OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2285, 2286, 2287 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I don't get the comparisons to Curry, Nash or CP3.

We don't have any player as skilled as those guys, with the same passing ability, shooting ability or ball handling skills.

They show us if you are an all time great doing something you don't need to be the most athletic guy out there.

Those guys despite not blow passing for everyone are often going to the hoop sometimes finishing, usually creating for others. By the way those guys are reasonably quick.

Can someone bring Curry and Nash TS%? That may be insane compared to our guys.

The point for me is not that we don't have a player with Westbrook athleticism, but our players still have to show they have any elite skills.

They are young, they can improve, but there is no point talking about how the lack of elite athleticism didn't stop players like Curry and Nash to become all time greats (not on defense most would agree)
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

CP3 was pretty quick in his prime. Curry and Nash get by with ball-handling and changing speeds.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Prime Mbenga would be a decent backup today

Prime Mbenga.

Kupchak wasting Mbenga's prime like he did.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
I don't get the comparisons to Curry, Nash or CP3.

We don't have any player as skilled as those guys, with the same passing ability, shooting ability or ball handling skills.

They show us if you are an all time great doing something you don't need to be the most athletic guy out there.

Those guys despite not blow passing for everyone are often going to the hoop sometimes finishing, usually creating for others. By the way those guys are reasonably quick.

Can someone bring Curry and Nash TS%? That may be insane compared to our guys.

The point for me is not that we don't have a player with Westbrook athleticism, but our players still have to show they have any elite skills.

They are young, they can improve, but there is no point talking about how the lack of elite athleticism didn't stop players like Curry and Nash to become all time greats (not on defense most would agree)

I am guessing you didn't watch Curry and Nash in their 2nd NBA season. They weren't doing the things DLO was. CP3 is different, he was doing those things. And of course all were older at that time with more basketball experience.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Not just their second season, at this age. They were in college.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

And even then it's okay if Russell isn't a future MVP.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Damn imagine a hybrid

LeBron James, with Stephen Curry shooting, and Pat Bev energy haha
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Not just their second season, at this age. They were in college.

That is true

Sometimes I forget how young Russell still is, but it is not easy to develop the skillset as much as those guys, they are all time greats.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
bonkers wrote:

Prime Mbenga.

Couldn't recognize quick enough

oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
The "quick-footed" Nash breaking down Varajao on the dribble. This is all footwork and dribbling with little quickness.

It's easy to see Russell doing this in a few years.

I want Russell to work with Nash so bad.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
bonkers wrote:

Prime Mbenga.

Couldn't recognize quick enough

Man I forgot how long DJ was
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
The "quick-footed" Nash breaking down Varajao on the dribble. This is all footwork and dribbling with little quickness.

That is legit quickness though, in a way - it's not burst but it's consistent churning of the feet, quick feet.
Similar with Curry - he's consistently playing with pace/ feet churning. You can call it "guard motor", Steph's half-court pace, dude is active.

DLo probably does need to get more athletic. Zach Lowe even said it, I agree.
But if he does, then he's an allstar. It's not like he needs more athleticism to just be a good player
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

That takes deft body control and insane smarts, and like you said footwork and technique. Sure, Dlo can do that in a few years, but it's going to take alot of work.

He's on his way.
https://streamable.com/s8sf
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

That takes deft body control and insane smarts, and like you said footwork and technique. Sure, Dlo can do that in a few years, but it's going to take alot of work.

John Wall wishes that were the case

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Grind wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
MJST wrote:
The Grind wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

It probably wouldn't matter if I pointed out that Russell wasn't the one assigned to Wall for most of that game, would it.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Anyways, MJST's point was about dlo developing that body control, not so much the head to head match up.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Had the current FO been intact and Luke was the coach, there would've been a 0% chance they would've just let Nash walk the way the old regime did. It still boggles my mind that even after he worked privately with Clarkson, and Clarkson improved so much that he went from riding the bench all season to actually making the All-Rookie first team, it took his acceptance of the GS gig for the old regime to even make an attempt of keeping him around in an official capacity. You'd think that move would've been a swift, no-brainer once they drafted DLO. But they showed up late to the party and whiffed as a result, just like they did in free agency.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Had the current FO been intact and Luke was the coach, there would've been a 0% chance they would've just let Nash walk the way the old regime did. It still boggles my mind that even after he worked privately with Clarkson, and Clarkson improved so much that he went from riding the bench all season to actually making the All-Rookie first team, it took his acceptance of the GS gig for the old regime to even make an attempt of keeping him around in an official capacity. You'd think that move would've been a swift, no-brainer once they drafted DLO. But they showed up late to the party and whiffed as a result, just like they did in free agency.

Yeah, would have been nice to have Nash around to coach DLo and JC.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Nah, the real story isn't anything like that. It was all Nash.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Judah wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Could you elaborate?

Clarkson was picking up so many little things from him in that short time.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Judah wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Could you elaborate?

Let's just say the Lakers went above and beyond for Nash, and when it came down to it, he didn't reciprocate. They wanted him to stay and work with their guys the whole time. He did very little of what he indicated he would do, with players and with other appearances, and then bailed.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Judah wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Could you elaborate?

Let's just say the Lakers went above and beyond for Nash, and when it came down to it, he didn't reciprocate. They wanted him to stay and work with their guys the whole time. He did very little of what he indicated he would do, with players and with other appearances, and then bailed.

*nods head in agreement*
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Judah wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Could you elaborate?

I didn't know THAT!
After disaster of how that trade went down, that's a major slap in the face.
I just lost any and all respect from him as a laker fan.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Judah wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Could you elaborate?

*nods head in agreement*

Makes me hate Nash even more. What a douche.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2285, 2286, 2287 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next
Page 2286 of 2873
Jump to: