, turn around and shot over Sabonis all in one motion, and it was just so amazing. Kobe also score like 10 points in a row in such a short amount of time.

LeBron at his current age should be able to do that but he can't. LeBron can't even post up anywhere like Kobe can.

It just amazing to me that the best player in the world and top 3 of all time (according to most people) have an awful time with his handle and dribble, and can't shoot the ball like a superstar suppose to. LeBron shot something like 29% in the whole post season and 28% in the final. Not once did he shoot 50% in any game in the final.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

It is hard to crab dribble your way to the hoop in todays Basketball...
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject:

People always say Kobe misses lots of shots. I said them great be blessed because if he did not miss a lot he would have 8 rings.

Now, would it be fair if Lebron had Kobe's skills n most of all killer intinct?

Like I said blessed be them greats because Kobe misses a lot n has wasted some of his primest years with smush n kwame and that Lebron does not have what kobe has in terms of skills n will.

There. Its a compliment to Lebron.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: LeBron can't dribble or shoot

Lakersfan98 wrote:
Anyone find it funny that every time LeBron dribble and he has one defender in front of him, he stop, freeze, and pass the ball back out to someone else?

I recently watch Kobe against Pippen Blazer game 3, and Kobe was going up against Rasheed and Steve Smith and they block him like a wall, and he spin, turn around and shot over Sabonis all in one motion, and it was just so amazing. Kobe also score like 10 points in a row in such a short amount of time.

LeBron at his current age should be able to do that but he can't. LeBron can't even post up anywhere like Kobe can.

It just amazing to me that the best player in the world and top 3 of all time (according to most people) have an awful time with his handle and dribble, and can't shoot the ball like a superstar suppose to. LeBron shot something like 29% in the whole post season and 28% in the final. Not once did he shoot 50% in any game in the final.

everything you're saying is true. lebron is all hype and useless stats. if you criticize any of his skills, like shooting or dribbling, that's when the hype/stats come into play...someone can just say look at this number or that number, which proves that he is indeed the best shooter/dribbler. the problem is...you turn to the video and you can see that he is obviously not that great shooting or dribbling. but the numbers keep saying so! so what's the deal?

so the possibilities are:
either you are wrong, and lebron really IS a great shooter dribbler.
or you are right and he is NOT a great shooter dribbler.

but if it's the latter (where i stand) then what do you make of those numbers? anytime praise is thrown in lebron's direction, it's full of numbers to back it up. nobody can write an article praising lebron without using all the stats, which is weird in itself. it's not possible, try it. you can't say "Oh!! Lebron is a beautiful shooter, so amazing!!!" it doesn't work. You have to say "Lebron's shooting % is the best we've seen in the modern era!" then you get away with it. the problem with this is the video destroys all these notions.

anyway. still glad lebron lost. i really think he should just join the lakers, accept the fact that he is not a primary scorer, and just be a super lamar odom.
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

This cannot be. Lebron is top 2 all time...

In all seriousness, forget about how he is 2-4 (or 2/6) in the finals. Take away his off-arm, permission to travel, FTA/game quota...this guy has no business being mentioned in the same discussion of Kobe, let alone (bleep) Michael Jordan. For (bleep) sakes, before the NBA finals this year most people as OP mentioned, had him next to only MJ.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

bryants2hot2handle wrote:

In all seriousness, forget about how he is 2-4 (or 2/6) in the finals. Take away his off-arm, permission to travel, FTA/game quota...this guy has no business being mentioned in the same discussion of Kobe, let alone (bleep) Michael Jordan. For (bleep) sakes, before the NBA finals this year most people as OP mentioned, had him next to only MJ.

so very true.

there are certain moments on video where guys like lebron, no matter what stats they have, can't hide the fact that they may potentially lack certain basic skills one would expect from a goat type player. one of these moments is like during a close game, about a minute or so left...not exactly the last shot, but the last few shots that will be taken. guys like lebron are supposed to be "the man" in these moments. often times, we see lebron do embarrassing things during these moments...dribble the ball of his foot, turnover but kind of embarrassing type like just a terrible pass, brick badly. a lot of these moments will later get covered up either with bs free throws, or he'll just try again a play or two later eventually succeeding on one of them.

but this is not the way mj kobe used to do it. they would take that moment and do something incredible, which is what you expect from guys like that. and just go on youtube...there are so many great examples of this.

and this is why i'm not impressed by lebron.

btw, harden did the same embarrassing things in these moments vs GS. it was pretty embarrassing.

that's why...nba, media, people here...stop overhyping these guys!!
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: LeBron can't dribble or shoot

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Lakersfan98 wrote:

everything you're saying is true. lebron is all hype and useless stats. if you criticize any of his skills, like shooting or dribbling, that's when the hype/stats come into play...someone can just say look at this number or that number, which proves that he is indeed the best shooter/dribbler. the problem is...you turn to the video and you can see that he is obviously not that great shooting or dribbling. but the numbers keep saying so! so what's the deal?

so the possibilities are:
either you are wrong, and lebron really IS a great shooter dribbler.
or you are right and he is NOT a great shooter dribbler.

but if it's the latter (where i stand) then what do you make of those numbers? anytime praise is thrown in lebron's direction, it's full of numbers to back it up. nobody can write an article praising lebron without using all the stats, which is weird in itself. it's not possible, try it. you can't say "Oh!! Lebron is a beautiful shooter, so amazing!!!" it doesn't work. You have to say "Lebron's shooting % is the best we've seen in the modern era!" then you get away with it. the problem with this is the video destroys all these notions.

anyway. still glad lebron lost. i really think he should just join the lakers, accept the fact that he is not a primary scorer, and just be a super lamar odom.

nice input
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject:

>made it to nba
>can't dribble or shoot

wat

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

>made it to nba
>can't dribble or shoot

wat

I will pick Prime DJ mBenga over Lebron anyday of the week.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: LeBron can't dribble or shoot

Lakersfan98 wrote:

They call him a Magic like player. Well, in terms of your complaint, he REALLY doesn't stack up on the handle and spinning off of defenders moves. For example, the full court drive and no look to Vlade he made in Gm 1 of the 91 Finals, he spun clean away from Pippen. Stuck him to his spot, which was the most difficult part of the entire drive I'm so sick of hearing that BS line about Bron and yes, I too chuckle when I see his awkward moments. Jordan fans don't like him attached to their guy either. And you've shown Kobe guys don't like it either.

We all hate you and your media, LeBron!!11 Go suck an egg.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject:

He can't pass, jump, or defend either. It's a wonder he's still in the league.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
He can't pass, jump, or defend either. It's a wonder he's still in the league.

As a Presidential history nut, I don't like the LBJ nickname either. Lyndon Johnson got more legislation passed than any other president going back to FDR. He closed. LyNdon had a more dominant personality than LeBron.

And he had a Fresca spigot in his room at the WH. And he picked up his beagles by the earflaps in front of reporters. And he had Doris Kearns Goodwin talk to him while he was on the toilet. She admits it.

http://tinyurl.com/nepzxyd
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

As a Presidential history nut, I don't like the LBJ nickname either. Lyndon Johnson got more legislation passed than any other president going back to FDR. He closed.

Why are you Lyndon Johnson fans so obsessed with statistics? JFK passed better legislation, and I know that because I've seen it with my own eyes!

Here is a video of JFK signing a piece of legislation.

You can see by the firmness with which he held the pen (Lyndon Johnson had a weak grip) that JFK was superior in all aspects of presidency - leadership, clutchness. And he did all this with a weaker cabinet than any president in history.

And don't bring up FDR. We all know his legislation statistics were inflated because of the era he was in. If JFK was president in that era, he would have signed TWICE as much legislation.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: LeBron can't dribble or shoot

Lakersfan98 wrote:

What is funny is the constant jealousy here that gives us a new Lebron thread every week. Give it up, Kobe is on the way out and Lebron is the best in the game. Accept it and don't act like someone took your lollipop away from you.
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
bryants2hot2handle wrote:

so very true.

there are certain moments on video where guys like lebron, no matter what stats they have, can't hide the fact that they may potentially lack certain basic skills one would expect from a goat type player. one of these moments is like during a close game, about a minute or so left...not exactly the last shot, but the last few shots that will be taken. guys like lebron are supposed to be "the man" in these moments. often times, we see lebron do embarrassing things during these moments...dribble the ball of his foot, turnover but kind of embarrassing type like just a terrible pass, brick badly. a lot of these moments will later get covered up either with bs free throws, or he'll just try again a play or two later eventually succeeding on one of them.

but this is not the way mj kobe used to do it. they would take that moment and do something incredible, which is what you expect from guys like that. and just go on youtube...there are so many great examples of this.

and this is why i'm not impressed by lebron.

btw, harden did the same embarrassing things in these moments vs GS. it was pretty embarrassing.

that's why...nba, media, people here...stop overhyping these guys!!

Not just Kobe or Jordan, every superstar back then had that ability. Here a list of all superstar that I can remember doing that.

1. Magic
2. Kareem
3. Payton
4. Iversion
5. T-Mac
6. Reggie Miller
7. Barkley
8. Malone
9. Stockton
10. Francis
11. Marbury
12. Allen
13. Pippen
14. Smith
15. Bibby
16. Webber
17. Hakeem
18. Duncan
19. Robinson
20. Grant Hill

And the list goes on and on.
shnxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

I do wonder how his game would be affected if they took away the travel/hop step/crab walk.

It might be sort of similar to Allen Iverson's carry being taken away.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:01 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

As a Presidential history nut, I don't like the LBJ nickname either. Lyndon Johnson got more legislation passed than any other president going back to FDR. He closed.

Why are you Lyndon Johnson fans so obsessed with statistics? JFK passed better legislation, and I know that because I've seen it with my own eyes!

Here is a video of JFK signing a piece of legislation.

You can see by the firmness with which he held the pen (Lyndon Johnson had a weak grip) that JFK was superior in all aspects of presidency - leadership, clutchness. And he did all this with a weaker cabinet than any president in history.

And don't bring up FDR. We all know his legislation statistics were inflated because of the era he was in. If JFK was president in that era, he would have signed TWICE as much legislation.

Ay, ay, ay. Ayyyy. C'mon. I love Jack too and seeing him in certain clips is almost tearful if I veer into the thoughts of 11/22, but he was weak on that Civil Rights front. Didn't wanna deal with it, but that is considering that the world was literally about to explode in the midst of the worst events on that front. LeLyndon rammed that thru Congress' throat. He had the clout and knew where the bodies were buried. Threatened his mentor that he was going to roll over him if he didn't go with him on this here deal. Lyndon was the Foghorn Leghorn of Presidents. A large, boisterous rooster.

What are your thoughts on Truman? Do you go by Rodney's comment in Back To School? I like him. He was the Yosemite Sam of Presidents. Short and cantankerous.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: LeBron can't dribble or shoot

venturalakersfan wrote:
Give it up, Kobe is on the way out and Lebron is the best in the game. Accept it and don't act like someone took your lollipop away from you.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: LeBron can't dribble or shoot

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakersfan98 wrote:

What is funny is the constant jealousy here that gives us a new Lebron thread every week. Give it up, Kobe is on the way out and Lebron is the best in the game. Accept it and don't act like someone took your lollipop away from you.

I'm on the James train, I think he's one of, not the best in the game. He has the best power game. When he puts his head down and goes to the hole, best git outta da way. When he said he was the best player in the world I think he was trying to rally the troops.

Of course you should factor his handles and shooting percent when you designate a position level. If you do IMO he should be in the conversation about the the best of the best but best is to subjective.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: LeBron can't dribble or shoot

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakersfan98 wrote:

Lol Jealous of a guy who's shot 39 percent in the finals with overinflated stats and lifetime 2-6 record in the finals. If anything lebron is on the decline. Phil Jackson must be jealous too.

I find it hilarious that you always have to chime in on Kobe threads with a shaq reference reminding us he was the reason Kobe won. Snap O meal hasn't been relevant in over a decade. Yet here u are deflecting the topic with nothing substantial to say Besides a troll comment. That's bleepin damn rich!

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: