Gasol or Pip?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the better player or had the better career, PGasol or Pip?
Gasol
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Pippen
87%
 87%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 39

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject:

I have Pippen Top 15.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Your 'to be fair' does not apply. Whatever level the team, you can fear an individual player with examples aplenty, very recent to way back. He said you 'never' feared Pau. The question is did you ever fear Pippen(not about relative fear)?

The answer is: No. I never feared Pippen.
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Pippen and it not even close. His impact on defense cannot be stated.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
In 94, Pippen came damn close to ruining MJ's legacy. Without Kobe, Pau's career almost went in the way of Al Jefferson, as in empty points, no impact. Whenever we played the Grizzlies, you never feared Pau. He was a good player, but he wasn't impactful. Memphis gave up on him at 27.

Yep, if the Bulls had won that game they would've gone all the way to the Finals.

I don't know about that. Maybe they would have. I was always amazed they gave the Knicks as much trouble as they did. Indiana wasn't a pushover. They had a very realistic shot at the Finals which I think is amazing in itself, but I don't think it's a certainty they would have gotten there if they beat the Knicks in that controversial game.

I never realized how good Gasol was until I saw him with the Lakers. I was excited when he became a Laker mostly because he was a huge upgrade over Kwame Brown and was thought to be a better player than Odom. Kobe suddenly had two teammates who were very good players (Gasol and Odom, I'm not counting Bynum because he was out with an injury).

I'd still pick Pippen. I watched some old highlight videos of Pippen playing the Lakers in the late 90's (when Pippen played for Chicago) and his offense was killing the Lakers. People praise him for his defense here and I agree with the comments.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: