OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2522, 2523, 2524 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Get well kid!
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

FWIW Kevin Love and Patrick Beverly both missed around a month of action after getting this same procedure done last season
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:05 am    Post subject:

Hope he returns sooner than later. Meanwhile Nets beat Jazz despite all their injury troubles. They just compete every night and seems to have a better coaching staff than Lakers. Also a better fit in today's NBA with decent shooters unlike us.

Hope DLo can stay healthy after this as he'd be up for extention this summer or next season. Nets might lowball him if health is a big concern.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

He'll come back and ball out as usual.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Dinwiddie on DLo:

Quote:
I would like to think that we won for him though, because our heart goes out to him, he is our teammate and our brother. We feel for him in this time. A lot of us have had injuries and surgeries and things of that nature. So, like I said, our heart goes out to him.”

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/2017/11/18/nets-jazz-postgame-quotes
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Dinwiddie on DLo:

Quote:
I would like to think that we won for him though, because our heart goes out to him, he is our teammate and our brother. We feel for him in this time. A lot of us have had injuries and surgeries and things of that nature. So, like I said, our heart goes out to him.”

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/2017/11/18/nets-jazz-postgame-quotes

I was led to believe he was a toxic locker room presence DOE
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Dlos numbers are all the more impressive given most of them have happened on a bum knee, and at times, two of them.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dlos numbers are all the more impressive given most of them have happened on a bum knee, and at times, two of them.

Unfortunately, it’s a big concern though, even if the procedure he just had isn’t too major.

The Nets will be very cautious with him too. They’ll sit him out for a while.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

I felt as though last year his lack of aggressiveness at times might have been him being ginger with his knees. There was a point where he had started to play more aggressively and then he got hurt (knees). Once he came back he wasn't playing as downhill.

He was really starting to get to the rim this year which bodes well if he doesn't end up having chronic knee issues. He's always had thin legs relative to his upper carriage. Puts pressure on the lower joints. Hard to strengthen the legs without putting pressure on the knees. Maybe he should lean up through the arms and shoulders.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

this is why it was important to make the trade before the season. Keeping him for now while planning to trade him for cap space later adds an element risk.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

dao wrote:
this is why it was important to make the trade before the season. Keeping him for now while planning to trade him for cap space later adds an element risk.

Lonzo Ball's career could end tomorrow. It's athletics - there's always a risk of injury.
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Remember in the summer when I said I met Brian Shaw at work, asked him about DLo, and he said he wasn't the one & that he got to go?..

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/933074370863316992

^video of BShaw telling Dennis Scott that DLo was (bleep) all the time at practice

edit: also throwback vid to when Shaw was the head coach of the nuggets and was BS'ing by rapping a scouting report to them lol......

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if DLo still (bleep) in Nets practices.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Not surprised that he had problems with Shaw. Shaw got into it with all of his point guards, including Andre Miller of all people.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully DLO comes back stronger.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Not surprised that he had problems with Shaw. Shaw got into it with all of his point guards, including Andre Miller of all people.

So far, we are 3-3 in head coaches or former head coaches who are both extremely challenged in understanding the nuances of modern NBA offense (and player development) and a personality conflict with dlo. And 1-1 in coaches good at both who seem to be fine with him. Could be correlation vs causation argument, and while there is doubtless some fault on dlo's end, seems there might be some fire with that smoke.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

So far, we are 3-3 in head coaches or former head coaches who are both extremely challenged in understanding the nuances of modern NBA offense (and player development) and a personality conflict with dlo. And 1-1 in coaches good at both who seem to be fine with him. Could be correlation vs causation argument, and while there is doubtless some fault on dlo's end, seems there might be some fire with that smoke.

Is one of the three you're referring to Magic? Because while it's likely he butted heads with Luke from time to time, I don't think there is enough evidence that Luke wanted him gone. Nor do I think Luke is in the stone ages in terms of coaches like the other two are.

Of course I do agree that Scott and Shaw don't qualify as credible evaluators of young players given their respective histories, and DLO does seem like a know-it-all who was almost guaranteed to rub them the wrong way.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

what about Pop tho?
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:
Remember in the summer when I said I met Brian Shaw at work, asked him about DLo, and he said he wasn't the one & that he got to go?..

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/933074370863316992

^video of BShaw telling Dennis Scott that DLo was (bleep) all the time at practice

edit: also throwback vid to when Shaw was the head coach of the nuggets and was BS'ing by rapping a scouting report to them lol......

I give you credit for posting what you heard and apologize for not believing you at the time
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Is one of the three you're referring to Magic? Because while it's likely he butted heads with Luke from time to time, I don't think there is enough evidence that Luke wanted him gone. Nor do I think Luke is in the stone ages in terms of coaches like the other two are.

Of course I do agree that Scott and Shaw don't qualify as credible evaluators of young players given their respective histories, and DLO does seem like a know-it-all who was almost guaranteed to rub them the wrong way.

I included Luke because I think he's a bit old school in his coaching (knowing you want to run modern offense is better, but not knowing what you're running and not hiring a quality assistant who does is an issue) who also seems to want everyone to be in his band of buddies.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

what about Pop tho?

I kind of put the pop thing with the initial Snapchat thing.

But here's what we have from pop himself:

“He’s done a great job, he’s taken direction, communicated really well with everyone else on the team, he’s done well,” Popovich said of Russell.

And, as far as Russell’s skill-set, the USA Select Team head coach complimented that as well.

“He (Russell) is a much more clever player,” Popovich said. “He’s very skilled, but he’s smart on the court. He knows what the situation is and knows how to take advantage of certain match-ups that are on the court.”
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Kenny Atkinson:

Quote:
On DLo’s spirits: “He’s a positive, positive person, which I really enjoy being around. I talked to him today. I think like anybody that has a little injury, these guys at this level think, ‘I want to get back. I want to help the team.’ He talked about the game tonight and what we need to do. He’s engaged, he’s involved, hasn’t distanced himself. So, positive spirit, yes.”

https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/11/17/16672040/sean-marks-kenny-atkinson-talk-dangelo-russell-surgery
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Kenny Atkinson:

Quote:
On DLo’s spirits: “He’s a positive, positive person, which I really enjoy being around. I talked to him today. I think like anybody that has a little injury, these guys at this level think, ‘I want to get back. I want to help the team.’ He talked about the game tonight and what we need to do. He’s engaged, he’s involved, hasn’t distanced himself. So, positive spirit, yes.”

https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/11/17/16672040/sean-marks-kenny-atkinson-talk-dangelo-russell-surgery

It's good to see them offering support to DLo so openly.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Kenny Atkinson:

Quote:

Sounds like a real locker room cancer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2522, 2523, 2524 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 2523 of 2856
Jump to: