OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2131, 2132, 2133 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
I get back from work today and suddenly people are caring what Byron says?

Christ guys, the paranoia on some of y'all make a Cat in a bath look tame in comparison.

Real question is, why are you not on LG at work when you should be on LG at work? Explain.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

What page did we note that LeBron was misquoted?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
What page did we note that LeBron was misquoted?

I dropped that fake news on page 2126

anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

"I'm not taylor swift, im not feeling 22 SHOTS from my starting point guard in the NATIONAL.BASKETBALL.ASSOCIATION"

Harrison Faigen the funniest dude out here in these "blogger" streets fam idc idc

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Mdstgreen wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Mdstgreen wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
3'Angelo wrote:
On Sportsnation, Byron was just asked if D'Angelo is part of the Lakers' future plans and replied with a flat "no"

Why do they even ask him about D'angelo anymore?

EDIT: He was asked if D'Angelo is the future of the Lakers. I understand why he would say no if that is how the question was phrased.
lol what if he knows something that we don't. Like Magic is for sure going to trade him or something

Byron is best buddies with Magic, works out with him every morning. Of course he knows what Magic is thinking. I'd like to hear exactly what Byron said.

I'm scared (bleep) less that they are gonna do something stupid with D'Angelo in the offseason.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Magic talking patience is his version of Mitch talking contention during the rebuild. It's the stuff you say, but what you do and how you do it very quickly becomes a better tell about you. Magic didn't jump in right at the deadline like he did because he's anxious to patiently wait out the development of the youth over the next few years. He didn't make a publicized, "we're moving Lou today, on day 1" edict to let everyone know he's going to move deliberately and carefully either.

This is a guy who intends to put his stamp on things very quickly and very clearly, and if you think that's just draft a guy and wait, I think you will not be happy. He's going to look to make substantial moves. I'm going to give him and Pelinka the benefit of seeing what their strategy re moves and who and how much they will pay, but I'm pretty dead certain they've got a splash in mind this offseason.

These type of moves are hard to pull off for veteran GMs, let alone newcomers. If it was so easy to just move around assets and propel yourself into contention, why didn't other rebuilding teams like the Jazz, Nuggets, Twolves etc. take that route?

This is my biggest worry.

Well, this is exactly my concern with guys like Magic (along with a propensity for seeing the game through the lens of their own career and time).

Hopefully Pelinka will have a lot of influence. RP has been on the other end negotiating deals for players at the end of their careers, beginning of their careers, middle of the road, etc. I think he'll have a better sense of timing and whether or not a deal makes sense. Hopefully, the two of them are not idiots either and recognize talent. Not all 21 yr olds drop 40 in a NBA game against the defending champs. Russell has "it" inside of him. Hope they give him time to bring it out and not rush.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

the Byron thing is being overstated--

first off, the dude doesn't have a job for a reason. So no matter what he says is the equivilent of asking any random guy in a bar. (hehe)

numero dos, he did give DLO praise-- said he thinks DLO can thrive at the 2 and that he can really shoot... really the entire question was based around moving him to the 2.

the final question, was does this move do anything to secure him the future of the Lakers-- BS said "no" which really who cares-- again, he's jobless
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
the Byron thing is being overstated--

first off, the dude doesn't have a job for a reason. So no matter what he says is the equivilent of asking any random guy in a bar. (hehe)

numero dos, he did give DLO praise-- said he thinks DLO can thrive at the 2 and that he can really shoot... really the entire question was based around moving him to the 2.

the final question, was does this move do anything to secure him the future of the Lakers-- BS said "no" which really who cares-- again, he's jobless

Dude works for the TV arm of the team and is tight with the guy who took over for the guy who fired him, so I wouldn't say he's jobless.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
"I'm not taylor swift, im not feeling 22 SHOTS from my starting point guard in the NATIONAL.BASKETBALL.ASSOCIATION"

Harrison Faigen the funniest dude out here in these "blogger" streets fam idc idc

Probably the nicest & most talented one too. He's good people & has a bright future.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Probably the nicest & most talented one too. He's good people & has a bright future.

He's got some competition over at lfr on both fronts.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

I enjoy listening to their show. Something is definitely missing when he's not available.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

That's nice of you to say, but he's like 11 years younger than me and you know how I feel about production relative to age.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

That's nice of you to say, but he's like 11 years younger than me and you know how I feel about production relative to age.

Yeah, but does he do his best work on or off mike?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Yeah, but does he do his best work on or off mike?

On, and I believe his name is Anthony, not Mike.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Seriously though, he's more of a writer who podcasts rather than the other way around.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
MJST wrote:
D'Angelo Russell is also I believe the second youngest player in NBA history to have 40 points and 6 assists with only one turnover.

The other guy? LeBron James.

That can only mean one thing...

D'Angelo's gonna go bald

Someone's gonna photoshop that eventually now.
Lakersince79OC
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject:

tnell wrote:
Lakersince79OC wrote:
Lol! I'm amazed you guys are impressed with a team that's way below .500 .

Dlo? He don't deserve a nickname. Lol only all Stars get that.

Trade Russell for whatever you can get. Who's he better then? Steph, Cp3,Westbrook, Lillard, Wall? None of the above.
Dude has a slow first step and can't drive to the hole. Has the slowest crossover in the league. He has a nice shot and passes well. But the other PGs eat him alive. Dump Russell and Nick Young. Hope and cross your fingers for Lonzo Ball. Just hope the Celtics don't draft him.

That's another reason why Russell should be traded. If we do get Lonzo. Russel is too slow to be a 2guard. Are you gonna bring Lonzo off the bench?

Ball at the 1, Clarkson2, Ingram3, Randle
4 and Black/Mozgov 5.

If Markkanen or Monk Drop grab one of them with the other 1st rnd pick.

Yra man DLO had a great game last night.

So he dropped 40 and gave up 46 and grabbed an L once again.

Get real this team has won 20 out of 70. Nobody on this team deserves any props.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Ya 'these dudes' don't even bother watching the game. It's like customer support techs for Dell with scripted statements.

Last edited by Worthy42 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakersince79OC wrote:
tnell wrote:
Lakersince79OC wrote:
Lol! I'm amazed you guys are impressed with a team that's way below .500 .

Dlo? He don't deserve a nickname. Lol only all Stars get that.

Trade Russell for whatever you can get. Who's he better then? Steph, Cp3,Westbrook, Lillard, Wall? None of the above.
Dude has a slow first step and can't drive to the hole. Has the slowest crossover in the league. He has a nice shot and passes well. But the other PGs eat him alive. Dump Russell and Nick Young. Hope and cross your fingers for Lonzo Ball. Just hope the Celtics don't draft him.

That's another reason why Russell should be traded. If we do get Lonzo. Russel is too slow to be a 2guard. Are you gonna bring Lonzo off the bench?

Ball at the 1, Clarkson2, Ingram3, Randle
4 and Black/Mozgov 5.

If Markkanen or Monk Drop grab one of them with the other 1st rnd pick.

Yra man DLO had a great game last night.

Get real this team has won 20 out of 70. Nobody on this team deserves any props

You realize he and Irving were guarding and being guarded by different people, right?
Lakersince79OC
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
If you really watched that game and thought Dlo's role was much different from when he was labled "PG" and played aggressive, you're trippin'.

All this pre-game "JC is the Point Guard" talk. It was all talk
Here DLo is asked if his aggressive play was something that Luke told him to do.. - You would think this is where he'd say "yea I was the SG, that's the SGs role". But no, he says "I'm just a basketball player. no matter what position they say I am out there"
The "JC is the PG" crap was all talk. DLo played the same as before, just tuned the aggressive nozzle up, like he does sometimes.

Nonetheless social media is blowing up about DLo's success at 'SG', so..

I think he stepped up his intensity and focus as well as the benchiing lit a fire in him. It's the exact same thing that happened last yera after his benching. He was benched, at first it went bad and everyone went ape (bleep). Then he had some great games as the man on the 2nd unit and when he went back into the starting 5 he played great.

I think benching him is something that seems to lite a fire in him to play better. Whether we see it or not, the Lakers are around him EVERY DAY. Luke Walton is no Byron. He is a player's coach. If he saw some things in Russell and felt they needed to be brought out and benching was the way to do it, I think that's great.

The Lakers are likely going to draft Fultz or Ball this summer if they stay at 2. D'LO should play a combo guard role. It'll be one of the most exciting backcourts in the league, IMO.

That is the problem with Russell.

Why should anyone have to motivate him to play his best.
This team needs the Alpha dog that's always hungry for blood.
This season Russell had the chance to take a huge step forward but failed to take advantage of his opportunity.

If he maxed out his potential he could average 20 and 10assists. That's if he's motivated.
That's a big issue if you're leader has to be motivated to play.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:

Ya 'these dudes' don't even bother watching the game. It's like customer support techs for Dell with scripted statements.

Why bother watching the games when you already know how you're gonna feel about them?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject:

And I'm sorry, I just can't. We've hit our dumbass capacity. No Vacancy. It's all I can do to not straight out ban all of the people who gleefully come out of the woodwork when things go badly and then ain't got (bleep) to say last night or today, so I'm DEFINITELY not letting new turkeys in. Find somewhere else to post.

Last edited by GoldenThroat on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject:

Lakersince79OC wrote:

Get real this team has won 20 out of 70. Nobody on this team deserves any props.

If Luke was coaching LG, you'd get a DNP-CD with that kind of analysis. Here, I'll save you some time on actually watching a game. Just add up how many points Kyrie scored on D'Angelo. It was was 7.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject:

Watched a rerun of the game. Well I shut it off when it was over, around the 2:30 mark. Very in control from Russell... or "reined in" to use Murmuys language.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Lakersince79OC wrote:

If Luke was coaching LG, you'd get a DNP-CD with that kind of analysis. Here, I'll save you some time on actually watching a game. Just add up how many points Kyrie scored on D'Angelo. It was was 7.

GT is coaching LG, and dude just got straight up cut. Do not go to the bench, do not shower on your way out.
Billium
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject:

I thought the most positive thing from the game was that Russell was talking to Kyrie and you could tell a few times that Kyrie was upset when Russell was able to score on him. On Kyrie's last free throw attempt when he and the teammates step in to touch hands, Russell throws his out there as Kyrie is turning and off course doesn't get any love but Kyrie does say something to him. Anyways after the game it looked like Kyrie went specifically to Russell first and gave him a hug and they talked a bit. Seems to me that these two were trying to put on a show and both did while still having respsect for each other. If Russell can step up his confidence level to where he goes out and competes with the greats every night then I am good.

He just has to bring it against Dame for me to anoint him as the future. None of that dirty elbow stuff because he let's Dame get in his head, just full on talking and playing with the same confidence level as last night.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2131, 2132, 2133 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 2132 of 2856
Jump to: