ESPN: Lakers Interested in Demarcus Cousins (Woj: Kings looking to hire Calipari, fire Karl; Calipari denies being contacted and isn't interested in leaving KY, pg.186)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 182, 183, 184 ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Kings have all the power?

Not really, they have all the strife. BTW, your house is on fire.
kronikings
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: GODFATHER DEAL

DocK36 wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
kronikings wrote:
KendrickLamar wrote:
kronikings wrote:
You better bring a godfather deal if you want Cousins. The Kings don't need to trade him and they won't unless it makes the team BETTER. D'Angelo Russell is just the beginning of the godfather deal the Kings get in return.

this is too funny he wants out from the kings yet were suppose too offer a godfather deal..

hahaha one word. CONTRACT. The Kings have ALL the power.

Congratulations, you guys can have him
and continue to win around 30 games a season

It's a new day in Sactown. There won't be any more 30 win seasons with or without Cousins. Book it.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject:

I really think Sacramento missed the max value point for Boogie. Better to keep him but there's so much salt at this point. Their roster isn't going to win in the west and as the losses start to pile up, its just a matter of who pops first. Radvine set the stage for this by firing Malone while Boogie was sick. He eats millions by dumping Karl, and then what? Which coach is going to be willing to step into that situation?

I just hope the Celtic's don't swoop. Best destination imo is DC. Wall and Boogie reunion, good deal for a cost conscious ownership, could offer Beal/Nene/Oubre/2 1st red picks for Boogie and a contract (Laundry?). Gets Boogie out of the West.
kronikings
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes, they do have ALL the power. He's under contract for 3 more years. If they don't get an incredible deal he goes nowhere. That's a fact.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

kronikings wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes, they do have ALL the power. He's under contract for 3 more years. If they don't get an incredible deal he goes nowhere. That's a fact.

Yes, free agents are going to flock to that burning house. You have a coach who openly tries to trade their best player.

You have the best player who is clearly fed up with this nonsense.

You have a GM who can't control his own coach, and an owner who must think that he will get a 4th coach free after firing a 3rd one (though Lakers have had problems as of late on that end too).

No, I think "we have all the power" is the last thing I'd say to describe Sacto right now.
kronikings
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kronikings wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes, free agents are going to flock to that burning house. You have a coach who openly tries to trade their best player.

You have the best player who is clearly fed up with this nonsense.

You have a GM who can't control his own coach, and an owner who must think that he will get a 4th coach free after firing a 3rd one (though Lakers have had problems as of late on that end too).

No, I think "we have all the power" is the last thing I'd say to describe Sacto right now.

Don't believe all the nonsense idiots on the other side of the country report for Fegan that have no idea what's really going on in Sac.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Sacto sounds like it's all cookies and cream right now. Everyone seems to be loving each other.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject:

kronikings wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They have the power to have cousins not want to be there , which he does not, because Sacramento is a Lame city, with a lame team that could never really get it together. They will always be the cowtown queens.
hoopla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
The Lakers probably think adding Cousins can give them a chance to be in title contention for the next decade or so... let's keep in mind that Cousins is putting up HOF type numbers without him even being in his prime years.... I can see him putting up huge numbers once his reaches his full ceiling... I can why the Lakers haven't given up on the Cousins chase.
I agree with you on this one.

Cousins on the lakers with say a solid randle, a solid clarkson, a healthy kobe, a solid russell. or at worse a solid 2 of the 3 i just named and you take out randle. replace him with aldridge assuming we gave up randle(dont want to but just assuming).

pg-russell
sg-clarkson
sg-kobe
pf-Aldridge
C-Cousins

You cant double and triple team cousins like you can when he is playing for the sorry kings.

cousins is putting up those numbers getting 24 per game on 18 shots. griffin is getting 22 pts per on 17 shots per, with cp3, crawf, and DJ on the team.
which is why blake is shooting a higher fg%

cousins fg% would go up .because now some of his shots can be clean up work from LA or kobe or one of the young guards missing. vs him having to be all and everything in the offense like he is for the kings.

There are times where some guys are just putting up numbers on bad teams. thats not the case with this guy. because he scores in so many ways he cant be stopped in the nba on any team. and he doesnt have to shoot it 25 times to get to 24 points.

Let me ask LG this question. would you Flip these same young players for blake griffin? Some would say "in a heart beat."

you do realize cousins is on a worse team getting 1 more shot but averaging more ft's. this means he knows how to draw defenders to get to the ft line. thats the sign of a true #1 or 1a player. you have to get fouled and go to the line to be something more than just another solid allstar player. to become a superstar. you have to get fouled a lot

Cousins shoots 9 ft's a game and he's a big man in a small ball league.

for reference james harden with his terrible foul antics averages 10 ft's a game and he's a guy on the ball 24/7

westbrook averaged almost 10 fts a game with his super high usage rate.

bron is around 8 fts per.

one of the signs of a star player is when he can give you 20 pts per, with 7+ ft attempts. you know he's a star when he starts getting 9 or more.

thats a man the defense is afraid of. they are sending multiple players at him. in addition he cant be stopped. which is why guys are fouling him enough to get him 9 fts per night. now that doesnt count the fouls on the ground(bear hugs where the ref says "no shot")

these fouls add up. this gets a team in foul trouble, a player in foul trouble. loosens up the defense. next thing you know. aldridge is going to work on his man because his man doesnt want to get that last team foul.
kronikings
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Yeah, Sacto sounds like it's all cookies and cream right now. Everyone seems to be loving each other.

I didn't say that. But they do have a hall of fame coach and a top ten player that will either stay and help take the team to another level. Or he'll get traded and they'll get an incredible deal in return. Divac knows what he's doing, he's fully capable or righting the ship. Also a brand new state of the art Arena is opening next year so it's not as bad as everyone thinks it is. Playoffs within 2 years guaranteed.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject:

I highly doubt Mitch is ever admitting what he did or didn't offer in a deal.
However moving forward he's made it clear, Russell isn't going anywhere, to keep that distraction away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject:

kronikings wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I didn't say that. But they do have a hall of fame coach and a top ten player that will either stay and help take the team to another level. Or he'll get traded and they'll get an incredible deal in return. Divac knows what he's doing, he's fully capable or righting the ship. Also a brand new state of the art Arena is opening next year so it's not as bad as everyone thinks it is. Playoffs within 2 years guaranteed.

Yeah, I guarantee you won't be back in 2 years when they fail to make it by then. Good luck with that.
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject:

kronikings wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What Karl did, that's unbecoming of a coach of his talent. Pretty bush league move.

I'm assuming you live in Sacto, but the reputation of that team around the league probably isn't favorable. And right before free agency, no free agent worth a damn is going to invest the next 4 years of their lives to a team that can't do a simple thing as...keeping their problems in house and dealing with it like grown ups.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject:

kronikings wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Your team is a hot mess and you know it. Your new coach can't control his mouth. Your "top ten" player, if he stays, will be disgruntled. If he's traded you aren't getting an incredible deal because, A) everyone knows he wants out and B) Vlade is a beginner when it comes to trading, the other GMs will run circles around him. And state of the art arena or not, it's still in Sacramento dude.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: GODFATHER DEAL

kronikings wrote:

It's a new day in Sactown. There won't be any more 30 win seasons with or without Cousins. Book it.

"With the third pick in the 2016 draft, the Sacramento Kings select.."

"With the fifth pick in the 2017 draft, the Sacramento Kings select.."

"With the ninth pick in the 2029 draft, the Sacramento Kings select.."

!...
kronikings
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kronikings wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What Karl did, that's unbecoming of a coach of his talent. Pretty bush league move.

I'm assuming you live in Sacto, but the reputation of that team around the league probably isn't favorable. And right before free agency, no free agent worth a damn is going to invest the next 4 years of their lives to a team that can't do a simple thing as...keeping their problems in house and dealing with it like grown ups.

You're right, dumb move on Karl's part, he shouldn't have done that. But once they start winning again free agents will be happy to be there. It will be sooner than people think. Within 2 years. Definitely before the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject:

What I worry is Boogie going Latrell Spreewell on George Karl and his smirking face.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

With 3 years left or whatever he has, there are a lot of teams that would trade for him. I think other teams would offer up a lot more for him than these Randle/Young/Kelly offers we've been seeing in here. Even with Sacramentos house burning down, other teams are going to drive up the bidding.

If Cousins was expiring this year, he could pick his destination and the Kings would be powerless.
beastlybp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I actually think that Mitch haven't given up the pursuit of Cousins just yet... The Kings has rifts within their organization and Cousins wants to come to LA. I think Mitch will spend money this summer on a big name free agent(LMA, D. Jordan...etc), and then try to trade for Cousins, that way we can use our cap space. This is similar to when we tried to trade for Howard back in 2012, when we signed Nash and traded for Howard. I think we should only get Cousins if we package the right players. Remember when everyone thought their is no way we could get Howard without giving up both Bynum and Gasol? But somehow Mitch pull the trade with just giving up Bynum, this could be a similar situation.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

With 3 years left or whatever he has, there are a lot of teams that would trade for him. I think other teams would offer up a lot more for him than these Randle/Young/Kelly offers we've been seeing in here. Even with Sacramentos house burning down, other teams are going to drive up the bidding.

If Cousins was expiring this year, he could pick his destination and the Kings would be powerless.

So they trade a top NBA player away because the head coach couldn't shut his mouth? All is well after that?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject:

beastlybp wrote:
I actually think that Mitch haven't given up the pursuit of Cousins just yet... The Kings has rifts within their organization and Cousins wants to come to LA. I think Mitch will spend money this summer on a big name free agent(LMA, D. Jordan...etc), and then try to trade for Cousins, that way we can use our cap space. This is similar to when we tried to trade for Howard back in 2012, when we signed Nash and traded for Howard. I think we should only get Cousins if we package the right players. Remember when everyone thought their is no way we could get Howard without giving up both Bynum and Gasol? But somehow Mitch pull the trade with just giving up Bynum, this could be a similar situation.

Dwight's price went way down because he was going to be a free agent and he only had two teams on his list that he said he'd re-sign with (which turned out to be untrue).
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So they trade a top NBA player away because the head coach couldn't shut his mouth? All is well after that?

No they will be much worse after they trade him. I was talking more about the fact that they don't have to just take whatever the Lakers best offer is. They have time on their side and surely a lot of other teams would enter the bidding if he really is available.
kronikings
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No, Fegan wants him traded, requested a trade behind the scenes a while ago. Fegan thinks he's running the show which he obviously is not. Divac won't be pushed around and he won't be getting traded unless an incredible deal for the Kings is in place. Period.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What I worry is Boogie going Latrell Spreewell on George Karl and his smirking face.

No need to worry about it cause then we will be able to get boogie for 2 gum wrappers and Ryan kelly
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 182, 183, 184 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 183 of 194
Jump to: