OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2529, 2530, 2531 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
MJST wrote:
tbh Russell putting up 20 ppg with his other stats looks like he's likely to be come a star too.

The thing is both Russell and Porzingis can both be stars at their positions. It's not about one being more of a star than another one. The fact they're both are headed towards becoming all-stars at their positions means that neither was the 'wrong' pick.

In my opinion Porz is about 100 times better. I honestly think that Porz at 7'3" is faster than DLO.

DLO was a draft whiff in my opinion, but like I have said before we got a lot for him in trade and you can't nail all of your lotto picks. It just does not happen.

Okafor is likely a whiff. Mudiay is likely a whiff. Russell's only a "whiff" because Magic sold early and low.

But we'll see how it plays out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
MJST wrote:
tbh Russell putting up 20 ppg with his other stats looks like he's likely to be come a star too.

The thing is both Russell and Porzingis can both be stars at their positions. It's not about one being more of a star than another one. The fact they're both are headed towards becoming all-stars at their positions means that neither was the 'wrong' pick.

In my opinion Porz is about 100 times better. I honestly think that Porz at 7'3" is faster than DLO.

DLO was a draft whiff in my opinion, but like I have said before we got a lot for him in trade and you can't nail all of your lotto picks. It just does not happen.

It’s really not a whiff. It may not be a perfect selection but as you said he garnered a lot of assets (and they took Moz for him). You couldn’t get that for Oak or Anthony Bennett or even Noel. Those were whiffs. If you think Porky is a Bentley than DLo is a Mercedes. Oak and company are those Soviet era economy sized cars.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
MJST wrote:

It’s really not a whiff. It may not be a perfect selection but as you said he garnered a lot of assets (and they took Moz for him). You couldn’t get that for Oak or Anthony Bennett or even Noel. Those were whiffs. If you think Porky is a Bentley than DLo is a Mercedes. Oak and company are those Soviet era economy sized cars.

Yugos!
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Yugos!

I went to look at them the first year they came out. Walked into the showroom and sat in the drivers sea. It was too close so I pulled the lever to adjust and the entire seat fell of the rails and I ended up almost upside down in the back seat. Wasn't much interested after that.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject:

Nets somehow were up by 40 against the Wiz and Okafor didn't see the floor. He's still getting in game shape, apparently.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Nets somehow were up by 40 against the Wiz and Okafor didn't see the floor. He's still getting in game shape, apparently.

What on earth.
Dlo's DRPM is gonna take a beating. It's at -1.31 for posterity. Let's see what happens when it's updated
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

What on earth.
Dlo's DRPM is gonna take a beating. It's at -1.31 for posterity. Let's see what happens when it's updated

And RPM still inexplicably loves Dinwiddie despite four straight losses before the Wiz game and declining play as teams focus on him.

RPM also apparently isn't a fan of LeVert who I think has been playing well for them over the past 15 games. *shrug*
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

Lonzo is just barely shooting 3s at a higher percentage than DLO this season
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

What on earth.

And RPM still inexplicably loves Dinwiddie despite four straight losses before the Wiz game and declining play as teams focus on him.

RPM also apparently isn't a fan of LeVert who I think has been playing well for them over the past 15 games. *shrug*

Surprisingly his DRPM didn't change.
Dinwiddie's RPM is crazy but these things change fast as the model gets more data and it falls into new local minima. It really likes Dinwiddie at the expense of Dlo and Lavine. But I don't care about the Nets enough to examine whether that's just a weird quirk that'll be ironed out or if it's a legit representation of those three's on court contributions.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
tox wrote:

What on earth.

Dinwiddie's RPM is crazy but these things change fast as the model gets more data and it falls into new local minima. It really likes Dinwiddie at the expense of Dlo and Lavine. But I don't care about the Nets enough to examine whether that's just a weird quirk that'll be ironed out or if it's a legit representation of those three's on court contributions.

How much does A/TO ratio factor into these things? Because that's the only area where Dinwiddie really stands out (nearly 5:1), and I imagine the drop off to DLo and LeVert who are more turnover prone combined with the team offensive efficiency without the drag of turnovers could make Dinwiddie look really, really effective on paper. But I also expect that's way oversimplifying things.

I actually would like Dinwiddie on the Lakers, more so than Nerlens Noel. He has some Shaun Livingston to him, but with a legit 3pt shot.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

A dinwiddie, dlo, Lin backcourt, with some wings to throw in there, is a pretty solid look for Brooklyn if they can get them healthy.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
A dinwiddie, dlo, Lin backcourt, with some wings to throw in there, is a pretty solid look for Brooklyn if they can get them healthy.

It's too bad for Lin, he's going to be 31 coming off a torn patellar tendon, likely trying to get back into playing form before becoming a free agent in 2019.

But LeVert has been on the come up after a rough start, and a trio of him, Dinwiddie, and DLo brings a lot of perimeter length and versatility for the Nets for cheap (at least until 2019).
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
tox wrote:

What on earth.

How much does A/TO ratio factor into these things? Because that's the only area where Dinwiddie really stands out (nearly 5:1), and I imagine the drop off to DLo and LeVert who are more turnover prone combined with the team offensive efficiency without the drag of turnovers could make Dinwiddie look really, really effective on paper. But I also expect that's way oversimplifying things.

I actually would like Dinwiddie on the Lakers, more so than Nerlens Noel. He has some Shaun Livingston to him, but with a legit 3pt shot.

It probably factors in a lot. Remember RPM is (largely) independent of the box score, so it's not that A/TO on paper is driving his RPM so high. Rather, it'd be what happens on the court if your point guard has a high A/TO: offense would be better because you're setting up teammates for good looks (high assists) and because you're getting more possessions (low turnovers = fewer wasted possessions), and defense would be better because turnovers often lead to easy buckets for the other team (though this is where dead ball turnovers and live ball turnovers are vastly different).

Dinwiddie's OBPM is also really high (+3.7), which is surprising since he's low usage and not that efficient. This is where his ATR on paper really helps him (as well as his absurdly high 3Ar).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
tox wrote:
tox wrote:

What on earth.

It probably factors in a lot. Remember RPM is (largely) independent of the box score, so it's not that A/TO on paper is driving his RPM so high. Rather, it'd be what happens on the court if your point guard has a high A/TO: offense would be better because you're setting up teammates for good looks (high assists) and because you're getting more possessions (low turnovers = fewer wasted possessions), and defense would be better because turnovers often lead to easy buckets for the other team (though this is where dead ball turnovers and live ball turnovers are vastly different).

Dinwiddie's OBPM is also really high (+3.7), which is surprising since he's low usage and not that efficient. This is where his ATR on paper really helps him (as well as his absurdly high 3Ar).

Interesting, thank ya!

That makes a Hart (low TOs) and Ball (impressive ATR) backcourt really intriguing going forward if Hart can step up.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
NYPost_Lewis

@NYPost_Lewis

Marks said last Wednesday Russell would need 7 or 8 weeks to recover from Nov. 17 surgery. That puts a return between Jan 5 & 12.

He said Okafor could be fit in 1 ½ to 2 weeks, so likely the homestand that starts New Year’s Day. #Nets

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
tox wrote:
tox wrote:

What on earth.

Interesting, thank ya!

That makes a Hart (low TOs) and Ball (impressive ATR) backcourt really intriguing going forward if Hart can step up.

It does, but the flip side is what you could dub the Nance effect. Nance always has pretty good RPM numbers, but the more of those types of players you get, the worse each of them would perform. A Hart/Ball backcourt would be great if the Lakers have a star at the 3 (e.g. Paul George) and if Ball and Hart can each hit at least 36% (preferably at least 38%) from the 3 point line.

Or if Ingram turns into the guy the Lakers want him to be, although I'm skeptical about that.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject:

It's astounding that the Nets without Lin or Russell have 12 wins so far this season.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Nets up by 35 against the Heat after 3 quarters. :O
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

It's astounding that the Nets without Lin or Russell have 12 wins so far this season.

They have a cohesive system where it legitimately can be "next man up" because their whole team plays the same way. They won't be as good with lesser talent, but at least there's continuity.

We have one playbook for the starters and another playbook for the bench, and are way too reliant on our shot creators. That why we look lost without Lonzo.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@APOOCH

This is Caris LeVert's 2nd career double double (12 points & 10 assists).

bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdY1PatHGjk/?taken-by=clutchnets
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdY1PatHGjk/?taken-by=clutchnets

"two...weeks..."

https://m.popkey.co/f5b443/VeLja.gif
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Atkinson on @dloading: “He’s working his tail off. I was watching him in the gym yesterday. It’s an arduous process. He’s putting in a ton of time, he’s putting in full days.”

tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Quote:
Atkinson on @dloading: “He’s working his tail off. I was watching him in the gym yesterday. It’s an arduous process. He’s putting in a ton of time, he’s putting in full days.”

Lies. He was obviously bs'ing on the practice court....
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Quote:

Continuing on with that quote:

Quote:
It’s been amazing to see his work ethic. He’s been great.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2529, 2530, 2531 ... 2871, 2872, 2873  Next
Page 2530 of 2873
Jump to: