OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2179, 2180, 2181 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
KBH wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
I disagree. His statistical increase is post ASB. That is a small sample. Let's not forget this guy was putting up single digits and even a 0 in games earlier this year.

You brought up him scoring 0 points early this year without any context as to why.

The hater agenda is strong in this one.

Russell leaves game vs Pacers with Knee Injury in the 1st quarter: https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/dangelo-russell-leaves-game-vs-pacers-with-knee-injury-012017

Yeah. I do wonder if the goal was to try and get one past folks to suit the agenda, or, if he was honestly just scrolling through game logs to find something worth using as evidence.

Either way, it's disingenuous and transparent.

No, I remember him playing a full game and doing nothing, but that was my mistake to say 0. He actually scored 2 full points in full, uninjured game. Looks like you guys got me, now that he's clearly never skunked a game, it's HOF for this kid

Guess which future Laker Hall of Famer posted these lines at the end of his second year?

http://i.imgur.com/YOMgP7b.png

If you're going to claim Russell's games post-ASB are a "small sample," why are you bringing up one game that Russell stunk it up as an indictment on his ability? You're playing both sides of the fence, my man.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
KBH wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
I disagree. His statistical increase is post ASB. That is a small sample. Let's not forget this guy was putting up single digits and even a 0 in games earlier this year.

You brought up him scoring 0 points early this year without any context as to why.

Russell leaves game vs Pacers with Knee Injury in the 1st quarter: https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/dangelo-russell-leaves-game-vs-pacers-with-knee-injury-012017

Yeah. I do wonder if the goal was to try and get one past folks to suit the agenda, or, if he was honestly just scrolling through game logs to find something worth using as evidence.

No, I remember him playing a full game and doing nothing, but that was my mistake to say 0. He actually scored 2 full points in full, uninjured game. Looks like you guys got me, now that he's clearly never skunked a game, it's HOF for this kid

Guess which future Laker Hall of Famer posted these lines at the end of his second year?

If you're going to claim Russell's games post-ASB are a "small sample," why are you bringing up one game that Russell stunk it up as an indictment on his ability? You're playing both sides of the fence, my man.

Travis Knight?

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Daloyalfan16
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kid just turned 21 and has shown when he plays 32mpg, he's basically able to be a 20+ ppg/5+ apg level player. That portends great things as he ages...

I agree. I switched to wanting DLO right before the draft. Although it's been rocky, I really feel confident, he's going to be one of our greats when it is all said and done. This last stretch with no Lou around has really cemented it for me. As for the dissension, I imagine DLO will be like Kobe in that he will always inspire extreme reactions (this stage has already been set). As awesome as Kobe was, there were some UGLY wars on this board and others throughout the years. Unfortunately I can imagine that it will be the same with DLO, even when he progresses into an All-Star/perhaps more type player.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
KBH wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Ok, fair enough. DLo has 14 games of single digits including the 0 pt one where he was injured. But he has 44 games of double digit scoring.

Since you are worried about sample size, wouldn't 14 games be a much smaller sample size than 44? Like why is a 2 pt effort an indication he sucks but a 40 pt night where he became the youngest Laker ever to put up 40 in a reg season game isn't an indicator he doesn't?

Easy. Those 44 games don't fit his agenda.

I already answered that in a few posts earlier and since you clearly aren't trying to have a discussion and just bait, I'm not going to bother posting my response. You can search for it yourself.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

150 odd posts in 12 years and pretty much all of them bashing DLo in his thread. Love or hate, kid keeps people engaged.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
KBH wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

I'm mostly shocked that Kobe once only took 4 shots while playing 27 minutes
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kid just turned 21 and has shown when he plays 32mpg, he's basically able to be a 20+ ppg/5+ apg level player. That portends great things as he ages...

Ugh. But what about the one game where he didn't score. Or scored two points. I don't remember which, but yeah, what about that? Stop being so biased.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
KBH wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

If Kobe Bryant was so good, why didn't he play more minutes in his second season? I've seen his Per-36 minute stats from 1998, but if he were so good, he'd be playing more minutes instead of backing up Eddie Jones.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
KBH wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
KBH wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Ok, fair enough. DLo has 14 games of single digits including the 0 pt one where he was injured. But he has 44 games of double digit scoring.

Since you are worried about sample size, wouldn't 14 games be a much smaller sample size than 44? Like why is a 2 pt effort an indication he sucks but a 40 pt night where he became the youngest Laker ever to put up 40 in a reg season game isn't an indicator he doesn't?

Easy. Those 44 games don't fit his agenda.

I already answered that in a few posts earlier and since you clearly aren't trying to have a discussion and just bait, I'm not going to bother posting my response. You can search for it yourself.

I actually read your answer. Didn't see anything in it that conflicts with my above quote.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
150 odd posts in 12 years and pretty much all of them bashing DLo in his thread. Love or hate, kid keeps people engaged.

Are you a young dude?

I'm here since the beginning of the millennium when we had no time to talk about players underachieving because we were winning championships. This is the worst time ever to be a Lakers fan, even in the bad years of 90's we were an exciting playoff team. What surprises me is so much love for players from this mess, 5th seed would be terrible in the past, second worst franchise in entire NBA for two straight seasons never crossed my mind in almost 40 years rooting for this team. A lot of Dlo bashing is unfair, the kid is scoring in the 20s most games Luke gives him minutes, but I don't get all the sensitivity about it because we are loosing games, there is no reason to be happy this days.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Are you a young dude?

I'm here since the beginning of the millennium when we had no time to talk about players underachieving because we were winning championships. This is the worst time ever to be a Lakers fan, even in the bad years of 90's we were an exciting playoff team. What surprises me is so much love for players from this mess, 5th seed would be terrible in the past, second worst franchise in entire NBA for two straight seasons never crossed my mind in almost 40 years rooting for this team. A lot of Dlo bashing is unfair, the kid is scoring in the 20s most games Luke gives him minutes, but I don't get all the sensitivity about it because we are loosing games, there is no reason to be happy this days.

I'm sorry. You can remain angry, depressed, cynical, but a lot of us here, especially in this DLO thread remain positive and optimistic about him and the team going forward.

Sorry we don't share your doom and gloom, but that's no reason to be angry at those who don't share your outlook.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Are you a young dude?

The "sensitivity," if there is any, is that people are not only inconsistent and inaccurate with many of their criticisms, but constantly shifting the goal posts. They're simply waiting for the next "aha!" moment that proves D'Lo must be overrated as the no. 2 pick and is a mediocre prospect. So if people are sensitive, it's because too many people want their opinions with backwards analyzed "information" to be considered equally with objective facts. And to be clear, the objective data isn't that D'Lo is going to be a superstar, because very few people, if any, are making that claim.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Are you a young dude?

I've been following Lakers since 1999-00 so mostly gone through really good times. It's just that I've accepted that we have to build through the draft like most teams have to at some point. Times have changed and you can't even steal a guy like Kobe now 'cos he'd have to go to college and would be a Top pick. Rockets and Spurs cut short the process by securing superstars in lopsided trade, but that's a rarity now. Lakers will have to build through draft and sign smart FAs like Celtics have done if they wanna build a contender in future. That or have enough assets to build a super team via trade + FA.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Many older fans want the instant gratification that they always got as Laker fans. But sometimes you gotta embrace where you are rather than where you want to be.

If there was a quick fix to get us back into championship contention, I think most of us would be all about that. But all I see in the short term are roads back to the playoffs, and that's it. Our young guys may be a part of the next Laker contender, they may be traded for guys who will be, or we might not see a champion again for a very long time. But the young guys absolutely represent our best chance to get there, rather than hypothetical trades or Free Agent acquisitions.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Many older fans want the instant gratification that they always got as Laker fans. But sometimes you gotta embrace where you are rather than where you want to be.

If there was a quick fix to get us back into championship contention, I think most of us would be all about that. But all I see in the short term are roads back to the playoffs, and that's it. Our young guys may be a part of the next Laker contender, they may be traded for guys who will be, or we might not see a champion again for a very long time. But the young guys absolutely represent our best chance to get there, rather than hypothetical trades or Free Agent acquisitions.

Magic will be looking for quick fixes and there are a ton of quick fixes out there that can get us into playoffs and/or win 50 games. Then improve more next year and return to glory

Remember, assuming pick we've got four tradeable assets plus a max slot. Can even free up more cap if Moz Deng included with asset. There's a lot at play here and I can't see any player on this team being worth holding on to if an all star is available
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

And honestly, the most frustrating period for me was 2013-14 when he a team filled with one year rentals, no exciting young talents and a Top 5/Top 3 protected pick owed to Suns in future. Kobe was struggling with injuries and his career coming to end. From there, we have Ingram, DLo, Randle, Zubac, Nance and JC in the squad. You couldn't even dream of trading for a decent player then and now we have enough at least to get an all star if we are impatient/desperate. So I am way more optimistic than I was 4 years ago. If Lakers want just a Top7/8 seed with PG 13, we have the assets to make it happen short term. I believe we could get there in couple of seasons anyway even if we keep main young core plus add Ball/Fultz.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
These days, I'm much less concerned with whether a guy can be an elite individual defender, and much more concerned with whether a guy is capable of being part of a good defensive line up.

Thus far, Russell has shown he can be, despite his athletic deficiencies. Obviously, he needs to get better, but he's capable of playing smart team defense when he's focused.

What do you even mean by the bolded part? This team is one of the worst defensive teams in the league no matter who you put out on the floor.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
Magic will be looking for quick fixes and there are a ton of quick fixes out there that can get us into playoffs and/or win 50 games. Then improve more next year and return to glory

Remember, assuming pick we've got four tradeable assets plus a max slot. Can even free up more cap if Moz Deng included with asset. There's a lot at play here and I can't see any player on this team being worth holding on to if an all star is available

I certainly believe that Magic will be looking for a quick fix. I'm curious though as to who we think that could be. It would probably have to begin with Blake Griffin or Gordon Hayward signing as a Free Agent, both of which I find to be unlikely scenarios.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

I certainly believe that Magic will be looking for a quick fix. I'm curious though as to who we think that could be. It would probably have to begin with Blake Griffin or Gordon Hayward signing as a Free Agent, both of which I find to be unlikely scenarios.

With Blake it looks like all his knee injuries are starting to catch up with him, so I'm not sure if he's that guy anymore.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
With Blake it looks like all his knee injuries are starting to catch up with him, so I'm not sure if he's that guy anymore.

Blake has CP3 & DJ and they're probably not even gonna have home court advantage in the 1st Round. That's why I'm skeptical about quick fixes. We're really, really far away.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

I don't see any team currently contending for the title that built a core with quick fix moves. Unless that quick fix move includes adding LeBron James like the Heat and Cavs.

The Spurs, Warriors, Celtics, and Wizards are replete with homegrown talent. Houston fleeced the Thunder, a team looking for a quick fix by flipping a promising young 6MOY. Look how well that turned out for them in the long run.

Lakers need to stay the course with the young guns and add assets in free agency. No need to gut the roster for guys who are going to be available on the open market in a season's time.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Practice wrote:

Blake has CP3 & DJ and they're probably not even gonna have home court advantage in the 1st Round. That's why I'm skeptical about quick fixes. We're really, really far away.

I'm not a fan of quick fixes either. I do think the team is going to try and get at least one all-star level soon though, whether that's George or someone else.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Not fan of a quick fix unless I believed that player can lead us to glory years. If we gut our roster and get George for instance or Butler, we will be like Atlanta. Always a playoff fodder in the the middle of nowhere . I rather sign these guys as free agents. Let the rebuild continue, if we can get something cooking then maybe in 2018, time to look for the bigger picture.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Are you a young dude?

I'm sorry. You can remain angry, depressed, cynical, but a lot of us here, especially in this DLO thread remain positive and optimistic about him and the team going forward.

Sorry we don't share your doom and gloom, but that's no reason to be angry at those who don't share your outlook.

I'm cool, I was talking about the sensitivity of some folks that aren't. Dlo is doing fine, as I use to tell we have a lot of problems and he is not one of them.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
crucifixion wrote:

Not fan of a quick fix unless I believed that player can lead us to glory years. If we gut our roster and get George for instance or Butler, we will be like Atlanta. Always a playoff fodder in the the middle of nowhere . I rather sign these guys as free agents. Let the rebuild continue, if we can get something cooking then maybe in 2018, time to look for the bigger picture.

You're preaching to the choir here.

I think we'd be best served to shoot our shots in the summer of '18, frankly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2179, 2180, 2181 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 2180 of 2856
Jump to: