OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2550, 2551, 2552 ... 2863, 2864, 2865  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
It’s pretty hard not to be impressed with the teams drastic turnaround since DLo’s return, 3-12, losing 8 straight and 12 out of 13. I’d take Hart or Kuzma and straight up, but we also dumped Mozgov who’s played 13 minutes since New Years. About time for some to admit the brilliance of that trade.

Just wild.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject:

1) Brooklyn lost 6 of their last 7 before Russell came back.
2) He's coming back from knee surgery.
3) He was on a minutes restriction for most of that time. He didn't even play in half of a single game until 4 games ago.
4) He didn't even play in one of those games.
5) Did you apply this same standard to him last year, when the Lakers had a better record with him?
6) Have you watched Kuzma play in the last 2 months?

Talk about thirsty.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

This is why I have a self-imposed two drink maximum when posting on LG.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
1) Brooklyn lost 6 of their last 7 before Russell came back.
2) He's coming back from knee surgery.
3) He was on a minutes restriction for most of that time. He didn't even play in half of a single game until 4 games ago.
4) He didn't even play in one of those games.
5) Did you apply this same standard to him last year, when the Lakers had a better record with him?
6) Have you watched Kuzma play in the last 2 months?

Talk about thirsty.

Bless you for taking the time to respond to this GT. Better man than I lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
1) Brooklyn lost 6 of their last 7 before Russell came back. You’re timeline is a bit selective. The Nets won 4 of the 11 prior to his return, they've won 3 of 15 since his return

2) He's coming back from knee surgery. He’s returning from a procedure that involved only removal of loose bodies from within the knee. That procedure typically requires a rehab of 6-8 weeks. He’s 22 years old and took the full 8 weeks to return. He’s since played an additional five weeks.
3) He was on a minutes restriction for most of that time. He didn't even play in half of a single game until 4 games ago. In their eight straight losses DeAngelo has has averaged 13.3 PPG, 24.5 MPG, .389 shooting, 2.8 TO’s, that’s hardly a bit player.
4) He didn't even play in one of those games.Correct, he didn’t play in one of those games
5) Did you apply this same standard to him last year, when the Lakers had a better record with him? I’ll conceded that with Calderon, Ennis and Huertas playing in his place the Lakers were a worse team, that’s hardly a ringing endorsement
6) Have you watched Kuzma play in the last 2 months? Yes and I attribute that to the long NBA season, not to lack of focus, discipline or preparation as I do with Russell. Kuzma will have a better career because of what he does off the court. I’ll stand by that

Talk about thirsty.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

nash used to be so much more fun.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
1) Brooklyn lost 6 of their last 7 before Russell came back. You’re timeline is a bit selective. The Nets won 4 of the 11 prior to his return, they've won 3 of 15 since his return

2) He's coming back from knee surgery. He’s returning from a procedure that involved only removal of loose bodies from within the knee. That procedure typically requires a rehab of 6-8 weeks. He’s 22 years old and took the full 8 weeks to return. He’s since played an additional five weeks.
3) He was on a minutes restriction for most of that time. He didn't even play in half of a single game until 4 games ago. In their eight straight losses DeAngelo has has averaged 13.3 PPG, 24.5 MPG, .389 shooting, 2.8 TO’s, that’s hardly a bit player.
4) He didn't even play in one of those games.Correct, he didn’t play in one of those games
5) Did you apply this same standard to him last year, when the Lakers had a better record with him? I’ll conceded that with Calderon, Ennis and Huertas playing in his place the Lakers were a worse team, that’s hardly a ringing endorsement
6) Have you watched Kuzma play in the last 2 months? Yes and I attribute that to the long NBA season, not to lack of focus, discipline or preparation as I do with Russell. Kuzma will have a better career because of what he does off the court. I’ll stand by that

Talk about thirsty.

You were arguing that the Nets had a drastic turnaround when he returned. They were already playing poorly, having lost 6 of 7. Pointing that out is a selective timeline, but 4 of 11 (thereby omitting them losing 7 of 8 before then) isn't? That's a 5-14 stretch. Its that really all that different than what they've done with him in the lineup (3-11)...with him playing limited minutes in most of those games?

Russell hasn't been a bit player in the last 4 games. Before that, he was.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Talk about thirsty.

You were arguing that the Nets had a drastic turnaround when he returned. They were already playing poorly, having lost 6 of 7. Pointing that out is a selective timeline, but 4 of 11 (thereby omitting them losing 7 of 8 before then) isn't? That's a 5-14 stretch. Its that really all that different than what they've done with him in the lineup (3-11)...with him playing limited minutes in most of those games?

My statement about their drastic turnaround was sarcasm. They were bad without him and they’re just as bad (possibly worse) with him. You would expect at least some impact from what minutes he got over the past 5 weeks. Instead, what you’re seeing is; as he plays more, they lose more.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Dlo with a solid game, though he didn't shoot the ball well. On a side note, Jarrett Allen looks GOOD for them. This may be a hot take, but he's looking like their best overall prospect right now.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

mans was puttin on a passin clinque
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Man DLO really sucks. Glad we have Hart instead now.

But man, Nets are gonna really need him tomorrow for them to have a chance against the Cavs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Might be the most invisible player to put up stats that I have ever seen
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Might be the most invisible player to put up stats that I have ever seen

was he invisible

or was thou not watchin

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Oh he’s talented I know that, just seems like no matter what stats he puts up no one ever talks about it like they do with other young players, you can call it underappreciated
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Dlo with a solid game, though he didn't shoot the ball well. On a side note, Jarrett Allen looks GOOD for them. This may be a hot take, but he's looking like their best overall prospect right now.

Allen is pretty bad defensively idk
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Allen is pretty bad defensively idk

soon as he shave off that fro its gone improve 1000%

his head get too hot to play consistent defense
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Nets also missed LeVert and RHJ for a stretch during the losing streak. But some are so predictable with their narrative.

kevin61 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Talk about thirsty.

My statement about their drastic turnaround was sarcasm. They were bad without him and they’re just as bad (possibly worse) with him. You would expect at least some impact from what minutes he got over the past 5 weeks. Instead, what you’re seeing is; as he plays more, they lose more.

LeVert missed 8 out of last 11 games before tonight. Played 12 minutes in the game he got injured. RHJ missed 11 in a row. If you wanna act like you are objective and put the blame on DLo, at least don't swallow these facts. Ignore minutes restriction and everything else, but losing two of their best players will have a big impact on an already mediocre roster.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Allen highlights (including nasty dunk on Markkanen):
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

@APOOCH

In talking with players in #Nets locker room, hard to underestimate Caris LeVert and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s impact on this team, both on and off the court.

The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject:

People coming here to hate on someone we traded months ago?
https://i.imgur.com/cw9Dhs2.jpg
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Nets also missed LeVert and RHJ for a stretch during the losing streak. But some are so predictable with their narrative.

kevin61 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Talk about thirsty.

LeVert missed 8 out of last 11 games before tonight. Played 12 minutes in the game he got injured. RHJ missed 11 in a row. If you wanna act like you are objective and put the blame on DLo, at least don't swallow these facts. Ignore minutes restriction and everything else, but losing two of their best players will have a big impact on an already mediocre roster.

Never said that the Nets aren’t a bad team, they are. What I am saying is that DLo doesn’t make them any better.
Russell started tonight, played 29 minutes and went 2 for 9, but they won anyway. I suppose you may have something there, Hollis-Jefferson may be vital to the teams success, Russell is not.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
Never said that the Nets aren’t a bad team, they are. What I am saying is that DLo doesn’t make them any better.
Russell started tonight, played 29 minutes and went 2 for 9, but they won anyway. I suppose you may have something there, Hollis-Jefferson may be vital to the teams success, Russell is not.

I didn't watch the game, but you can both go 2-9 and play well. Did you watch it?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:42 am    Post subject:

Tonight's stats:

3 box score glances
1 schedule look-up
0 minutes of actual games watched
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject:

Watching Isaiah playing alongside Lonzo is showing me that a DLo and Lonzo backcourt could have worked.

But that's all water under the bridge now, one of either Moz or Deng had to go and DLo was the price. I don't think either team is now unhappy with the trade, both got what they wanted.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Schmitz‏Verified account
@Mike_Schmitz
Follow Follow @Mike_Schmitz
More
Jarrett Allen's last 10 games: 13.2 PTS, 7.5 REB and 1.2 BLK per game in 23.5 MIN with a 68.5 true shooting %. Perfect rim runner/roller in Brooklyn's 4-out attack. The long-armed 19-year-old is in a great development situation with the Nets. Steal at 22nd overall.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2550, 2551, 2552 ... 2863, 2864, 2865  Next
Page 2551 of 2865
Jump to: