ESPN: Lakers Interested in Demarcus Cousins (Woj: Kings looking to hire Calipari, fire Karl; Calipari denies being contacted and isn't interested in leaving KY, pg.186)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:
The problem with trying to replicate what the Spurs/Warriors/Thunder did is that they drafted players who won the league MVP! That's a tough thing to do and not something you can bank on. I think more realistic model is the cavs before Lebron came home. Irving is all-star caliber, Thompson a solid starter, waiters was ok coming off the bench as 6th man and they couldn't crack the playoffs in the east.

Is there a Lebron coming back to the Lakers? I don't see how they are more realistic than what GS/Spurs did.
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
THE_DAGGER wrote:
How many championships has OKC won?

Spurs won 5 by drafting all their star players: Duncan, Parker, Ginobli.

They got Duncan by tanking. In fact they may have tanked harder than teams do these days. They were ahead of the curve on international players though.

Exactly.

They didn't rush to trade Duncan for Alonzo Mourning or any immediate help for David Robinson.

They believed in their draft and the players they were drafting and it paid off big.

Don't forget the 1997 Spurs basically got Tim Duncan by accidentally tanking when David Robinson missed 70 games for breaking his foot.

Similar situation with Lakers last season when Kobe hurt his knee/shoulder and next thing you know we now have D'Angelo Russell.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
The problem with trying to replicate what the Spurs/Warriors/Thunder did is that they drafted players who won the league MVP! That's a tough thing to do and not something you can bank on. I think more realistic model is the cavs before Lebron came home. Irving is all-star caliber, Thompson a solid starter, waiters was ok coming off the bench as 6th man and they couldn't crack the playoffs in the east.

Is there a Lebron coming back to the Lakers? I don't see how they are more realistic than what GS/Spurs did.

Cavs had 3 #1 picks after Lebron. If Mitch had that luxury, we'd be easy contenders with or without Lebron.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Trade for him. Others will want to play with him in LA.
THE_DAGGER
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Say we did Russell for Cousins before the draft like was rumored. Would Aldridge have been more inclined to sign with us or would it have not made a difference?
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

THE_DAGGER wrote:
Say we did Russell for Cousins before the draft like was rumored. Would Aldridge have been more inclined to sign with us or would it have not made a difference?

Russell + Randle + Clarkson for Boogie you mean?

LaMarcus be like:

Quote:
LaMarcus: "You guys think me with a 77-year old Kobe who's missed like 400 games in 2 seasons, and Cousins who can't even win 30 games and hates everyone including his own cousin is going to win a championship? You guys don't even got a bench fool!" <- (Mr. T voice)

Kobe: "It's not like that. You'll be my Pau Gasol. Boogie will be my Andrew Bynum. And I'll be your Black Mamba."

LaMarcus: "Get the (bleep) out!"

Mitch: "Do you still want to see our PowerPoint presentation?"

LaMarcus: "Does it have Analytics?"

Mitch: "No, but it has slides."

Yeah, LaMarcus much better off singing with the Spurs all the way.

Last edited by Jordan-esque on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
THE_DAGGER wrote:

Ask Golden State, they did the same thing by rebuilding through their draft with Curry, Klay, and Green.

Or better yet, the Spurs building through the draft with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli.

Build on the draft = Two Words

JORDAN + PIPPEN = CHICAGO BULLS
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
THE_DAGGER wrote:

Ask Golden State, they did the same thing by rebuilding through their draft with Curry, Klay, and Green.

Or better yet, the Spurs building through the draft with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli.

Build on the draft = Two Words

JORDAN + PIPPEN = CHICAGO BULLS

Kobe and! Fisher!
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
THE_DAGGER wrote:

LaMarcus be like:

Quote:
LaMarcus: "You guys think me with a 77-year old Kobe who's missed like 400 games in 2 seasons, and Cousins who can't even win 30 games and hates everyone including his own cousin is going to win a championship? You guys don't even got a bench fool!" <- (Mr. T voice)

Kobe: "It's not like that. You'll be my Pau Gasol. Boogie will be my Andrew Bynum. And I'll be your Black Mamba."

Jeanie: "And you get to live in LA"

LMA: "....I already live in LA"
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject:

You guys are comparing Russell to Jordan, Tim Duncan, and Durant. These guys had all time great college careers. They won multiple awards, put up dominant stats, and Jordan hit the game winner for a championship in college. Even Curry was dropping 28 a game and setting 3 point records at Davidson.

You really think he's going to be a once in a generation type player like these other guys?

I'll tell you what though. Demarcus Cousins is the most dominant post player since Shaq. He's the only dominant post player in this weak era and he can do much more than that.

If there's a young player we should keep it's Randle. He's the one that has a chance to be one of the best of his generation. If he develops a consistent jumper he's essentially unguardable at the PF position.

You pair him with Cousins and build around that.

You think either Durant or Westbrook want to play with another potentially great perimeter player in Russell? Heck, they've been doing that with each other all these years and where has that got them? Or would they want to play with great bigs who they never had a chance to play with?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
THE_DAGGER wrote:

LaMarcus be like:

Quote:

CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
THE_DAGGER wrote:
Everyone that wants to stand pat with our "young core" are basically saying we should tank.

The thing about that is our pick is only top 3 protected.

So you're hoping we suck so bad that we get a top 3 pick or we cross our fingers to move up like we did this year? That's the plan for some of you guys? 3 years in a row of being in the lottery is what you want?

Lol the people who advocate trading our assets for cousins act like we would all of sudden turn into a playoff team. You realize that sacramento was picking 6th in the lottery right? Having Cousins on your roster guarantees you nothing so I don't know why Cousins fans are so vociferous about trading our assets for him.

Precisely.

This time of year there's always hope that you hit a home run and sign a big name. But it's very difficult to do.

Rebuilding in the NBA is hard and takes time. That's where we are right now. Mortgaging our future for a guy who's been in the league for 4 or 5 years and whose team has never won more than 29 games in a season is not how you get back to the top.

Aldridge is a terrific player and I'd love to see him sign with the Lakers. But even with him, what's he ever won? Nothing. If he leaves Portland and signs with anybody but San Antonio (hands down the best coach and organization in the league today) his priorities are askew, let's face it.

Some Lakers fans should try living in the real world. The hysteria every year at this time is absurd. We just had a great draft, and a week later our front office sucks and the world is coming to an end, people making judgments and wild, uninformed commentaries based on media reports. Because those are always so accurate and precise.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:50 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Deandre: "Ummm…."
Kingpin2010
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:

I'm not saying hope for Lebron, I was talking cavs pre-Lebron. They had Irving and Thompson for 3 years, Irving is an All-Star caliber player and they still couldn't make the playoffs, in the east.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject:

Kingpin2010 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:

I'm not saying hope for Lebron, I was talking cavs pre-Lebron. They had Irving and Thompson for 3 years, Irving is an All-Star caliber player and they still couldn't make the playoffs, in the east.

Thompson is a glorified role player. All he does at an elite level is rebound. So pretty much the Cavs only had one All-Star. Their other number 1 pick was a bust and they traded wiggings before he had a chance to develop with the team. I don't anticipate the Lakers to have the same history as the Cavs in that we draft much better than them.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Kingpin2010 wrote:

Thompson is a glorified role player. All he does at an elite level is rebound. So pretty much the Cavs only had one All-Star. Their other number 1 pick was a bust and they traded wiggings before he had a chance to develop with the team. I don't anticipate the Lakers to have the same history as the Cavs in that we draft much better than them.

Thompson is to LBJ = H. Grant to MJ
Big Game Jeff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject:

Love the idea of building through the draft. JUST TANK, BABY!..
PakaLOLO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject:

Saw on Rotoworld that lakers are still in play for Demarcus. Couldn't find much anywhere else
DipNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject:

Lock this thread it's not happening
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject:

DipNGold wrote:
Lock this thread it's not happening
He will be a Laker before the season ends.
PakaLOLO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject:

scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject:

PakaLOLO wrote:
Saw on Rotoworld that lakers are still in play for Demarcus. Couldn't find much anywhere else
Why not consolidate Randle/Hibbert/Clarkson/Black into Cousins? He would form a good big 3 with Russell and Kobe and some good role players.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
PakaLOLO wrote:
Why not consolidate Randle/Hibbert/Clarkson/Black into Cousins? He would form a good big 3 with Russell and Kobe and some good role players.

I would trade Hibbert & Randle for Cousins today.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for Cousins.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Can't wait for Cousins.

Keep waiting because the Kings are going to never let us have him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 191 of 194
Jump to: