Cargo embargo on OKC has lifted!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Cargo embargo on OKC has lifted!

As anyone who know me or read my post since I joined in 2008 knows that I have a deep hatred for the OKC Thunder team that basically rob the Sonic of the best team they had since the Payton/Kemp days and the amount of entitlement their fans "think" they deserve. Most of them probably didn't even watch basketball until they got a team.

Anyway the Embargo is lifted. I think the heartbreak of losing Harden and not reaching the final due to injuries has helped ease my hatred. I must admit when Harden was traded, I had a smile on my face Basically they can win a championship now because they have paid their due with not winning a championship in the last several years and breaking up one of the best Dynasty since the Blazer Roy, Oden, LA days (or what could have been).

With that my new most hated team is the Golden State warriors and there is no biased involved this time because I live in the Bay Area.

So why should you care? You probably shouldn't but this is where I differ from almost every Lakers fans here. I hate OKC while Lakers fans like OKC. Beep OKC! It just nice to let go of the hate and use it on a more productive team.

As for my signature below - that still ring true. I hate you Time Warner.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Umm.... Congratulations?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Medicine first, then post.
soonerboy824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject:

lol how could anyone hate gsw. just a bunch of nice guys who love basketball
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Maybe you should go get some counseling. Why do you have to hate something? Hare child molesters, hate murderers. Why do you choose to hate teams based on Embargos? The hell does that mean anyway?
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

soonerboy824 wrote:

Nice guys with arrogance and entitlement and GS fans thinking that their 2015 warriors can beat any championship team in the past decade including the 2001 Lakers

Also nice guys always finish last not first.
soonerboy824
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan98 wrote:
soonerboy824 wrote:

Nice guys with arrogance and entitlement and GS fans thinking that their 2015 warriors can beat any championship team in the past decade including the 2001 Lakers

they probably cant beat the shaq kobe lakers but they probably could beat any team of the last decade.

I guess I dont really see their players as arrogant or entitled. Steph and Klay were both under appreciated as players for most of their basketball careers.

and in this case the nice guys finished first not last lol
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject:

I've had a hate for OKC since they knocked us out in the playoffs. The year we had Kobe, Pau, and....Ramon Sessions I think?

Now I'm rooting for them. I think GS benefited big time from the injuries OKC sustained this year. I wouldn't be surprised if OKC comes out looking scary good next season.
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I've had a hate for OKC since they knocked us out in the playoffs. The year we had Kobe, Pau, and....Ramon Sessions I think?

Now I'm rooting for them. I think GS benefited big time from the injuries OKC sustained this year. I wouldn't be surprised if OKC comes out looking scary good next season.

Luckiest team ever. It doesn't matter, unless another catastrophic injury plague happen again, GS won't win another championship anytime soon. They have to get through OKC and a much more improve Clippers team and not to mention the Spurs.

Clippers getting Stephenson and soon to be Pierce is huge for them. Pierce is way better than Barne and Stephenson can defend unlike Crawford.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject:

Nominating fan98 for LG's 2015 award for achievement in rambling incoherency.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

"Cargo embargo"?

A team that never won anything was a dynasty?

Living in the Bay Area means you are "unbiased" about the Warriors?

OKC robbed Seattle of "the best team they had since the Payton/Kemp days" -- a team that the three seasons before they left won 20, 31, and 35 games?

We "probably" shouldn't care about this thread?

It's a tough call, but I am going to have to go with "cargo embargo." I like the assumption that random words strung together are no longer random if they rhyme.

In fact, this entire post was a lobby hobby!
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Nominating fan98 for LG's 2015 award for achievement in rambling incoherency.

Oh mate, you make me blush! And to think I wanted the mods to change my name cause it was too damn generic
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Big Laker fan here, but I actually like Golden State and the way they assembled their team.

That said I currently live in Alaska but will move next year to Oklahoma. If nothing else I'll at least get to see the Lakers when they play the Thunder.

I'll let the Thunder know you're doing better and I think your meds need adjusted.
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject:

akgolf wrote:
Big Laker fan here, but I actually like Golden State and the way they assembled their team.

That said I currently live in Alaska but will move next year to Oklahoma. If nothing else I'll at least get to see the Lakers when they play the Thunder.

I'll let the Thunder know you're doing better and I think your meds need adjusted.

Well it no coincidence that they haven't won a championship ever since I declared them rogue Now if they do win a championship, it safe to say it because their embargo has lifted

And my meds are fine thank you.
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Wow. That post made absolutely no sense. Take a look at my avatar next time.
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Dorray wrote:
Wow. That post made absolutely no sense. Take a look at my avatar next time.

Life doesn't make sense most of the time but we keep go on living.

Oh i love that cat!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan98 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Luckiest team ever. It doesn't matter, unless another catastrophic injury plague happen again, GS won't win another championship anytime soon. They have to get through OKC and a much more improve Clippers team and not to mention the Spurs.

Clippers getting Stephenson and soon to be Pierce is huge for them. Pierce is way better than Barne and Stephenson can defend unlike Crawford.

How can you be so sure about that....If DJ leaves the Clippers they would be worse than last year even with Stephenson and Pierce.....
thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Lakersfan98 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

How can you be so sure about that....If DJ leaves the Clippers they would be worse than last year even with Stephenson and Pierce.....

I forgot that DJ might leave the Clippers and Love might leave the Cavs.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject:

soonerboy824 wrote:
Lakersfan98 wrote:
soonerboy824 wrote:

they probably cant beat the shaq kobe lakers but they probably could beat any team of the last decade.

I guess I dont really see their players as arrogant or entitled. Steph and Klay were both under appreciated as players for most of their basketball careers.

and in this case the nice guys finished first not last lol

The Kobe/Pau teams would have crushed them. Miami probably would have had an easy time with them as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: