OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2418, 2419, 2420 ... 2879, 2880, 2881  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

I'm at bargaining-depression
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
I'm at bargaining-depression

Collective suicide watch over LG
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
tox wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
MJST wrote:
It says something of the Lakers FO that they tell Jerry West "We don't need you" and then trade the kid he said would be a 15 time all-star in this league for peanuts right after.

For that reason I hope in Staples that Russell drops 40 on us in a victory and then stares down Magic after the 40th point.

You can say "go root for the Nets!" but I'm not a Nets fan, I'm a fan of the Lakers actually making moves that help the franchise, when they make moves that hurt the franchise or hinder the franchise, I hope it hurts, so maybe they don't make the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over again cause "We're the Lakers".

DLO will go for 70 against us, and break the 3 point record.

lol
Somehow 70 doesn't have the same allure after Booker did it

It'll come in a loss where Lonzo goes for 40/10/10. Best of both worlds.

I actually hope DLO gives it to Ball. Win or lose, I don't care... prefer we lose to them. Then I want Magic to have to spend his whole car ride home wondering how big of a mistake he made.

DLO is about to blow up and we're going to sit back and watch with envy.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject:

DLO is in a better situation for himself. Best of luck to him. I don't understand with this move, people are hoping the Lakers fail? But it is what it is; this was a bigger picture move and I choose to look at the bigger picture. Once things start getting out of hand, then that's when I will start saying something. This is not necessarily a "ridiculous" move. Not to mention it works out for the Lakers and D'angelo Russell. If we draft lonzo, I did wanna see how they worked out together, because I thought that combo would be electrifying.

Last edited by Outspoken on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

The "Ex-Girlfriend Law" will sure come down on us. DLO will torch us every single time.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:

The more I read/hear about the trade from Woj and Ding, the greater sense I get is that this trade is independent of getting George.

The Lakers wanted D'Angelo gone. Check the summary comments in this Reddit thread from a Wojcast

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/6iq894/woj_streaming_live_on_fb/?st=J47TG9YJ&sh=6663e7f5

alarming.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
The more I read/hear about the trade from Woj and Ding, the greater sense I get is that this trade is independent of getting George.

The Lakers wanted D'Angelo gone. Check the summary comments in this Reddit thread from a Wojcast

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/6iq894/woj_streaming_live_on_fb/?st=J47TG9YJ&sh=6663e7f5

alarming.

It's very clear. DLO was traded even before the Lakers started negotiating with the Pacers.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
tox wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
MJST wrote:
It says something of the Lakers FO that they tell Jerry West "We don't need you" and then trade the kid he said would be a 15 time all-star in this league for peanuts right after.

For that reason I hope in Staples that Russell drops 40 on us in a victory and then stares down Magic after the 40th point.

You can say "go root for the Nets!" but I'm not a Nets fan, I'm a fan of the Lakers actually making moves that help the franchise, when they make moves that hurt the franchise or hinder the franchise, I hope it hurts, so maybe they don't make the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over again cause "We're the Lakers".

I hope while he scores 40 . Lonzo put on a playmaking show while leading the route over the nets..

if he goes for 40, whoever 'angelo is guarding is going for 50.

Cuz that's how basketball works. Just a series of continual 1-on-1 battles to the death.

I am sure people have said that about Damian Lillard, Kyrie Irving, Steph Curry, Isaiah Thomas (ok this one might be true ). Conley too, when he was young. Let's not mention James 'Haren'

Fair enough. the extent of the impact he'll need to make on the offensive end will have to be at curry kyrie harden level. A lot to ask out of russell.

It is. But that's to be elite. You can be a really good player, even with subpar defense, without hitting that level of production. And it's too soon to rule out his production, which is kind of the thing.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

I reeeeeaally wonder how much input Luke really had here.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm looking forward to the next interview with Byron.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

justsomelakerfan wrote:
I reeeeeaally wonder how much input Luke really had here.

As someone who saw him pretty much everyday probably a lot.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

John Ireland made a good point today that there are players who wanna PLAY in the NBA and players that are just happy to be in the NBA. Looks like Lakers only want players that wanna play.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

alarming.

Yeah, this is my impression as well. They really, really didn't like the kid as a person. The complaints aren't about his game.

Pretty much. We as fans don't really see what is going on behind the scenes. The skill-set was obvious. If he had those red flags then that is too bad. We should have given him more time but if he gets his head on right, he's going to do well in Brooklyn.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

alarming.

Yeah, this is my impression as well. They really, really didn't like the kid as a person. The complaints aren't about his game.

Magic wanted the best teeth in town
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

^And that's fair.

Kind of kills me that the Lakers didn't even give Lonzo and DAR a chance.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
John Ireland made a good point today that there are players who wanna PLAY in the NBA and players that are just happy to be in the NBA. Looks like Lakers only want players that wanna play.

How can you tell the difference in a 21 year old who has been working everyday at the facilities?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

alarming.

Pretty much. We as fans don't really see what is going on behind the scenes. The skill-set was obvious. If he had those red flags then that is too bad. We should have given him more time but if he gets his head on right, he's going to do well in Brooklyn.

waiting for the Ding article with all the dirty details.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

How can you tell the difference in a 21 year old who has been working everyday at the facilities?

Just going by what I've heard and read. Dlo might just end up being one of those players with the talent but didn't put in the work or didnt have it between the ears.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
2019 wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

Just going by what I've heard and read. Dlo might just end up being one of those players with the talent but didn't put in the work or didnt have it between the ears.

Sounds like Odom.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:

Great point John. Must be nice for a 26-win team to trade their top producing prospect by the numbers because he can be kind of a brat. Hopefully they sign guys who know what it means to be a Laker as their guiding principle from now on
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:

John never makes good points. He's garbage. Lakers traded dlo because he doesn't fit their plans plus they were able to get rid of leagues worst contract.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
^And that's fair.

Kind of kills me that the Lakers didn't even give Lonzo and DAR a chance.

That was a HUGE selling point for me with Lonzo as I watched more of him. I still think he's the guy at 2... But it's more because the team now has a gaping hole at both guard positions AND in their perimeter shooting
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

Crazy how he's unathletic, lazy, just happy to be in the NBA, etc, and he's still way more productive than our other young guys.

I'm always gonna go back to that, sorry.

what happens if he stays and his improvement is only marginal next year, and then he starts to have problems about Ball taking charge? I have faith that Ball can be at least 75% of what Russell did last year. I have more faith that Ball will be, wait for it, balls to the wall, as opposed to dlo who's intensity comes in and out depending on how he feels.
lj12
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm still so angry and heartbroken by this trade..
lj12
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Is there a chance that the trade isn't official? I haven't seen anything posted by the Lakers with regards to it.. I keep hoping to wake up from this nightmare haha
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2418, 2419, 2420 ... 2879, 2880, 2881  Next
Page 2419 of 2881
Jump to: