OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 625, 626, 627 ... 2861, 2862, 2863  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
MWP had more assists than anyone on the team

Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:

javiervelaquez wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
javiervelaquez wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:

Both our guards got torched (as expected).

Nasty crossover on clarkson

Why was I quoted on this?

cuz Clarkson got torched...

K. Might wanna go back to the original post you wanted to quote.

pio2u wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Worthy42 wrote:
DLo did a good job contesting Klay while he was on him. Klay was 1/8 shooting and the one make was a contested shot too.

BUUUUT you can't stop Tank Commander. 3rd quarter when Lou came in he stuck him on Klay. Granted the game started getting away but Klay went 2/4 and looked more comfortable.

Overall poised effort to start the game for him. Other than Julius and DLo the team looked the frantic mess tonight.

Sadly we'll have to keep hoping Byron gives up on his 'useless' offensive sets and giving Kobe touches to initiate the offense or the rest of the season is going to be even more brutal to watch then it has been now.

Dlo bashers will think he's guarding the PG when he's been on the SG for the most part all season (and doing a damn good job of it most of the time).

Both our guards got torched (as expected).

Last edited by Worthy42 on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
javiervelaquez
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject:

kinein wrote:
I'm going out on a limb - I really don't see Randle Clarkson and DLo being the future. At least not for 3+ more years, its going to take time, growing pains, a 1st round playoff exit or two before you really figure out if they will be franchise players on this roster, with the chemistry they've built ... so far.

Goal #1 should be kicking the Clippers off their high perch, on the regular.

Out of the three, DLo prob is part of the future. Randle maybe. I don't think Clarkson is.

Clarkson will get a little better but he wont be a superstar. He will be somewhere between a kevin martin and jamal Crawford. Liability on defense and hardly does anything else besides score. I'll admit he's an above average scorer but don't be fooled, he will not be anywhere near the elite scorers of the NBA. I would trade him as his value will be highest next couple of years.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
MWP had more assists than anyone on the team

Earlier this season, about 3-4 games ago. I checked everyone's Assist to turnover ratio on our roster. MWP had the highest at 3:1.
Put a random comment about it in the Official random thoughts thread.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Is that DLO TWC commercial somewhere on Youtube yet? Probably the only bright spot this season
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject:

javiervelaquez wrote:
kinein wrote:
I'm going out on a limb - I really don't see Randle Clarkson and DLo being the future. At least not for 3+ more years, its going to take time, growing pains, a 1st round playoff exit or two before you really figure out if they will be franchise players on this roster, with the chemistry they've built ... so far.

Out of the three, DLo prob is part of the future. Randle maybe. I don't think Clarkson is.

Clarkson will get a little better but he wont be a superstar. He will be somewhere between a kevin martin and jamal Crawford. Liability on defense and hardly does anything else besides score. I'll admit he's an above average scorer but don't be fooled, he will not be anywhere near the elite scorers of the NBA. I would trade him as his value will be highest next couple of years.

Well, last year as starting PG Clarksons numbers where 16.7pts 5.4ast 4.6 reb. I'd give a pass to Russel because he is younger and it's sad, but at this stage Kobe and Randle are downgradings from Johnson and Ed Davis
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
javiervelaquez wrote:
kinein wrote:

Well, last year as starting PG Clarksons numbers where 16.7pts 5.4ast 4.6 reb. I'd give a pass to Russel because he is younger and it's sad, but at this stage Kobe and Randle are downgradings from Johnson and Ed Davis

Randle is not a downgrade from Davis.

End of the day, Kobe puts up 15+ shots. That's 15 less shots for Russell/Clarkson/Randle. It's also more time with the ball. It's not like Kobe is just in catch and shoot situations. He's literally holding the ball for 4-6 seconds to shoot a contested j that he's usually fading backwards on.

Without that ball stopping and more shots to go around, Russell takes the lead more, Clarkson has more room to operate, and Randle isn't just waiting to see what Kobe does

Face it, Kobe and Byron are the reason we're 2-11. If you gave us MDA and no Kobe, I feel confident saying we've won 5 more games and we'd see exciting ball with D'Angelo looking like a star in the making.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
nash wrote:
javiervelaquez wrote:
kinein wrote:

End of the day, Kobe puts up 15+ shots. That's 15 less shots for Russell/Clarkson/Randle. It's also more time with the ball. It's not like Kobe is just in catch and shoot situations. He's literally holding the ball for 4-6 seconds to shoot a contested j that he's usually fading backwards on.

Without that ball stopping and more shots to go around, Russell takes the lead more, Clarkson has more room to operate, and Randle isn't just waiting to see what Kobe does

Face it, Kobe and Byron are the reason we're 2-11. If you gave us MDA and no Kobe, I feel confident saying we've won 5 more games and we'd see exciting ball with D'Angelo looking like a star in the making.

I don't know if we have a star in the making, but any player shooting 1-14 with the coach claiming he has the right to do that is detrimental to the team and to the development of young players. I wish Kobe could retire. The guy is a living legend, it's really sad to see him playing at this level. I'm not calling out Kobe because a lot of the shots are late clock possessions where the others just dumped the ball to him.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
2019 wrote:
nash wrote:
javiervelaquez wrote:
kinein wrote:

I don't know if we have a star in the making, but any player shooting 1-14 with the coach claiming he has the right to do that is detrimental to the team and to the development of young players. I wish Kobe could retire. The guy is a living legend, it's really sad to see him playing at this level. I'm not calling out Kobe because a lot of the shots are late clock possessions where the others just dumped the ball to him.

Video breaks down all his attempts.

1st shot 10seconds on the clock top of the key miss
2nd shot received pass at 7 seconds shot at 4 seconds elbow ft line miss
3rd shot received pass at 9 seconds shot miss on turnaround jumper
*4th shot 2 seconds bad pass from Lou baseline 3pt air ball
5th shot 9 second 3pt air ball
6th shot pull up three in transition 18 seconds SCORES
7th shot 14 second 3pt attempt miss
8th shot end of quarter 30 ft 3pt attempt
9th shot end of quarter 5 seconds layup miss
10th shot 13 second iso possession 3pt attempt
11th shot 5 seconds elbow jumper ball get stuck between backboard and rim
12th shot 8 second 3pt attempt
13th shot 2 second receives pass after from Julius after curling off a screen for the miss elbow
14th shot 5 seconds shot at ft line

He really only had one 'bail out' shot and it's the asterisk one from a terrible pass from Lou. If you want you can count the end of quarter ones he missed...

The others that were close down in the shot clock he received a good pass in what looked like an offensive flow and just missed it.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject:

I would consider 6-7 of those bail out attempts, due to the fact that there wasn't really enough time to create anything else.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject:

So Russell sits when games are close and when games are out of hand . I understand now 😤
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject:

Byron's lack of coaching is really hurting D'Angelo, Randle and Clarkson. These 3 have to be the focal point of our team. For good or for bad they need the playing time, the touches and plays run run for them. WTH is Byron doing?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

D'Angelo Russell's current season stats are quite respectable.

PTS: 10.2

REB: 4.4

AST: 2.9

PIE: 9.5%
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

KobeDunk wrote:
Byron's lack of coaching is really hurting D'Angelo, Randle and Clarkson. These 3 have to be the focal point of our team. For good or for bad they need the playing time, the touches and plays run run for them. WTH is Byron doing?

Exactly! When the game was out of hand last night why wouldn't you put your future in for playing time why would you ever put veterans who are on there last legs play.

Byron is stuck in the past and obviously isn't what this team needs right now
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

http://deadspin.com/byron-scott-is-still-being-stupid-about-dangelo-russell-1744605834

And don't tell me Porzingis or Okafor wouldn't be stat padding in these minutes either.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:

Russell sitting and not padding his stats is only going to hurt the lakers. We the fans need something to cheer about. At the end of the year when Russell stats are way below other rookies it will only put more pressure on him and create more and more bust articles by the media.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
http://deadspin.com/byron-scott-is-still-being-stupid-about-dangelo-russell-1744605834

And don't tell me Porzingis or Okafor wouldn't be stat padding in these minutes either.

Those two would be even worse here than Russell with the way Byron coaches. Porzingus would be on the bench getting 15 min a game and taken out because he's a white skinny guy and the amount of "man up" comments on him would be the catch phrase every game.

And Okafor would struggle to get any looks since like Russell, we will hardly pass to him because for some ungodly reason, this (bleep) coach wants to phase out rookies from shooting the damn ball and give them good looks from anything other than isolation.
Vino24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
nash wrote:
javiervelaquez wrote:
kinein wrote:

I agree kobe holds the ball which he should not be doing. But everytime there is ball movement and the ball comes to randle. It stops also and it leads to him driving straight. Randle has one speed and runs straight hence why he can get injured easily and get called for charges. I think its the coaching, preach ball movement and less iso's all around.

I am actually impressed with russell, he is tryin to play within the offense (whatever offense we have) and not forcing it or doing iso's. Everyone trashing russell will eat their words after. He is not being utilized correctly. He even has improved his defense a lot. All the shots that curry made over russell were well defended but you can't stop curry in his prime right now.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:

Quote:
As a basketball fan, one of life’s simplest pleasures is waking up each day and knowing there is a good chance that Lakers head coach Byron Scott is going to do or say something that is hilariously dumb.

*ARM FOLDING INTENSIFIES*

!...
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

Quote:
As a basketball fan, one of life’s simplest pleasures is waking up each day and knowing there is a good chance that Lakers head coach Byron Scott is going to do or say something that is hilariously dumb.

*ARM FOLDING INTENSIFIES*

We need someone with photoshop skills to make that Byron pic shaking with that text.
LooksEasierOnTV
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

Vino24 wrote:
2019 wrote:
nash wrote:
javiervelaquez wrote:
kinein wrote:

I agree kobe holds the ball which he should not be doing. But everytime there is ball movement and the ball comes to randle. It stops also and it leads to him driving straight. Randle has one speed and runs straight hence why he can get injured easily and get called for charges. I think its the coaching, preach ball movement and less iso's all around.

I am actually impressed with russell, he is tryin to play within the offense (whatever offense we have) and not forcing it or doing iso's. Everyone trashing russell will eat their words after. He is not being utilized correctly. He even has improved his defense a lot. All the shots that curry made over russell were well defended but you can't stop curry in his prime right now.

I agree, on the rare occasion where others defer to Russell, something good happens, the problem is guys like Kobe and Randle and sometimes Clarkson don't want to do it. I would like to see Russell get more time with the second unit, without Kobe and Randle on the floor. I've been surprised with how Swaggy P and some of those guys are actually willing to move the ball.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject:

I still can't believe that Byron's stupidity is apparently invisible to the showtime Lakers defense squad and our idiotic FO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject:

I have to admit, the Showtime Cartel's defense of Scott is tremendous unlike Byron Scott's team defense.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I have to admit, the Showtime Cartel's defense of Scott is tremendous unlike Byron Scott's team defense.

If there was a "All First Media Defense Team" award, the entire Showtime Cartel would be on the starting 5.

Magic Johnson
Eric Pincus
Jeanie Buss
James Worthy
Kareem
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
I still can't believe that Byron's stupidity is apparently invisible to the showtime Lakers defense squad and our idiotic FO.

I'm sure the FO sees it but they won't let on until the minute Byron's replacement is lined up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 625, 626, 627 ... 2861, 2862, 2863  Next
Page 626 of 2863
Jump to: